India vs Australia 3rd Test: 16 to 20 March at Ranchi at 3pm (Mel/Syd)

Remove this Banner Ad

I asked for us to try and bat out a draw, and to avoid the usual s**t we serve up after losing a few wickets. I didn't believe we could actually do it, but we did. Awesome patience from Marsh and Handscomb. They single-handedly saved the series for us. Credit to the boys, they worked their arses off, especially after the disaster to finish the second test. Only fitting that they win the final test and take the series, they deserve it.

LOhLi is a flog

Stumps Day 4 - Australia 2/23

kohlicelebrate_bcci_647_030717043505.jpg

Stumps Day 5 - Australia 6/204

342440_78c9bd8167e1b7cb2c0cb9740de05f90.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I asked for us to try and bat out a draw, and to avoid the usual s**t we serve up after losing a few wickets. I didn't believe we could actually do it, but we did. Awesome patience from Marsh and Handscomb. They single-handedly saved the series for us. Credit to the boys, they worked their arses off, especially after the disaster to finish the second test. Only fitting that they win the final test and take the series, they deserve it.

LOhLi is a flog

I mean I could be wrong but the difference between Clarke's captaincy and Smith's shows here. It feels like with Clarke, we would hit as many runs as possible and get out quickly but it just seems different.

So far we've had two dodgy tracks, one being nigh on unplayable and then a road and we're not behind in the series.
Didn't think we had this in us and am rather proud of the boys application so far this series.

Well batted to Marsh and Handscomb today. These runs are more valuable than any ton they've made in test cricket.
Can honestly say that only Warner and MMarsh haven't really made a meaningful contribution so far this series.

Wonder what Harbhajan thinks now...
Warner and even Mitch Marsh have still made more runs than Kohli :D

This test has been a rollercoaster.

End of day 1 - Aus happy.
End of day 2 - Ind relatively happier taking 150/6 and 1 down at stumps.
End of day 3 - Aus ahead/happy
End of day 4 - India happy
End of day 5 - Australia happy

Could say it was a dead pitch but pretty absorbing cricket and both sides had the opportunity to press home their advantage at various points.

Pressure all on India now - all we need is a draw in the final test to retain the B-G Trophy.

Hoping Smith rams this home due during his press conference and ups the ante and comments that the momentum has now swung our way

Remove this Banner Ad

Back