Training 2017 - Preseason Training

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drew petrie wont last 5 rounds. Wce ruck stock is worse than ours. They can chuck McGovern in there, which ultimately weakens there back half. Vardy is injury cursed too.

Right now we have sandi, griff and darcy. If push comes to shove we can throw tabs in there too. Lets not panic yet.

We also have Stra>>>>ca learning the craft with Darcy.

Send stranidica to fyfe for bulk up program

4th year player,off the rookie list,had a good summer,has things to work on which he's aware of,hopefully can put a good case up for rnd 1 selection playing for Peel this weekend was about what I heard.
Simply accurate and realistic...didn't hear any lack of confidence in what he said.Simply saying he's what everyone knows he is:a young developing tall.

Tab just need to grab his opportunity to make himself more valueble . From what I heard is more of hale throwing up challenge to tab looking for some improvemeny in his ruck work with LTI injuries to Clarke and apeness . Everybody know that hale is a forward/ ruck player before becoming a coach . Is so obvious Tab will be scape goat if he drop mark , and can't ruck at all during a match.

Just wait for us to be connected to Jake Spencer - he's a non-restricted free agent.

There'll be plenty of other options I reckon. Let's not get too worried about our situation next season.

For example:

Port have Ryder and Lobbe. Lobbe almost never plays and was AFL standard before Port recruited Ryder. If Port miss finals and Lobbe barely plays they surely have to finally move him on.

Adelaide's O'Brien seems to be developing Ok as well but will he want to wait to take over from Jacobs?

The AFL site (I know) thinks Sydney might play Tippett and Darcy Cameron in round one. That leaves Sinclair and Naismith outside the best 22. You'd think one would move on if Cameron overtakes them.

St Kilda never play Hickey and Longer in the same side. Longer probably behind Hickey ATM but would be a big move to go to a non-Victorian club given he's history.

Kruezer wouldn't be the worst even if he is injury prone.

There's 2-3 rucks (sometimes more) that move every off season. Most sides are playing just one ruck and a part timer in recent seasons which often means decent talents move on rather than wait for their opportunity to arise - plenty turn out to be serviceable players too. If we know Sandilands' intentions for next year by mid season (if it's to retire) we can get someone decent IMO.

Actually don't mind Dawson rucking at all . is time to move weller out of HB and replacing him with Hughes .

One of the worst things that the club could do.
I don't think so , compare to paying 2 non playing senior players wages.By the way I love how ross use dawson as forward last season.

Edit : add on
* strnadica if upgrade will not be good for his long term development . prefer Tab to improve his tap work instead. I hope zac Clark news is not real , as nothing come out on freo website yet. Ideally sean Darcy need at least 5 wafl game before playing afl .

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Marvel Loch/Perth round trip for footy's pretty staunch.
I'm 300 km from Domain and have a mate who has not missed a Dockers home game since '95 which is 'award worthy' for mine.
That's dedication! I think Marvel Loch was about a 4 hour trip each way, but that was in the days when WAFL actually meant something, so was worth the trip :)

I grew up in the country, but started following footy when Swans had won three in a row 61 - 63. Then of course they won nothing for 20 years! I still went to every game I could, even driving down from Marvel Loch for every home game one season.

So following the Dockers is easy after following the Bombo Valley boys :)
I was raised in Midland and before that 1961 premiership no one in Midland dared to own up to following those long neck chickens and then they all came out of the woodwork after the premiership. You old bastard you should have been awarded a medal for that gutsy effort in supporting your team coming from Marvel Loch for every game.

I don't think so , compare to paying 2 non playing senior players wages.By the way I love how ross use dawson as forward last season.

Edit : add on
* strnadica if upgrade will not be good for his long term development . prefer Tab to improve his tap work instead. I hope zac Clark news is not real , as nothing come out on freo website yet. Ideally sean Darcy need at least 5 wafl game before playing afl .
Can't tell if you are agreeing or disagreeing.

The club will do what is best for Strnadica. And that is not playing ruck this year. Before he plays we would have Griffin, Darcy, Dawson, Taberner and Collins as options. If none of them are available our season is over anyway so don't play Strnadica.

Can't tell if you are agreeing or disagreeing.

The club will do what is best for Strnadica. And that is not playing ruck this year. Before he plays we would have Griffin, Darcy, Dawson, Taberner and Collins as options. If none of them are available our season is over anyway so don't play Strnadica.
I agree with you if other option available don't play strnadica , but no choice give him a taste of afl to get a feel so next season he work hard in pre season so he can have a chance to prove he can be consider for pre season game.

I agree with you if other option available don't play strnadica , but no choice give him a taste of afl to get a feel so next season he work hard in pre season so he can have a chance to prove he can be consider for pre season game.
Just checking, you are saying that you think getting him to ruck against Nicnat, Goldstein, Mumford etc may somehow be good for his development? Ok. He must be having a sensational preseason if that is the case.

Just checking, you are saying that you think getting him to ruck against Nicnat, Goldstein, Mumford etc may somehow be good for his development? Ok. He must be having a sensational preseason if that is the case.
I think you misunderstood me. He is only a forward /ruck . nobody expect him to play pure ruck that position is currently belong to sean Darcy

Make it simple for you to understand

1) Sandi ( injured)
2) griffin ( injured)
3) sean Darcy ( injured)
4) apeness ( injured)
5) tab ( injured)
6) Collins( injured)

Then you can upgrade strnadica as if I am not mistaken LTI can upgrade anytime ( zac Clarke)
Just rumours by Salim not sure zac Clarke is 100% out full season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back