Opinion Round 1 Changes vs. Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Crozier does get Ballas' spot. I don't mind the idea of Weller and Crozier being able to switch with each other between the HBF and HFF throughout the game. Both seem capable down back defending and on the rebound, if things are looking stale up forward the switch could rev things up abit.

Neale is easily one of our better inside mids in the team. My biggest fear is potentially he might be our sole Gun inside mid coming into 2018. Freo could easily lose Mundy to retirement and Fyfe to Free agency this season. That's the equivalent of Eagles losing Judd and Cousins back in 2007.
Blakely, Grey and Balic step up and we recruit a mature experienced player. S Hill continues his inside development.

Blakely, Grey and Balic step up and we recruit a mature experienced player. S Hill continues his inside development.

Crozier even did a good job inside and outside at stoppages last night. WAFL I know but it was very heartening.

De Luca is a long shot but he's not afraid to get amongst it inside and plays with real mongrel like Grey.

Grey, Crozier and Balic were very good last night and seemed to be really well organised at stoppages. I guess it helped with Darcy winning most of the taps but even when he didn't or when it was a draw, our blokes came to the fore.

B: Spurr Dawson Jonno
HB: Weller Hamling Sutty
C: Hill Fyfe Hill
HF: Tucker Kerstin Langdon
F: Walters McCarthy Croz
R: Sandi Neale Mundy

Inter: Blakely, Danyle, Griff, Ibbo

Emerg: Sheridan, Suban, Tabs, Balic, Logue, Cox.

I'm sticking with my side after last night. Providing Croz pulls up ok after last night and they all get through training this week unscathed I think this will be the 22.

Peel remains very strong with only Croz and one of Shero or Suban missing from the team that won last night.

I will take sutty or ibbo out to make room for grey and croz . having players that can play inside mid or small forward is a plus compare
To one dimension players. After looking at Ross face on TV , I think sherriden and croz will get selected instead.

I will take sutty or ibbo out to make room for grey and croz . having players that can play inside mid or small forward is a plus compare
To one dimension players. After looking at Ross face on TV , I think sherriden and croz will get selected instead.
Grey could also stay at Peel and win the Sandover?

for all the crap suban gets, he is capable of kicking 2-3 goals on a good day
What does that have to do with anything?
People have been criticising Sutcliffe. Fair enough. It would of been worse if he was a Top 5 pick.

Again, a guy like Sutcliffe is expected at pck 71 in the 2011 draft. Never though freo would get a gun like neale at pick 58 in the same draft though

To be honest, I hope Brady grey is good enough to replace Ibbo or Spurr. His game against Port in 2015 against wingard was good and he also got 20 disposals in a Debut game.

Still Bitter we got rid of Barlow. Should of at least kept him for another year. As Fyfe and Mundy will play 22 games if fit so will Neale. Suban will sadly play 22 games but that is expected. If I had to do a prediction, Blakely and Balic are both fighting for that same spot on the bench in the 22 this year. I predict Blakely to play 14 games, Balic to play 8 games.

Might as well build up depth rotating the kids in the middle. We build up depth in the backline as Collins and Alex Pearce should get games in the 2nd half of the season if we are still struggling.

for all the crap suban gets, he is capable of kicking 2-3 goals on a good day

People have been criticising Sutcliffe. Fair enough. It would of been worse if he was a Top 5 pick.

Again, a guy like Sutcliffe is expected at pck 71 in the 2011 draft. Never though freo would get a gun like neale at pick 58 in the same draft though
I think the main issue with Sutcliffe isn't where he was taken in the draft, it is more that we need to improve and he presents as a weak link.

Still Bitter we got rid of Barlow. Should of at least kept him for another year. As Fyfe and Mundy will play 22 games if fit so will Neale. Suban will sadly play 22 games but that is expected. If I had to do a prediction, Blakely and Balic are both fighting for that same spot on the bench in the 22 this year. I predict Blakely to play 14 games, Balic to play 8 games.

/QUOTE] Balic and Blakely would be the main reason Barrow isn't here. Imagine a season with Barlow locked into the best 22 while Balic is killing it in the wafl. Bye bye Balic at the end of the year.

We have posters on here calling for new players and complaining about older players being moved on. Can't have it both ways. But Barlow will kill us when we play Suns.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spurr - Dawson - Johnson
Ibbotson - Hamling - Crozier
BHill - Fyfe - SHill
Pearce - McCarthy - Weller
Langdon - Kersten - Walters

Sandi - Mundy - Neale

Blakely - Griffin - Sutcliffe - Sheridan

Emerg Collins Balic Darcy

Spurr - Dawson - Johnson
BHill - Fyfe - SHill

Sandi - Mundy - Neale

can't see tucker missing for sheridan after last night

It's not about where he was picked it's about whether he's playing good footy.

Spurr - Dawson - Johnson
BHill - Fyfe - SHill

Sandi - Mundy - Neale

Geelong will clean up that team!:'(

Geelong will clean up that team!:'(

They couldn't do that last year against a significantly worse team. In fact, if Dangerfield hadn't gone ballistic they might not have won at all. I'm not saying we'll win or anything but I'm confident it will be a very competitive game. They ain't all that good.

They couldn't do that last year against a significantly worse team. In fact, if Dangerfield hadn't gone ballistic they might not have won at all. I'm not saying we'll win or anything but I'm confident it will be a very competitive game. They ain't all that good.

Hope your right. I'd like a win to start the season, not confident though.

I saw a few Geelong games in the flesh last year - they were nothing special. That they finished second underscored how open last year's comp was and why the Bulldogs could win it from seventh.

I don't think there's a better team to be playing first up - will give us an idea of how much we have improved. I liken it a bit to playing Adelaide the first week of 2010.

It's not about where he was picked it's about whether he's playing good footy.
take away his 4 games in his debut year in 2012, He has played at least 19 games since 2013.

He has good games, He has bad games, Again... Just like nick suban, He is a role player than can fill certain spots on the ground.

take away his 4 games in his debut year in 2012, He has played at least 19 games since 2013.
Yes and the argument is that he has been poor since 2013. I think that's somewhat unfair as I remember some good games early 2014, but he has struggled to play footy as well as he did in his early career in more recent years.

Who will go with Joel selwood , look like danger and fyfe will against each other again .
I think either sutty or sherriden will be in for tagging role .

He has good games, He has bad games, Again... Just like nick suban, He is a role player than can fill certain spots on the ground.

Except he has far more worse games than good games and just like Suban, it's questionable if he gets named in the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back