Opinion Round 1 Changes vs. Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
B: Lee Spurr, Hamling, Dawson
HB: Sutcliffe, Johnson, Weller

If that backline isn't the most average going around I don't know what is.

Weller is a good kick, Johnson can be a good kick and Hamling is adequate.

The other three are turn over city

Sutcliffe and Spurr have traditionally been good kicks until last year.

We're not exactly flush for options though

I wont debate about Dawson being a turnover merchant.

Sutcliffe and Spurr I would debate about being turnover merchants

Whichever captain voted for Jabe Watson to win the brown low must be taking the piss or mentally challenged.

Fyfe looks in prime condition apart from his kicking so far.

Agree that Spurr and particularly Sutty are turn-over merchants, but Hamling Is a very decent kick of the Sherrin.

It is pretty putrid when you have a good look at it.....It must be the slowest back six in the AFL too....

From Available
Centre Midfield: 1. Neale 2. Hill 3. Fyfe (FF) 4. Mundy (HB) 5. Blakely (OI) - rising magnet | 5 players
Outside Midfield :1. Hill (HF) 2. Weller (CM) 3. D Pearce 4. Langdon (HF)(FP) |9 players
Rucks : 1.Sandi (KPF) 2. Griffen (KPF) | 11 players
Forward line : 1. McCarthy 2. Walters 3. Kersten 4.Crozier (HB) | 15 players
Key Defence line : 1.Johnson, 2.Hamling, 3.Dawson | 18. players
General Defence : Spurr, Ibbotson, Sutcliffe | 21 players

That is my 21, so from that we select from :
Tucker, Sheridan, Hughes, Suban, Collins (7)

Missing : Injury in my order of importance if 100% fit : Bennell, A Pearce, Ballantyne (who would shove out people) then we have Apeness and Clarke.

I am not convinced on Kersten, and he would be my first omission, he looks set to continue his 1 goal average, but I would love to see him improve on that. He is tall enough, but I would take Apeness without blinking. That is the point, we can't. Same, I would take Alex Pearce in a heartbeat, but we can't next best IS Dawson. When Bennell comes in, it will change everything. I used to watch GC games, just to watch him play.

From Available
Centre Midfield: 1. Neale 2. Hill 3. Fyfe (FF) 4. Mundy (HB) 5. Blakely (OI) - rising magnet | 5 players
Outside Midfield :1. Hill (HF) 2. Weller (CM) 3. D Pearce 4. Langdon (HF)(FP) |9 players

Missing : Injury in my order of importance if 100% fit : Bennell, A Pearce, Ballantyne (who would shove out people) then we have Apeness and Clarke.

I am not convinced on Kersten, and he would be my first omission, he looks set to continue his 1 goal average, but I would love to see him improve on that. He is tall enough, but I would take Apeness without blinking. That is the point, we can't. Same, I would take Alex Pearce in a heartbeat, but we can't next best IS Dawson. When Bennell comes in, it will change everything. I used to watch GC games, just to watch him play.

I personally have Tucker ahead of all but Billy in your outside midfield line and all but Spurr in your general defence line. He's got a fast rising possession count and distributes really solidly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From Available

I am curious on how Bennell will perform once fully fit. Really keen on him to kick 20-30 goals of a forward flank.

Apeness brought something to the table last year. Oh and As good as Neale is as a Ball magnet, His best ever game was in a derby when he got 39 disposals and 3 goals.

I am curious on how Bennell will perform once fully fit. Really keen on him to kick 20-30 goals of a forward flank.

Apeness brought something to the table last year. Oh and As good as Neale is as a Ball magnet, His best ever game was in a derby when he got 39 disposals and 3 goals.
I'm hoping that now Lachie doesn't have to lead the midfield he can even get better, have more time to ensure his
disposals are cleaner, no more quick kicks out of congestion without looking.
Ideally you would want more inside mids getting the ball into the hands of our outside types in Hills, Weller, Langdon,
and for them to break the lines.

I'm hoping that now Lachie doesn't have to lead the midfield he can even get better, have more time to ensure his
disposals are cleaner, no more quick kicks out of congestion without looking.
Ideally you would want more inside mids getting the ball into the hands of our outside types in Hills, Weller, Langdon,
and for them to break the lines.
Neale is easily one of our better inside mids in the team. My biggest fear is potentially he might be our sole Gun inside mid coming into 2018. Freo could easily lose Mundy to retirement and Fyfe to Free agency this season. That's the equivalent of Eagles losing Judd and Cousins back in 2007.

Neale is easily one of our better inside mids in the team. My biggest fear is potentially he might be our sole Gun inside mid coming into 2018. Freo could easily lose Mundy to retirement and Fyfe to Free agency this season. That's the equivalent of Eagles losing Judd and Cousins back in 2007.
If we do lose Fyfe it won't be for nothing WC got Kennedy for Judd ++

Whichever captain voted for Jabe Watson to win the brown low must be taking the piss or mentally challenged.
Had to be Heppell. Same bloke actually said yes to taking part in this photo so he must be bloody deranged. :drunk:

C7AAhV7UwAQrjmL.jpg

At an absolute minimum Mundy still has 2 years. People forget just how good Mundy is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back