List Mgmt. Fyfe - Signed until 2023!!

Remove this Banner Ad

glasto2010

Debutant
Feb 24, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Anyone catch On The Couch tonight? There is a snippet of footage of Fyfe saying that "this is something that I have set my sights on and im going to really embrace and going to be a part of for the next five or six years at Fremantle"

DaveLister

Premiership Player
Feb 17, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Anyone catch On The Couch tonight? There is a snippet of footage of Fyfe saying that "this is something that I have set my sights on and im going to really embrace and going to be a part of for the next five or six years at Fremantle"
yeah he's used that line a number of times, just not getting reported as it doesn't suit the narrative a get people to click links

DaveLister

Premiership Player
Feb 17, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
I just watched the Fyfe video clip shown on OTC.He definitely grimaced when he said "im looking forward to the next 5-6 yrs at the FFC" or words to that effect.
to me that's more of a reflection of how despite answering the same question over and over again he knows if he changes his answer slightly 1 time it'll be a headline like it was last year when he said he would test the waters.

Screen Name

Senior List
Sep 2, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
to me that's more of a reflection of how despite answering the same question over and over again he knows if he changes his answer slightly 1 time it'll be a headline like it was last year when he said he would test the waters.

Definetly read to me like he knew he gave away something he shouldn't have and I'm normally more of a pessimistic person. I'm far more confident of him staying now.

DanWA

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 13, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle Sharks
Good bye Fyfe

Otherwise Hello Pavlich v2

If he chooses loyalty over success and stays, that would be epic

(Log in to remove this ad.)

beetz

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 30, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Fyfe will stay. Freo can match any offer. If it's success he wants he would need to take a massive pay cut to join another team vying for a flag which is still an uncertainty.

Sure he has a brand and he is milking it for all it's worth and that's fine but there's a line. He needs to stop those ridiculous doco's. If he wants to be a winning captain he needs to start focusing on playing football and getting everyone on board.

walken79

Club Legend
Apr 20, 2006
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
L.A. Rams
I know we've only played 2 games but the way things are going we are a very real chance of winning the spoon.
If we did, we'd have pick #1 in the PSD. Not that we'd want to force a player who didn't want to be here to stay but it could make things interesting & offer us a bit of security heading into negotiations with any other club no?

youmewe

Club Legend
Dec 22, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Surely retaining Fyfe is priority no.1.

We're already considered a non-destination club. How are we going to encourage anyone to come here, or stay beyond their first contract, if we can't convince one of the two best players in the club's history to stay?

meima

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 5, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
Fyfe will stay. Freo can match any offer. If it's success he wants he would need to take a massive pay cut to join another team vying for a flag which is still an uncertainty.

Sure he has a brand and he is milking it for all it's worth and that's fine but there's a line. He needs to stop those ridiculous doco's. If he wants to be a winning captain he needs to start focusing on playing football and getting everyone on board.
And for a change cut his hair like his draft year. Him and sherriden nowadays is all about hairstyle instead of football.

Carnthedockers

Premiership Player
Aug 31, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Does anyone feel fyfe leaving may be a good thing? Imagine what we could get for him. Potentially 2/3 top tier players. A lot of top end players who leave, actually turns out good for the original club. I know draft picks aren't a guaranteed thing, but we are desperate for multiple top end players.

Sep 30, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Freo and Bulldogs, ManU
Does anyone feel fyfe leaving may be a good thing? Imagine what we could get for him. Potentially 2/3 top tier players. A lot of top end players who leave, actually turns out good for the original club. I know draft picks aren't a guaranteed thing, but we are desperate for multiple top end players.

If he announced he wanted out then yes.

At the moment that would be pick 2 as compo or a really good trade

meima

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 5, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
If ross is still here there is no point , as he don't have any said who freo should recruit Paul roos want oliver out of many shortlist candidate

Wally Walpamur

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 23, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
If he announced he wanted out then yes.

At the moment that would be pick 2 as compo or a really good trade
What's better for the club, taking pick 2 as compo (assuming we finish last) or trading with say St Kilda for two first round picks (assume they finish 8th) and we get say pick 9 and one of Hawthorn's pick this year or their 2018 first?

Sep 30, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Freo and Bulldogs, ManU
What's better for the club, taking pick 2 as compo (assuming we finish last) or trading with say St Kilda for two first round picks (assume they finish 8th) and we get say pick 9 and one of Hawthorn's pick this year or their 2018 first?

Or something like we let the trade go through, get pick 2, then trade our third for one of their firsts

Last edited:
Back