Opinion Dockers Supercoach & Fantasy Footy Discussion 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a draft league in fantasy draft coming up

When (if) is Bennell looking to come back by?

Choose Supercoach T17

Choose Dangerfield because he is a beast SC whore who acts injured then gets up and keeps scoring you points. Choose not to pick Dangerfield because he is an over-priced campaigner, who will let you down at one point.

Choose Gawn because he has a beard and he is the best loophole bitch in the competition, apart from Goldy when he is better than Gawn. Choose Sandilands because there has never been a bigger MoFo in the competition that the rules have been changed to make him score massive. Don't choose the prick because he will be injured by round 3 making you choose to burn a trade.

Choose rookies that make lots of cash. Choose the overpriced ones that will make you want to keep them, and then trade them later as their price drops. Choose all the cheap rookies from JLT to only find they play FA games.

Choose a mid priced strategy, the Kenny Rogers hold them too long as they plateau and give you a mid priced w***er, or you sell the prick early and then they decide to become a premium.

Choose gambling. Then gamble on things that have players in your SC team, most possessions, first goal kickers, so when you lose you lose a tangible asset as well as your fantasies. Society bitches.

Choose high draft pick players so you make less money. Choose low pick draft players that make less money because they don't get enough games, and hold them, hoping they will get more games.

Choose dual position players, because you like dual positions. Choose players with cool names, because when naming children you chose to name them with a footballers name like Jude or Caleb or Jack.

Choose not to join footy tipping or Dream Team - they are ridiculous competitions, and tell everyone they are shite and they should be ashamed for indulging in such fantasy tripe.

Choose Fyfe, because his name rhymes with life.

Hi guys, in a draft league where I drafted Crozier (deep league), is he likely to get a game round 1 or will be at Peel for the foreseeable future? Thanks

Hi guys, in a draft league where I drafted Crozier (deep league), is he likely to get a game round 1 or will be at Peel for the foreseeable future? Thanks

Weller is currently preferred over Crozier as the smaller non defensive half back. With Ballas going down he may play half forward but wouldn't expect good dt numbers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's hard to say, with Ballas injury he'd be near first in line to return to best 22 but he missed JLT3 and played limited minutes in the first 2

What's Harley Balic been up too? Bit of excitement around on twitter about him now Ballantyne looks to be out long term.

Am I crazy picking Brad Hill for my forward line? He's looked good in the pre season and should average more than he did at Hawthorn.

Both Hill brothers seem like they could go PB this year but having said that, for his price you'd want Bradley to be pushing 80+ as an average and are we going to be getting the ball to him enough to do that?

No doubt he'll kill it a lot of weeks but as much as I'm looking forward to improvement this year good teams might still carve us up and if its too regular that average is going to take a fair hit. Still that's the risk and reward of Fantasy isn't it and you probably shouldn't listen to me I've put Stephen into my midfield hoping he can add another 5 or 10 to his average this year :).

What's Harley Balic been up too? Bit of excitement around on twitter about him now Ballantyne looks to be out long term.
Plays as an inside mid at Peel so would be very unlikely to come in for Ballas, seems back in the pecking order too but is putting in good numbers in the Peel practice matches and late games last year. Should get an opportunity this year but don't expect it too early.

Both Hill brothers seem like they could go PB this year but having said that, for his price you'd want Bradley to be pushing 80+ as an average and are we going to be getting the ball to him enough to do that?

No doubt he'll kill it a lot of weeks but as much as I'm looking forward to improvement this year good teams might still carve us up and if its too regular that average is going to take a fair hit. Still that's the risk and reward of Fantasy isn't it and you probably shouldn't listen to me I've put Stephen into my midfield hoping he can add another 5 or 10 to his average this year :).

Hey Quokka, I looked at this, after thinking, S Hill is finally going to bust out! He has Fyfe and Sandi, he is 26 and fit, and looks awesome. I also see Brad with a new, more inside role than at the Hawks, he is almost looking like a young Hannerbery (I refer to his gut running he has displayed - yaya JLT only). But still for his price you would be nuts not to consider him.

Back to SH - Here is the thing. S Hill had nice ceilings in 2016 of 142, 141, 109 but his floor scores 42, 66, 68. The differential here is a loss and a "lose". The 140 scores are outliers. The 80's are regular, so that will continue IMO next year. For a Premo you need to hit the 100+ anything less is bad, Once players hit the 80's you get that alarm going off, the 70's injury?, the 60's WTF. So on too many occasions does S Hill hit these low scores. I think he may have a break out year, but the amount of people that would select him, have probably selected him every year. Furthermore the 142 was in round 23 (following a 78) so he needs a say 110 as a shite estimate twice, to break even, which happened twice last year.

I would think Brad Hill will be in about 25% ownership as a DP forward (rare), he had a good JLT with a new role, and was on some PB times*someone can confirm. Choose Brad Hill over Stephen Hill, do not choose both. That is my opinion, hope it helps Quokka. Good luck with the selfie!

Last edited:
* I only play Fantasy so I'll use those numbers instead.

I was pretty impressed when I realised Stephen had managed to average 90 last year with low scores of 48 (rd1), 65, 2 x 70s and then 80+. I mean we were so bad. Now maybe it will be a dual edge sword with a better team around him this year but the last two seasons have seen him really shouldering the responsibility of a mature player. He's looking primed and with a little extra talent all over the park letting him stay on ball more I'm hoping even when we're outclassed he'll scramble together some type of score.

In the end he ups his average by 5 and its not a disaster (for a bush leaguer trying to stay in the Freo BF League :) ), by 10 and he'll do me as a legitimate keeper. I haven't had Hill since he was a rookie and I absolutely agree it's Bradley or Stephen, either one is trying for a POD.

Still plenty of time before lockout so maybe he'll become a Gaff or a Kelly but they can't all be Danger and I can't help but think that Stephen has some improvement in him yet.

Hey guys, I would assume that Cam McC would be a likely lock for best 22 and have pretty good JS this year - is that on track? Thanks

Hey guys, I would assume that Cam McC would be a likely lock for best 22 and have pretty good JS this year - is that on track? Thanks
Yes absolutely but he's not going to make a huge amount of cash. If he averages 55, and i don't see him averaging mucher higher, then he'll make 121k

Yeah mate, McCarthy is a lock. Don't expect much consistency from him, average to ok scores with occasional high one.

While you're here, would you take Mitchell or O'meara?

Thanks mate - I think they're both good options, but I'm only taking Mitchell as I have a few other mid-price risky returners already (Sandi, Beams, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back