AFL Rising Star award

Remove this Banner Ad

Right now:
1. Jacob Weitering
2. Caleb Daniel
3. Christian Petracca
4. Callum Mills
5. Darcy Parish

I expect Petracca to be favourite by the end of the season.

Very interested that you've rated Weitering first. I feel after he injured his shoulder that he just hasn't done enough consistently. We will see if two big games will be enough if he doesn't have another stand out game.

Right now:
1. Jacob Weitering
2. Caleb Daniel
3. Christian Petracca
4. Callum Mills
5. Darcy Parish

I expect Petracca to be favourite by the end of the season.
Agree with your Petracca call.

It is the rising Star award, and whilst actual performance counts, an integral part of the award is an assessment of which player is likely to become the biggest star. That is clearly Petracca.

Very interested that you've rated Weitering first. I feel after he injured his shoulder that he just hasn't done enough consistently. We will see if two big games will be enough if he doesn't have another stand out game.

We need to remember the Rising star is a media driven award.

I don't think Parish will win as many media commentators aren't watching the one sided Essendon games and the AFL won't want an Essendon winner this year.

Mills and Daniel are both deserved favourites for consistency.

However, both Weitering and Petracca have more X-Factor (which is what the media pundits love).

The only downside is neither has played quite enough games nor enough stand out games.

That is why the next 4 rounds will be critical.

I was on Steele and Daniel before the season commenced for value.

However, I have cashed in most of my Daniel bets as I think he is unders at this stage.

Its not like its voted like the Brownlow. Only way it makes a difference is if Daniel has a big game and gets noticed more.
Yep, that's true. It does help Daniel's chances, though, I would have thought. Some selectors may pay more attention to round 23 cause they know they have to cast their votes on the award in a couple of days time.

Yep, that's true. It does help Daniel's chances, though, I would have thought. Some selectors may pay more attention to round 23 cause they know they have to cast their votes on the award in a couple of days time.

Yeah but it could also worsen Daniels chances if he has a s**t game. Im hoping he has a blinder so he wins.

Mills should definitely win it.

Can only see Daniel pinching it if they are pushing for a player his size and everything to win it to promote beating adversity.

Could also give it to him for the robbery of Bont not winning it.

Mills SHOULD win it but we'll see.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any good odds for RS at the moment? I missed Phillips when he was 251 and now he's into 26. I'm not sure who's good value now, but maybe Simpkin is worth a shot at 81?

Pickett is 81 at William Hill. I'll put 10 on each of these for the moment.

Last edited:
Does anybody know if SB will be offering cash out on the rising star again this year? I remember one poster was doing alright last year cashing out on long odds players once they'd been nominated and shortened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anybody know if SB will be offering cash out on the rising star again this year? I remember one poster was doing alright last year cashing out on long odds players once they'd been nominated and shortened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh dear. There's no cash out option for my Simpkin bet. Looks like I'm in for the long haul.

Even though there's no cash out option this year, I'll put $25 on McCluggage@41 at SportsBet.

Also, $5 on Hayward@101. Liked his style.

It seems there is now a cash out option for new bets on RS at SportsBet. I just placed a bet on Parfitt and it gave me an option to cash out.

Threw 50 on Parfitt at 81 this morning and he's into 34. Cash out of $78.61. Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh.

Got on SPS earlier tonight at $19, now i know you can cash out rising star bets im going to put some more on him

Remove this Banner Ad

Back