Mega Thread 2017 Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

What do you all think of the new AFL ad?

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-03-17/hemsworth-owes-me-says-bontempelli

So Bonts, the two Josh Kennedy's and Cameron will be the poster boys for the campaign. I'm already sick of seeing Kennedys mug on all of the Foxtel ad posters and billboards.
Kennedy is one of two Eagles players I actually quite like, and he's a gun so seems fair enough.
Was an interesting choice getting two players with the same name though... And Cameron? AFL gotta plug their lovechild I guess.

https://thewest.com.au/sport/afl/ross-lyon-qa---extended-edition-ng-b88419049z

Q and A with Lyon. This version is longer than in today's newspaper.
Just had a read of this.
I had a bit of a "wait, what?" moment here - "What is a threat to us this year already? Clarke for the bulk of it, Hayden Ballantyne for the bulk of it, Apeness for the bulk of it, Alex Pearce for the bulk of it. Uebergang probably for the year."
I don't mind PD as a journalist but maybe RTB said "tenets" and not "tenants" in this bit here - "you couldn’t tick off the three tenants of your coaching last year". Probably just autocorrect, duz me in all the thyme.

Just had a read of this.
I had a bit of a "wait, what?" moment here - "What is a threat to us this year already? Clarke for the bulk of it, Hayden Ballantyne for the bulk of it, Apeness for the bulk of it, Alex Pearce for the bulk of it. Uebergang probably for the year."
I don't mind PD as a journalist but maybe RTB said "tenets" and not "tenants" in this bit here - "you couldn’t tick off the three tenants of your coaching last year". Probably just autocorrect, duz me in all the thyme.

Didn't it take Ape over 12 months to get over his last PCL? Can't blame Ross for being conservative.

"Mick Malthouse is a dumb campaigner who's views on football (and in particular Fremantle) in 2017 are irrelevant. Anyone who puts any stock in what that dinosaur says is an idiot."
Gaskin, March 19, 2017.

"Mick Malthouse is a dumb campaigner who's views on football (and in particular Fremantle) in 2017 are irrelevant. Anyone who puts any stock in what that dinosaur says is an idiot."
Gaskin, March 19, 2017.
Over to you West Coast supporters!
Tundrawolf, March 19, 2017

Kinda makes me sick to the stomach seeing all these journos tippin gws for the flag, all these concessions they've had and still get .only been around for a few years its just not fair

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What do you all think of the new AFL ad?

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-03-17/hemsworth-owes-me-says-bontempelli

So Bonts, the two Josh Kennedy's and Cameron will be the poster boys for the campaign. I'm already sick of seeing Kennedys mug on all of the Foxtel ad posters and billboards.

Seriously s**t and unfunny. I was embarrassed by its utter crapness. The women's ad was a lot better.

I liked it and thought it was funny.
What's more, I showed it to someone who hates football with a passion, and she liked and thought it was very funny.

Builds on the women's nostalgic ad with the "I'd like to see that" catchline and music at the end. And it has a Hollywood star promoting AFL with passion.

I liked it and thought it was funny.
What's more, I showed it to someone who hates football with a passion, and she liked and thought it was very funny.

Builds on the women's nostalgic ad with the "I'd like to see that" catchline and music at the end. And it has a Hollywood star promoting AFL with passion.

I was once told by an advertising exec that if you don't like an ad, you're probably not the target market.

Last edited:
I was once told my an advertising exec that if you don't like an ad, you're probably not the target market.

Spot on.

Builds on the women's nostalgic ad with the "I'd like to see that" catchline and music at the end.

That was the bit I liked. But it was only 5 seconds at the end - unfortunately not long enough to recover from the nausea induced by the previous 55.

Didn't find it nauseous and certainly not in the least funny.
All just ho hum,let's burn money ho hum...

There ain't no accounting for taste folks.

Anyone see the news tonight?
Watched Channel 7 with that farktard Barich reading the sport.
Could've sworn East Perth won with all the stats shown regarding the Eagles players - Redden and Barras especially.
Not much on the Freo- Peel boys.
From all accounts Peel were by far a better team with individuals gaining important game time. Game was over by 3 quarter time an gave some respectability to the final scores. None the less a very low scoring slog for 2 teams with so many AFL listed players running around, some of th other WAFL games looked to be more entertaining

Anyone see the news tonight?
Watched Channel 7 with that farktard Barich reading the sport.
Could've sworn East Perth won with all the stats shown regarding the Eagles players - Redden and Barras especially.
Not much on the Freo- Peel boys.
From all accounts Peel were by far a better team with individuals gaining important game time. Game was over by 3 quarter time an gave some respectability to the final scores. None the less a very low scoring slog for 2 teams with so many AFL listed players running around, some of th other WAFL games looked to be more entertaining
Channel 9 ran an incredibly similar story. Apparently Adam Simpson's going to be tearing his hair out trying to decide who to include in the wce team based on that WAFL game.
Oh and by the way, Hayden Crozier also played well....

Channel 10 on Friday prior to their sports news announced that Ross Lyon had finally broken his silence and given Channel 10 an exclusive pre-season interview - which turned out to be someone asking him a couple of questions while he popped into what appeared in the backround to be a pharmacy.

https://thewest.com.au/sport/afl/ross-lyon-qa---extended-edition-ng-b88419049z

Q and A with Lyon. This version is longer than in today's newspaper.

Thanks for sharing. Some good insight into his Lyon’s thinking in this interview.

He makes a good point about attack and defence, particularly how the Bulldogs were able to kick a few big scores in the finals, but were otherwise only the 12th best attack for the year.

Lyon’s also backtracking from 2016’s stated goals of improving skills and increasing scoring. Says skills coaching distracted the players: “we shifted away from things that you can control with effort, intensity”.

On Johnno’s habit of breaking down at the end of the year, he says they've worked it out - they didn’t rotate the KPDs enough in 2012/13. Which doesn’t really explain to me how it also went wrong in 2014 and we went into the all-important qualifying final in 2014 without Johnson or McPharlin.

He seems to have a lot of faith in Sheridan to lift and nail down a spot this year, less in Crozier.

On Suban, he makes a point about the value of players with a penetrating kick that’s overlooked by his critics here: “the way he kicks the ball is important”.

He names Tucker as one who wouldn’t have played much last year if it wasn’t a rebuild.

On the lack of defensive rebound last year he observed: “We have got our backs running again. I think part of the problem is that our backs weren’t running - Sutcliffe and Ibbotson and those guys got caught in the technicalities of everything and stopped running.” I'm surprised it took them so long to sort that out last year, (if it truly is sorted out), the problem seemed pretty apparent.

(sorry for the repost - accidental deletion)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back