Channel 7 once again sparing us from women commentators

Killer Kowalski

Team Captain
Mar 25, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
So where's your evidence to back it up with?

Do I wear a dress all the time? Sometimes I don't sometimes I wear pants or a skirt or shorts
I don't understand this question

Do you think Serena Williams has any chance against Roger Federer....there are big chemical differences between men and women that affect physical, Mental and emotional states....it's biology

bigfarter

Club Legend
Aug 15, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
Basically you want it your way to suit your opinions.

Maybe I should call you sexist and misogynist for daring to say there is a physical imbalance between men and women.
The same chemicals which cause physical differences also affect emotions and mental attitudes this is common sense and basic biology.

You're projecting again. Nobody here has called you sexist or misogynist -- people are quite calmly debating with you. You're the one throwing around terms like SJW and whatnot, clearly bringing in pre-conceived biases and baggage into the debate. Obviously men and women are biologically different. Nobody's disputing that. Nobody's saying men and women should compete physically. I am merely contending that women's biologically different brains and bodies aren't so fundamentally different that they can't coach footballers or commentate on footy games. You're basically saying no woman can be as inspiring or analytical as Basil Zempilas or Mark Harvey, which I would say is false.

hawkgal02

Team Captain
Jun 21, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Do you think Serena Williams has any chance against Roger Federer....there are big chemical differences between men and women that affect physical, Mental and emotional states....it's biology
I don't know has it ever been tried? Serena is an athlete like no other and I have not doubt she would take it up to him. But this isn't what we are talking about. Again this is a woman in the commentary box, I'm missing the part where her physical fitness or ability or mental/emotional state is relevant...
If you're talking about women competing in sport together with men that is something that will never happen.
Again you're not backing this up with any evidence, you're just pulling this info out of your arse hoping it will sound somewhat logical.

Killer Kowalski

Team Captain
Mar 25, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Of course there are useless male commentators and I don't have an issue if a decent female was used that earned her position and even as a coach.

I am addressing the over the top radical feminist agenda of trying to say there is no differences between men and women....which is baloney
The same agenda wants to indoctrinate everyone but ignores the fact that there will always be differences between men and women and both sexes have their strengths and weaknesses

Killer Kowalski

Team Captain
Mar 25, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
If you're talking about women competing in sport together with men that is something that will never happen.

So it's ok for you to say women will NEVER be able to compete with men in certain areas but I can't say the same thing....that is the reason why I hate the radical feminist agenda it's full of hypocrisy

Why hasn't a female coached top sports in America or Europe?

hawkgal02

Team Captain
Jun 21, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Of course there are useless male commentators and I don't have an issue if a decent female was used that earned her position and even as a coach.

I am addressing the over the top radical feminist agenda of trying to say there is no differences between men and women....which is baloney
The same agenda wants to indoctrinate everyone but ignores the fact that there will always be differences between men and women and both sexes have their strengths and weaknesses
I don't think you understand basic feminism.
The idea of feminism is to be equal to men not to be men. No one doesn't understand the difference between men and women. I don't want to treated as a man I want to be treated as a woman. I understand that I have limits in that there are things I can't do that men can and i'm ok with that. But commentating football isn't one of those things. If I know just as much about the game and speak just as well as the men can, should I not be judged on my abilities not how I look or that i'm a woman?

hawkgal02

Team Captain
Jun 21, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
So it's ok for you to say women will NEVER be able to compete with men in certain areas but I can't say the same thing....that is the reason why I hate the radical feminist agenda it's full of hypocrisy

Why hasn't a female coached top sports in America or Europe?
It's not that they will never will be able to, it's that physically men and women are different. In a contact sport such as footy I don't personally want it to happen but if a woman feels comfortable enough to go against the men go for it! I don't believe it will happen because there will be outrage when a woman gets knocked out by a man and rightly so. It may also connect itself to a difficulty in understanding violence against women(if i can tackle or bum a girl on the footy field why can't I in normal life, even just jokingly) and then it's just too messy. Non contact e.g. tennis, volleyball, horsing racing etc. I have no problem with.

Last edited:
Happy for the ladies to take over the commentary box for a week just to see what happens.

Point missed again
Doesn't have to be the whole box. Maybe similar to a box of roses chocolates - a little bit of everything

Ron The Bear

Up yer arse, AFL
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Point missed again
Doesn't have to be the whole box. Maybe similar to a box of roses chocolates - a little bit of everything

Think they'd do better in an all-female environment. Not sure there'd be much rapport with the likes of Carey when it comes to describing the game, I expect her observations would be more or less brushed off. But let it happen anyway - bring on the best female caller if she's better than Basil or Hame.

Think they'd do better in an all-female environment. Not sure there'd be much rapport with the likes of Carey when it comes to describing the game, I expect her observations would be more or less brushed off. But let it happen anyway - bring on the best female caller if she's better than Basil or Hame.

Kind of defeats the purpose and the barriers that are trying to be broken down.

As I've said numerous times throughout this thread, I don't think it's the big deal that some women, external to the afl family, are making it to be, but I also don't think it's the big deal that some guys in this thread are making it either. If a person can do the job then they should be given the opportunity to do so - nothing should be this hard.

It was tried a few years back with Kelli Underwood and because it was an abject failure they seem loathe to try and do it again. I seriously think that what they didn't realise is that it wasn't a failure because she wasn't knowledgeable or a woman but because she has one of the worst voices I've heard in a long time

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Being aboriginal I understand all that but times are a changing and I would of thought that over the last 10 years in particular there would of been some who would of been more than capable even if only as special comments initially.

I do know that like you say shyness is a factor as is the shame factor. I'm also aware that those who could probably make a career of it ie. Edwards, Burgoyne etc are more than likely to do mentoring roles so as to give back to community and make a difference.

I get the feeling that most of the ex players that get into commentary do so because they don't have that many other options after footy.

Ron The Bear

Up yer arse, AFL
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Kind of defeats the purpose and the barriers that are trying to be broken down.

I don't really see it as a barrier that needs to be "broken". There was a lot of talk about Hilary Clinton and glass ceilings, but the people didn't want her. Thatcher got voted in back in the 1970's; if a female caller's talent demands that she gets a gig, I'm sure she'll get it.

Nov 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LIVFC
I wonder if SJW's will be totally happy with a female coach for their club - I bet deep down they would not like it

Bec Goddard did alright especially considering a third of her squad was in Darwin while there rest were in Adelaide - plenty of male coaches would not have got that to work

There are certain things men and women are more natural. One of these areas is motivation and the ability to be strategical and ruthless and men are simply suited to this. Men's brains think in a way that suits high level competition

Its like going to war...there is no way I would want to fight under a female leader in serious combat situation

I doubt you'd be any good under any leader in a battle

Do you believe a female will one day play men's AFL
Can you tell us when this will happen

Irrelevant comment because if it happens the fans will be happy but it will never happen unless females are good enough to play AFL men's footy

you're making ridiculous strawman arguments - The men who play AFL footy are at the upper echelon of elite male athletes - there are literally millions of other men who would not be able to play because they physically could not compete - The fact that a women will likely never play men's AFL due to their physical limitations is not an argument to keep them out of coaching or commentating

The same agenda wants to indoctrinate

lol!

You're the one that has made this about abilities on the field.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Killer Kowalski

Team Captain
Mar 25, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I doubt you'd be any good under any leader in a battle
IMG_0541.JPG

ArmChairXpert

Draftee
Apr 15, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I'm watching AFL Game Day and to me Daisy Pearce seems like a token female on that panel. She's obviously a good AFLW player who they're trying to groom for the media, but she seems out of her element.

Back