2nds 2017 - Peel Thunder

Remove this Banner Ad

You have to hand it to Barich, he is an all-round sportsman.

He was pretty crap for the Eagles, then he had a run at Rugby League with the Western Reds where he was even crapper.

I think he has lifted his crapness to a whole new level since he moved into the media.

Well done Adrian!
He's a half back flanker

Is it versatility or poor coaching? Why spend the pre season as a rebounding defender (where he showed the most promise and filled a gigantic need) only to play him in the forward line? If Kersten got dropped and played midfield for Peel, would that be smart coaching and adding versatility, or would it effect his development and not make it clear where the club actually wants him to play?

It's not as simple as 'you dominated in the midfield for Peel, now play as a forward in the AFL, where you will play a completely different role'.
We have some pretty decent emerging options queuing up for small/medium defender including Ryan, Duman, Nyhuis, Hughes and even Logue, plus a surfeit of mature options in Sheridan, Sutcliffe, Spurr and Ibbotson.

Putting Crozier there to help his development works fine for me as a strategy, but he is a mature footballer now and should have versatility, especially in the area of the ground he was initially recruited to play.

It's worth seeing how Croz goes with our different forward line set up. I don't have much confidence he can sustain effort over four quarters let alone the entire season admittedly.

Last edited:

It's worth seeing how Croz goes with our different forward line set up. I don't have much confident he can sustain effort over four quarters let alone the entire season admittedly.
I am not aiming this specifically at you but yours seems to be reflective of the general opinion in here....

We already know what Crozier brings in the forward line. Can you guys not remember him stinking it up time and time and another time again as a midfielder and forward. We finally get it right through sheer luck and desperation last year and we go back to what we know to have failed???

What the actual *?

I am not aiming this specifically at you but yours seems to be reflective of the general opinion in here....

We already know what Crozier brings in the forward line. Can you guys not remember him stinking it up time and time and another time again as a midfielder and forward. We finally get it right through sheer luck and desperation last year and we go back to what we know to have failed???

What the actual ****?

See my second sentence.

When peel play swan district , looking forward creepy vs suban showndown.

What the actual ****?
Clearly is it because we have backline depth but after losimg Mayne, Yarran, and now Ballas with Kersten an unknown at this point (different size I know) we have limited small/med fwd options. Crozier can play, has fwd experience and not needed in the backline. It's not ideal but its the lesser of two evils so to speak.

I'm sure if Ross had his crystal ball out Croz would have been playing forward all summer.

My guess anyway..

Tabs is going to have to get his s**t together if he's going to keep a spot on freo's list. Strnadica hadn't played a single game of AFL or League and he is already looking better then Tabs.

However Strnadica does have the advantage of being a prestigious East Freo boy.

I loved the look of Balic but doesnt work at the required tempo. If he can lift his intensity watch out AFL.

Like Mundy with his laconic nature, but without the footskills. I agree that he could be a gun weaving out of traffic and feeding our outside runners and also agree that he has 2 or 3 more gears he needs to go through, but lookout if or when this happens!

Like Mundy with his laconic nature, but without the footskills. I agree that he could be a gun weaving out of traffic and feeding our outside runners and also agree that he has 2 or 3 more gears he needs to go through, but lookout if or when this happens!
Is still good depth if that is the only gear he had , I don't mind also.

Darcy was good. Decent first game and will only get better.
Liked the look of Strnadica. Something to work with.
Not sold on Balic but concede he is coming back from injury so probably too early to call.
Crozier was good. I'd be giving him another go in the forward line to replace Ballas. Has the best kicking for goal action of anyone in the team and has shown he can exert the required forward pressure. Needs to play like he did against the Hawks at home in '14, consistently.
Logue was ok.
At the risk of p***ing off many fellow posters with my first post, Tabs is a delist at year's end. Does not have a footy brain. May take a decent mark or score a goal now and then but his confidence is shot because he doesn't know what to do with the football or where to run when he doesn't have it.

Not sold on Balic but concede he is coming back from injury so probably too early to call.
Crozier was good. I'd be giving him another go in the forward line to replace Ballas. Has the best kicking for goal action of anyone in the team and has shown he can exert the required forward pressure. Needs to play like he did against the Hawks at home in '14, consistently.
Logue was ok.
At the risk of p***ing off many fellow posters with my first post, Tabs is a delist at year's end. Does not have a footy brain. May take a decent mark or score a goal now and then but his confidence is shot because he doesn't know what to do with the football or where to run when he doesn't have it.
The consensus seems to be Croz to HB.

Crozier deserves another shot forward especially with Ballas out, if he can recapture what he was becoming in late 2014 then we have something special.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Logue was ok.

Tabs has really poor leading patterns. I know he was sick before the game as he was coughing like a smoker, but still, sometimes he would just stand and demand the ball be kicked on his head. When he did run he just didn't make good position.

If he has another 'developmental' year he might be tradeable.

I will relegated Tab to rookie list if he continue to drop mark rather than delisted him or traded him out with peanut ( 125 pick like palmer ) .

^Reply to Steinfreo's post

If this means Weller can go forward then I am all for it.
Weller and Croz are natural forwards. I watched the Carlton game and a couple of times Weller got caught deep with a taller forward and there was nothing he could do to spoil the mark.
Weller would be the closest to replicating Ballas' forward pressure.

Finally, we get a report with just a bit more information, we are not after team secrets just a bit of info on how well, or not, they are developing. Webb will most certainly provided far more enlightening comment than good old Suma going by that report.
All report apart from this

Nick Suban
Played as a high forward for the majority of the game and also on the wing. He gave a good defensive effort with four strong tackles, while getting into some good crumbing positions.

All report apart from this

Nick Suban
Played as a high forward for the majority of the game and also on the wing. He gave a good defensive effort with four strong tackles, while getting into some good crumbing positions.
Yep that sounds like Suban is in the graveyard position - high half forward!!! Next stop delist.

Or they were giving him a run there before they bring him in for Ballas...

Hey guys hearing subes had a stinker on the weekend, just wanted to here y'all option on him and where he's at , can ya put a fork in him will he play in the seniors this year? Thought he was gonna be an out right star when he first came to the club, thought he was gonna be the next captain too....
I watch games with an older gentleman it's always a great day but there are a number things that we disagree on quite strongly. Suban is at the top of the list.

He is of the opinion that Suban is going to be great for us, he just needs to find his spot. He loves his hard at it attitude and that he is first in line for a barney when someone gets aggressive with our boys. He always talks bout how he was considered for captain and that there are games where he has tuned the tide.
For my parts I see all kinds of ... meh. Disposal is average bordering on poor, poor decision making. Good long kick but usually misdirected. Ok around goals. Good movement in packs which generally results in ... not much. Which generally makes him a hummingbird in my book. Lots of energy but no progress. Lots of movement going nowhere. I hope that there is more to come from Suban but I think he will be this years M deBoer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back