2017 - Non Yeo Discussion (Formerly Non Freo Discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
...If you're a Perth supporter you'll know THAT GF.

The Demons were without both Couper and fullback John Quartermaine. Captain Ken Inman won the toss and kicked into a strong breeze. The weather was fine during the first quarter, then it rained for most of the second (with the wind dropping to nil). The third quarter was dry and then it absolutely poured throughout the fourth quarter. Perth rallied late but missed by two points on a ground which resembled a lake by game's end.

Former Perth Sandover Medallist, Ian Miller, won the Simpson Medal for East Perth, Perth legend Barry Cable coached East Perth and Perth haven't made a GF since.
I was there, too. Just a tacker at the time. 2 bloody points... and then, to cap it all off, my Dad forgot to pick us up from the bus stop because he was down the pub getting pissed. So there's me and my mum soaking wet, cold as hell, and without even a GF victory to warm us up, looking for a phone box.
No mobiles back then, and of course we never thought it was going to rain so just kinda... sat in it. All day.

Geez. Makes me laugh now, of course. Still got the little black and red triangular flag from that one (and '76).

Yeah, good stuff.

There's a bit of talent to come back from injury that will make it hard for him to hold his spot, but if things fall his way, he may even finish his career with a premiership medallion. As with DeBoer, if that happens, it will make the sight of the GWS getting their spoon-fed premiership a bit more bearable.

Yeah, good stuff.

There's a bit of talent to come back from injury that will make it hard for him to hold his spot, but if things fall his way, he may even finish his career with a premiership medallion. As with DeBoer, if that happens, it will make the sight of the GWS getting their spoon-fed premiership a bit more bearable.
If GWS make the GF would love to see Tendai kick their first goal.

Yeah, good stuff.

I'm not so sure but he may well be on the plane to Adelaide. Feeling on our board is probably Taranto plays for Cogs. The fact the club moved quickly to upgrade him is an indicator Leon wants him as an option I think. He's also got a history of surprising to the side of picking experienced players.
Taranto lòoks very good but generally we dont debut draftees straight away, in the last couple of years anyway, and he didn't come through the academy and thus new to the club.
Bottom line is I'm not sure, but he has done well from what I've seen and is a hard fit professional. AO will be a tough place for our guys and that's in his favour as well. No team is ever all slick talented high draft picks, despite what people say about us.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At the risk of coming across as an injury troll I have to say I can't stop laughing about the De Goey story.

Do Collingwood really think anyone could believe something so ludicrous sounding? for those not clued in- De Goey is out for a month with a broken hand after allegedly whacking it against a door whilst throwing a toy for his dog.

At the risk of coming across as an injury troll I have to say I can't stop laughing about the De Goey story.

Do Collingwood really think anyone could believe something so ludicrous sounding? for those not clued in- De Goey is out for a month with a broken hand after allegedly whacking it against a door whilst throwing a toy for his dog.

Dog got the last laugh. Teaches him trying to launch the toy out of house.

No, these things do happen. A guy I know had a really nasty accident with a vacuum cleaner...

They're not very creative with their excuses, reusing last year's excuse already!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back