Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnW

Club Legend
Oct 6, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
In what way was that "unloading"? He said he was disappointed at the fact he was delisted and then said he liked how much more freedom he was getting in his new game plan.

I assume the poster is talking about the freedom in relation to the offensive side of the game part. Unloading isn't what I would call it.

Only media hacks like Zemplis, Barich or Hagdorn could see that as unloading on his old club. He didn't want to go obviously but was relishing the new opportunity at the Gold Coast under Rocket Eade.
Someone shoot me

I actually agree with harry

Jul 22, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Someone shoot me

I actually agree with harry
hqdefault.jpg

Nov 29, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Cockburn Doctors
Interesting (don't read controversial) with the captain's votes for potential Brownlow in 2017:

"Patrick Dangerfield (Geelong, five votes), Marcus Bontempelli (Western Bulldogs, two votes), Dan Hannebery (Sydney, two votes), Dustin Martin (Richmond, two votes), Lance Franklin (Sydney, one vote), Max Gawn (Melbourne, one vote), Luke Shuey (West Coast, one vote), Rory Sloane (Adelaide, one vote), Adam Treloar (Collingwood, one vote), Callan Ward (GWS, one vote), Jobe Watson (Essendon, one vote)"

Not even 1 vote for Fyfe. He's coming back from injury so that's understandable but still has had a solid pre-season, destroyed the competition and stood out in the pre-season while seemingly in second gear, and has won it before so obviously in the umps field of view. So, a bit surprising for me when players like Ward and Watson are even attracting votes as predicted winners. Not fussed either way since we'll know the answer come the end of the year, but just a bit surprised, that's all.

StingBitten

The Midland Steal
May 31, 2012
Bayswater
AFL Club
Fremantle
I thought he was very restrained considering. Was treated like s**t really. Made to play a half forward when he's one of the best accumulators in the game, dropped to the WAFL, comes back and plays top line footy, gets injured and see you later.
Watch him get 30+ every week and kick opportunist goals all year.
Lyon is so stubborn and seemingly blind when it comes to certain players.

Was a very emotional read indeed - his reaction when he was cut was probably worse then I could imagine in my darkest hour. Was an absolute gun for us and not truly fully utilized - for whatever reason that was.

Interesting comments about the freedom in Gold Coast's attacking plan as opposed to ours. Wonder how that will play out in reality though.

Jan 14, 2008
AFL Club
Fremantle
Players who swap clubs talk s**t. Mitchell reckons that WC'S culture and training is better than the Hawks and Vardy has also stated the same re Geelong. I have never heard of a transferred player knocking his new club. Delisted players have an axe to grind as well .

scon

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2009
western australia
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Long haired Champs.
I haven't read anything from Mick where he has claimed the club treated him unfairly or even badly.
The worst I've seen is him saying he was pissed off that it happened and wanted to stay.

Sully90

Premiership Player
Dec 24, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal
http://www.afl.com.au/news/features/players-top-50

Calls Dangerfield the undisputed number 1 player in the AFL.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-03-16/afl-players-top-50-the-battle-to-be-footys-no1

50% of voters say that Fyfe is better, beating Dangerfield at 33%.

Seems like someone needs to look at the definition of "undisputed" a bit more carefully.
For the purpose of the article it is - ie who the players think is the undisputed best player. That poll was probably just added on by the work experience guy before posting.

Joeltownsmith

Team Captain
Mar 14, 2017
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dall cowboys
Looks like captains snub fyfe in brownlow predictions yet someone voted Rory Sloane ,with all respect to Mr Sloane he's a fantastic player but if he won the brownlow I might as well just start watching womans cricket ....he's no freak. F@#k me days

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
Looks like captains snub fyfe in brownlow predictions yet someone voted Rory Sloane ,with all respect to Mr Sloane he's a fantastic player but if he won the brownlow I might as well just start watching womans cricket ....he's no freak. F@#k me days

You've got to remember that Matt Priddis and Shane Woewoden both won Brownlows. Anything is possible. I'd rate Sloan easily as good as those two and arguably better.

Jan 18, 2002
A bay at Rotto
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Rottnest

Sounds like the captains took it as seriously as when the players named the Lonie boys, "Toughest Player in the AFL ".

As for the Coleman, how the flip can't Kennedy be the starting favourite ?.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back