Analysis Fantasy questions - AFL Fantasy, SC and DT ask here!

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi, will taranto play as a forward or inside mid or 50/50 this year?

It seems like most of you have him in the forward pocket/bench, but surely cogs being out gives him some midfield time?

Hi, will taranto play as a forward or inside mid or 50/50 this year?
It seems like most of you have him in the forward pocket/bench, but surely cogs being out gives him some midfield time?
Sorta answered this in the other thread's question about Hopper. For mine, Taranto would have started as that forward/bench player with some midfield bursts to develop him. But with a couple of outs, he probably gets more opportunity through the midfield. If he proves adept, he'll get more time in the midfield, but a 50/50 split is probably the maximum likely - as much to avoid burning him out, unless he proves an absolute star.

Matt Kennedy had a decent JLT series. With Whitfield and Coniglio out is he likely to have cemented his spot in the 22 until they're back or is he still borderline best 22?

Matt Kennedy had a decent JLT series. With Whitfield and Coniglio out is he likely to have cemented his spot in the 22 until they're back or is he still borderline best 22?
Nope, stuck his hand up, but a long way from cemented in the best 22, best 25

This Lloyd rookie that was elevated. Big unit, mature aged. Can someone take a guess as to if and how long he can play with the outs you have?

Cheers.

Bolt from the blue this guy.
Not overly likely he plays much this year, we had two spare list spots and the rules allow you to upgrade rookies for them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey guys, just wondering if Taranto will play much time on the ball? You guys have lots of guns in your midfield so it's hard to see Taranto getting much of a chance as an on-baller to start with? Is he worth a spot in the forward line?

I'd expect Taranto will be named on the bench, and he'll probably compete for game time with Hopper (if fit) and/or M. Kennedy - at least for the first few rounds.

Since we are missing both an inside and outside mid, how much time Taranto plays on ball will depend on how we rotate Williams, Smith and Green through the midfield and whether Kelly plays inside and out. If Smith or Green do more mid work, then Taranto (and M Kennedy) will spend more time forward.

Im looking on injury lists on the AFL site and Hopper isn't there has he missed preseason and that's why he wont be named round 1?
Half a NEAFL trial, but reported to be a class above while he was out there. Leon was ambiguous but the Club has said it's taking a conservative aporoach. His health the factor you'd think, and also he's too good a prospect to risk.

matt kennedy an option in RDT? I Imagine too much risk (currently also have Taranto so would be to have both of them)

As a side not to that, who would you say has the better JS of the 2 if you were only taking 1? Could Kennedy be a better option than Tarrranto (ignoring DPP status as thats not essential in the selection as with my structure unlikely to be needed in mids)

Nathan Wilson in the dog house?!?
Might have to trade him there if he doesn't shape up. Not sure anyone's quite that pissed with him just yet.
form was down late last year and he had surgery after the PF. Could be not 100 per cent or just down on form.

Tough team to break into. Seen him play a few times and had pretty good skills. Cheers for the comments

Josh Kelly...what are your thoughts on him? He is an absolute jet, third year player and I think definitely capable of taking that next step. I had Steele in my side, but I just made the change to Kelly. What do you think?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back