2017 - Non Yeo Discussion (Formerly Non Freo Discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This would make my day. The melt would be absolutely priceless.
Mine also... however I also think it is what is right. Drugs taken were/are considered performance enhancing. The premiership should be stripped. Jobe had the Brownlow taken based on lack of evidence and poor documentation. Along with the perception that PEDS were taken. In this instance we know these things happened. Take it off them.

At the risk of coming across as an injury troll I have to say I can't stop laughing about the De Goey story.

Do Collingwood really think anyone could believe something so ludicrous sounding? for those not clued in- De Goey is out for a month with a broken hand after allegedly whacking it against a door whilst throwing a toy for his dog.
True dat, though I seem to recall everyone bought the "Fyfe trips on suitcase" excuse too!

Surely they should strip the premiership given the club knew and actively covered it up. And the drugs are classified as performance enhancing.
Good working knowledge of the WADA code you have there

Well done, you get an elephant stamp for effort

[QUOTE="Nisbett, ON YOUR BIKE SON![/QUOTE]

How this bloke has managed to keep his job for so long is astounding.

He made sure to hire ex-West sports editor as their media man which ensured positive news flow and selected articles making the print.

Time heals all wounds though. At the height of the drug saga they all took the line of not knowing about it. Then 6 months ago they admitted they did (Worsfold and Nisbett). I am sure they will be able to swat this away by a simple shrug of the shoulders now. Too much time has passed for people to care.

[QUOTE="Nisbett, ON YOUR BIKE SON!

How this bloke has managed to keep his job for so long is astounding.

He made sure to hire ex-West sports editor as their media man which ensured positive news flow and selected articles making the print.

Time heals all wounds though. At the height of the drug saga they all took the line of not knowing about it. Then 6 months ago they admitted they did (Worsfold and Nisbett). I am sure they will be able to swat this away by a simple shrug of the shoulders now. Too much time has passed for people to care.
Yup

No, I did a quick check on the Eagles board and it seems this is just another attempt by the eastern states media to put pressure on the resurgent Eagles.

Unlike the legitimate stories around a certain Dockers player's "calf injury"...
The double standards are palpable. There are certain posters who will either dismiss it as a media conspiracy/beat up, or simply avoid talking about it altogether, but pounce at the first sign of any Freo controversy *cough* kane249 *cough*

Total cowards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nisbett is the teflon man. That era should have spelt the end of his career in the AFL but instead he emerged unscathed and retained his reputation as an astute football administrator and corporate citizen.

The matey relationship between the Eagles and the WA sports media no doubt helped him.

The double standards are palpable. There are certain posters who will either dismiss it as a media conspiracy/beat up, or simply avoid talking about it altogether, but pounce at the first sign of any Freo controversy *cough* kane249 *cough*

Total cowards.
Bringing up s**t that happened over a decade ago with no real purpose is quite cowardly.
Bringing up this s**t days before season launch (and a day before a Grand Final to put us off our game by a Hawks supporting editor) is also quite cowardly!

Bringing up s**t that happened over a decade ago with no real purpose is quite cowardly.
Bringing up this s**t days before season launch (and a day before a Grand Final to put us off our game by a Hawks supporting editor) is also quite cowardly!
So now you are saying that eagles might win premiership if hawks supporting editor did not bring it up .

Not acknowledging the wrongdoing,continuing to deny responsibility and refusing to accept the harm it did as well as the compromised premiership is cowardly.It would certainly require more courage and integrity than you or your club possess to admit your error.
Releasing a report which paints your club in a terrible light doesn't have much to do with the meaning of cowardice.

Last edited:

And Freo fans are somehow responsible for that? Yeah, the media are opportunistic. What's new? Doesn't mean it doesn't deserve coverage, especially when most of those involved were never properly sanctioned.

I'm not particularly invested in this anyway, just pointing out the hypocrisy so prevalent among your clan members.

Did not mention that at all in my post. Just pointing out what being a coward really is.

In before Kram81 brings up Jack Darling.

Trying to desperately ingratiate yourself among opposition fans and then going back to your own board and rubbishing them. You'd definitely know what cowardice is eh?

Trying to desperately ingratiate yourself among opposition fans and then going back to your own board and rubbishing them. You'd definitely know what cowardice is eh?
No but I dont dare rubbish you on your own board, never really understood this point when it is brought up and used against me. Yes I am nice on this board, I do not want a ban. And if anything, I'm one of the nicer Eagles fans when it comes to freo on our board. Even my own call me a freagle.

No but I dont dare rubbish you on your own board, never really understood this point when it is brought up and used against me. Yes I am nice on this board, I do not want a ban. And if anything, I'm one of the nicer Eagles fans when it comes to freo on our board. Even my own call me a freagle.
To be fair to you , I give a benefit of doubt 10 years ago eagles players taking caffeine tablet instead of drug , when I am newbies to AfL game.

Doesn't mean you don't talk absolute shite.

Did not mention that at all in my post. Just pointing out what being a coward really is.

In before Kram81 brings up Jack Darling.
darling2a53ad313bab57a6151ec7af1c661a08_jpdarlin.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back