Shaun Marsh

Remove this Banner Ad

He averages at least 1 good score in games where he's fit. Therefore he is consistent. Is that too incomprehensible for your little mind?
Haha so every bad score he makes means he was injured? You've lost your marbles. I would hardly call 2 50's, 1 score of 16 and 5 scores below 10 consistent. I'm done with this conversation, if you can't see that he's a dud then good luck to you.

Haha so every bad score he makes means he was injured? You've lost your marbles. I would hardly call 2 50's, 1 score of 16 and 5 scores below 10 consistent. I'm done with this conversation, if you can't see that he's a dud then good luck to you.
At least stupid isn't contagious. I might catch it after this conversation.

Jesus, all this defending of a bloke who's gonna end up with a Test average of 36.

What is it about the Marsh boys?
All this vitriol about a guy who's had a solid test career. What is it about them?

Travis Head missed out.
Me on Head about a week ago:
He's been on the scene for about 5 years now, never averaged more than 38 in a season, is prone to getting out in dumb ways a la old mate Davey Warner and has of course just got out for **** all twice with a final birth on the line, despite being captain of the side...

Obviously he's capable of some devastating cricket when on, but 'average' isn't that far off if we're being honest.
Try again.

Selection of the Marsh brothers potentially cost us this series.
Shaun Marsh and Peter Handscomb kept this series alive in the third test.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So am I to understand he was injured in Pune, injured in the 2nd innings in Bangalore, injured in the first innings in Ranchi and injured in Dharamsala? Is that how it works?
He was injured in Pune and Dharamsala. He made runs in the other two tests. It's not that hard to comprehend
Yeah it's ridiculous. Eth is seriously reaching if he's using injury as the excuse for Marsh being s**t.
Nah. A bloke who makes a score of 50 or more on average every second test is hardly s**t. You're just too stupid to realize that.

He was injured in Pune and Dharamsala. He made runs in the other two tests. It's not that hard to comprehend

Nah. A bloke who makes a score of 50 or more on average every second test is hardly s**t. You're just too stupid to realize that.
You're the one defending Shaun Marsh but I'm stupid? A 50 every second score is good but it's not when you get bundled out for nothing in the other innings. He's not consistent, you're the stupid one if you think he is.

This is actually lolworthy. He's a 34 year old who's injury prone as * and he's been garbage this series bar 2 knocks. It's not consistent, he wasn't injured for both innings in the first test or both innings in the last test, he's just s**t.

Again we will never know because they didn't give Uzzie a game. But they gave Marsh 4 games for a total of 150 runs and an average of 19.
Of those 4 games though, they contained 2 crucial innings. Given Khawaja's typically been pretty shocking against spin, it was a selection that had serious merit.

You're the one defending Shaun Marsh but I'm stupid? A 50 every second score is good but it's not when you get bundled out for nothing in the other innings. He's not consistent, you're the stupid one if you think he is.
A bloke who can get a 50+ score every other test is a good player. Not elite, not s**t, but good. Can you get that through your tiny brain?
Mitch Marsh and Mitchell Starc were injured and only played the first two tests. Why did Shaun Marsh play all 4?
Because he was fit for the middle two. Comprende?

I'll be honest and say that I've never been a Marsh fan, but his recall to the side for this tour was warranted not just for his previous sub-continental form, but because he actually deserved it based on his last stint in the Test team. Granted, he had done nothing to deserve that last stint, but he (finally) grabbed hold of his opportunity with both hands.

However, any way you slice it, this tour has been disappointing to say the least. A match-saving 50 in the last test doesn't completely wipe out the failures in the majority of his innings in India. The below post is brilliant and conpletely unarguable:

16, 0, 66, 9, 2, 53, 4, 1. 151 runs @ 18.9.

Passed 50 twice in 8 innings, exactly a quarter of the time. Failed to crack double digits 5 times, more than half the time.

Scored fewer runs than Warner, Renshaw, Smith, Wade and Handscomb, and is currently level with Maxwell who is not out in his 4th innings. Did outperform his brother, though, so can go home with Steve Waugh rights.

Can we consider this experiment over? I fully expect that when the XI for the first Ashes test is named he will not be in it.

Perhaps I am being too harsh and the two good innings he played will keep around another 5 years.

There will be a scapegoat in every series loss and despite a fair few of the batters having a tour they'd rather forget, the fairest option is for the 34 year old who has never moved beyond "inconsistent but with potential" to be the one given the chop.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back