Channel 7 once again sparing us from women commentators

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder if SJW's will be totally happy with a female coach for their club - I bet deep down they would not like it

I don't know how it's evolved from female commentary to female coaches - although there was a female assistant coach last season

I get the feeling you don't like your turf being trodden on and that's okay. It takes a while to get past our insecurities and realise that it's not the big deal we thought it was and can't understand why there was such a fuss to start with.

As Sorted mentioned unless it's really grating and annoying for me it just becomes white noise and I barely notice it so tbh I couldn't give a toss either way. If there up for it great, give it a shot

I wonder if SJW's will be totally happy with a female coach for their club - I bet deep down they would not like it

If they were good at their job, who would care?

The problem here is you're projecting your own insecurities and issues onto other people. Not everyone has trouble seeing women in a position of power over men. Some fellows are secure enough in their own masculinity that they don't perceive women being involved in a male-driven industry as some hideous threat.

The problem here is you're projecting your own insecurities and issues onto other people. Not everyone has trouble seeing women in a position of power over men. Some fellows are secure enough in their own masculinity that they don't perceive women being involved in a male-driven industry as some hideous threat.

So you would 100% support a female head coach of your team

If she was a good coach, yes. I don't understand why anyone wouldn't?

Can you tell us how this process would occur of appointing a female head coach and are any clubs close to even trying it

Why hasn't it happened in Europe or America with top teams?

Can you tell us how this process would occur of appointing a female head coach and are any clubs close to even trying it

Why hasn't it happened in Europe or America with top teams?

I would assume it would occur with her having coached at lesser levels and working her way up, like it does for many. Not long ago there weren't coaches who hadn't played at the elite level and that's currently changing - nothing stays the same and things progress over time. You're moving goalposts now, though. If a woman was a good coach, are you saying you wouldn't want her coaching your team regardless? If so, why?

If a woman was a good coach, are you saying you wouldn't want her coaching your team regardless? If so, why?

There are certain things men and women are more natural. One of these areas is motivation and the ability to be strategical and ruthless and men are simply suited to this. Men's brains think in a way that suits high level competition

Its like going to war...there is no way I would want to fight under a female leader in serious combat situation

There are certain things men and women are more natural. One of these areas is motivation and the ability to be strategical and ruthless and men are simply suited to this. Men's brains think in a way that suits high level competition

Its like going to war...there is no way I would want to fight under a female leader in serious combat situation
What a stupid and generalised statement. Please back up this with some evidence
I'm interested in seeing it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a stupid and generalised statement. Please back up this with some evidence
I'm interested in seeing it
I love it how people who have never been in any sort of armed service, the police etc trot out those faux-military phrases.

Well we just fundamentally disagree then. I'm sorry if you've lived a life where you've never been motivated or inspired by your mother, sister, gran, wife, girlfriend or a female co-worker, friend or manager. It seems a very limited perspective.

Q: "So mate, how do you feel about winning the Grand Final?"

A: "It's good, but I feel it is tainted because the coach is a woman."

Do you believe a female will one day play men's AFL
Can you tell us when this will happen

Irrelevant comment because if it happens the fans will be happy but it will never happen unless females are good enough to play AFL men's footy

Well we just fundamentally disagree then. I'm sorry if you've lived a live where you've never been motivated or inspired by your mother, sister, gran, wife, girlfriend or a female co-worker, friend or manager. It seems a very limited perspective.

You now bring in irrelevant comments to cloud the issue. Stay on topic as there are many women who are inspirational

There are some areas that women cannot bridge the gap.
Do you want to see no genders in tennis and let only the best person win

The same pc crowd that like to appear all inclusive and lovey dovey
Ok how do you fell about eliminating all gender differences in sport and Olympic Games etc

How many women will win a gold medal or a grand tennis slam

Can SJW now tell us how men and women are equal?

Since you support women are equal let's eliminate all gender differences

You now bring in irrelevant comments to cloud the issue. Stay on topic as there are many women who are inspirational

There are some areas that women cannot bridge the gap.
Do you want to see no genders in tennis and let only the best person win

If I were to stay on-topic I'd be talking about female commentators - you were the one that introduced coaching and politics into the thread. And you were the one who said men are more naturally motivational than women, which I think is untrue. As for irrelevant comments: no, women should not compete in physical sports against men because there is a physical imbalance. They should and could, however, coach and commentate if they are talented enough to do so because there is no mental element that men have over women in that respect, in my opinion.

Do you believe a female will one day play men's AFL
Can you tell us when this will happen

Irrelevant comment because if it happens the fans will be happy but it will never happen unless females are good enough to play AFL men's footy
So you are not worried whether or not your club's head coach is a woman You just don't think it will happen?

It's science dopey....men's bodies and minds think differently

Do you wear a dress?
So where's your evidence to back it up with?

Do I wear a dress all the time? Sometimes I don't sometimes I wear pants or a skirt or shorts
I don't understand this question

If I were to stay on-topic I'd be talking about female commentators - you were the one that introduced coaching and politics into the thread. And you were the one who said men are more naturally motivational than women, which I think is untrue. As for irrelevant comments: no, women should not compete in physical sports against men because there is a physical imbalance. They should and could, however, coach and commentate if they are talented enough to do so because there is no mental element that men have over women in that respect, in my opinion.

Basically you want it your way to suit your opinions.

Maybe I should call you sexist and misogynist for daring to say there is a physical imbalance between men and women.
The same chemicals which cause physical differences also affect emotions and mental attitudes this is common sense and basic biology.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back