The 'Gabba (Brisbane Cricket Ground)

Remove this Banner Ad

So we've had the pathetic "ITS THE BRISBANE CRICKET GROUND HURRRRR" and the "majority rules! derp" arguments. Got anything that I couldn't find on the Courier Mail comments section?

Wonder if he feels the same about the mcg ;)

Everyone is being "over dramatic" because, through the stupidity of this grounds keeper, the first women's grand final is not being hosted in the home stadium of the club that won the right to host it. Where they played there other home games if so far irrelevant it is beyond comprehension how you can't see that. There is one stadium in Brisbane that can host the game and the AFL has contributed to the building of that stadium more than any other sport

The Brisbane AFLW getting shunted down to metricon because a greens keeper:
-valued the inaugural women's grand final as less than a slight risk the ashes test might be moved 3 metres
-is still in a position to affect the ability of professional football matches to be played

No reasonable person could find this situation acceptable
Possible the dumbest post I have read on big footy, cricket is still the major tenant. So there interest get looked after it is pretty simple stuff really. All sports need to make compromises look at the Vics playing the shield final in Alice Springs I don't see people complaining about that. Furthermore you can't call a venue your home ground if you have never even played there

So we've had the pathetic "ITS THE BRISBANE CRICKET GROUND HURRRRR" and the "majority rules! derp" arguments. Got anything that I couldn't find on the Courier Mail comments section?

I doubt it from what I've seen.

You missed the "grounds keeper willy knows what he is doing, hurrr duuurr" argument

I doubt it from what I've seen.

You missed the "grounds keeper willy knows what he is doing, hurrr duuurr" argument

Yeah, all hail the skill and expertise of the multi-purpose stadium groundskeeper who can't keep the grounds fit for multiple purposes.

Kevin for Prez!

Thats not the point

The gabba have a contract for the lions games with the afl. The notion lions games are at risk because of a slight chance of the prefered pitch not being ready in november is insane - and a massive breach of their contractual obligations to the afl

The afl should sue the gabba and the idiot groundskeeper for any costs and loss of income that come out of this.
Lol look at you declaring something a massive breach of a contract that you are not party to or have never even read. You just made my day

Possible the dumbest post I have read on big footy, cricket is still the major tenant. So there interest get looked after it is pretty simple stuff really. All sports need to make compromises look at the Vics playing the shield final in Alice Springs I don't see people complaining about that. Furthermore you can't call a venue your home ground if you have never even played there

You are in no position to call people's posts dumb, sir

How far away is november? 3 weeks???

Pitches take months to get perfect. You recon they just can get to September and say "better get the pitch ready". It takes time.

Lions won't miss any home games. The womens side has never even played at the GABBA!

Lol look at you declaring something a massive breach of a contract that you are not party to or have never even read. You just made my day

If reading stupid stuff "makes your day" you should spend the morning writing stuff and the afternoons reading it

If they cant provide a venue round two that is a breach of contract

If reading stupid stuff "makes your day" you should spend the morning writing stuff and the afternoons reading it
If you can't understand how stating that something is a massive breach of contract when you haven't actually read it thus not knowing what is stated within it is stupid it really says more about you than anyone else

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not wrong, they have never even played a game there. They have played more 'home' games in Melbourne or wherever they played.

We have previously been denied permission to play there so we shouldn't be able to play there in the future as a result? Ok dude.

Pitches take months to get perfect. You recon they just can get to September and say "better get the pitch ready". It takes time.

Lions won't miss any home games. The womens side has never even played at the GABBA!

Media in brisbane yesterday were saying its far from guaranteed the afl will be allowed to pkay there, and the gabba and dickhead mitchell were refusing to comment.

Why ate you confident?

Typical response when you have nothing to say

Possible the dumbest post I have read on big footy, cricket is still the major tenant. So there interest get looked after it is pretty simple stuff really.

*their interest*

What evidence have you that cricket is the major tenant? Are they paying more money than football is?

All sports need to make compromises look at the Vics playing the shield final in Alice Springs I don't see people complaining about that.

The Vics didn't need to play at Alice Springs. Sheffield shield at the MCG is a ridiculous anachronism

Furthermore you can't call a venue your home ground if you have never even played there

It's the only fuggin ground in Brisbane that could host the grand final for these brisbane women with the crowd they are likely to get and the dignity they deserve. It is their home stadium pure and simple.

It's the only fuggin ground in Brisbane that could host the grand final for these brisbane women with the crowd they are likely to get and the dignity they deserve. It is their home stadium pure and simple.

Yeah, not to mention they are based there, train there, their locker rooms are there, they have meetings and press conferences there.... yeah no claim to it being their home ground whatsoever.

It maybe but you can't present that as a fact when you have no idea what is in the contract. Cricket being the major tenant would have most likely written in some protections

So wait, the afl have a contract to play 11 games a year there, but the gabba can refuse any of them at its choosing without compo?

Even joffa wouldnt sign an agreement as dumb as that

Media in brisbane yesterday were saying its far from guaranteed the afl will be allowed to pkay there, and the gabba and dickhead mitchell were refusing to comment.

Why ate you confident?

I'm confident that Kevin Mitchell Jr who is a fantastic groundsman will have the ground in check by round 2. Missing this GF isn't the end of the world. The Lions are playing in the GC anyway. I choose to not believe too much written in the media 90% of it is way over the top, and it never happens.

It maybe but you can't present that as a fact when you have no idea what is in the contract. Cricket being the major tenant would have most likely written in some protections

Have you read it?

I'm confident that Kevin Mitchell Jr who is a fantastic groundsman will have the ground in check by round 2. Missing this GF isn't the end of the world. The Lions are playing in the GC anyway. I choose to not believe too much written in the media 90% of it is way over the top, and it never happens.

This is the guy who wants it banned from afl use for six weeks....

I wouldnt hold your breathe

Please provide:

1. evidence that cricket is the "major tenant"
2. evidence that cricket pays more for that right

We finally agree on something.

fantastic
fanˈtastɪk/

imaginative or fanciful; remote from reality.

synonyms: fanciful, irrational, wild, mad, absurd, far-fetched, nonsensical, unbelievable, unthinkable, implausible, improbable, unlikely, doubtful, dubious;

*their interest*

What evidence have you that cricket is the major tenant? Are they paying more money than football is?

The Vics didn't need to play at Alice Springs. Sheffield shield at the MCG is a ridiculous anachronism

The show grounds have the same capacity as Metricon and is in Brisbane they could play it there.

Cricket has always had a controlling interest in what happens at the Gabba, just like the MCG SCG Adelaide Oval and the WACA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back