India vs Australia 3rd Test: 16 to 20 March at Ranchi at 3pm (Mel/Syd)

Remove this Banner Ad

I still don't think scores under 50 is really a relevant stat. Watson kills it when it comes to that stat, and he was still a liability.
I disagree. Watto's problem wasn't getting out for under 10, it was that he'd get to 20 or 30 and then get out almost every time. This is what I came up with a while ago.
Shaun Marsh has been dismissed for 3 or less in 40% of his 30 innings. Only Siddle (16 from 83 innings) has more than Marsh's 7 ducks out of players currently in the side. I'm also fairly sure that Siddle is the only player who's been dismissed for less than 10 more often (close to 50% of the time). To put it in perspective Lyon (who's largely batted at 11) has been dismissed for less than 10 in 30% of his 60 innings including 4 ducks. I knew Marsh had a bad record of low scores, but that's diabolical.
He's improved on some of his earlier test stints, but he's still 50-50 early on most of the time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hahaha great call by the commentator. With 10 minutes to play smith can declare and it's game over.

Which is kind of bizarre. If we'd been thrashing them and let it get to a draw then I could maybe understand it as a way of 'sticking it' to Australia, but this was really India's match.

They thought the same trick would work like it did against England. It didn't cause of better batting. They probably batted too long. Should have gone for 70 lead not 150odd

I had expected us to get done 4 zip originally
I had expected us to fold when 4 down early today...

Colour me absolutely impressed with how far this team has come, 12 months ago we would have lost this game IMO
We would have lost this game 3 months ago.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back