Welcome Cam McCarthy - Welcome to Freo!

Remove this Banner Ad

This needs a good ol bump :)

Taller than Lockett and Dunstall?

Still just a kid?

Humble and loyal?

Everything in my brain says he will be worth the wait.... and that's ova!

Good luck out there fella!

And how's this photo!

Can't knock that Vic fella for effort, but holy smokes! Apparently this mark won the West Aussie boys the game after slotting the goal?

image.jpg

"it’s definitely not a one-man team at all"

Hopefully this means they're scrapping the 'kick to to x' forward attack strategy.

However it does sound like a lot of posters are worried they might change it to the 'kick it as far into the 50 as possible' strategy, which isn't much better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is definitely the chosen one. Born on the day Freo played their first ever game. Grew up idolising players like Pav. Now plays for us and you can tell he absolutely loves it. Will be a star for us. He's home now.
Imagine how slotting the winning goal for us felt to a guy like Cam.

He's going to string it all together in the very near future and tear a team apart. He just leads so well and knows what to do. This kid has some 8 goal games in him for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was hard to know what to expect with CMac. We know he's got talent, but to be out of the top level for so long, it's almost like he's starting again which is something that I forget.

With that in mind you've got to be stoked with his start. There's lots that he can work on, but you can see he knows how to play the game. A few weeks in and I reckon we'll really see it come together even more.

The most exciting thing about Cam growing in stature is Apeness can eventually come in (or Tabs) and focus on being the second tall. Cam has so much more room to improve and each game you just see his hunger and desire grow. His confidence is lifting and that goal that got us the win may just be the moment that really gets him going.

Absolute smarts to be available for that goal too. Could've easily had a fly at it, but summed it up that there were enough flying.

If there is a pack, his best work is outside of the pack chasing the loose ball, not contesting. Does it repeatedly to great effect.

But if we play no monster tall forward or 2nd ruck, the chance that ball can give us is probably marked by the other teams gorilla sized defender.

If there is a pack, his best work is outside of the pack chasing the loose ball, not contesting. Does it repeatedly to great effect.

But if we play no monster tall forward or 2nd ruck, the chance that ball can give us is probably marked by the other teams gorilla sized defender.

I use to think that but Crozier, Mundy, Fyfe, Kersten have all crashed packs. We are unpredictable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back