Player Watch Pick #18 (2016) - Sam Powell-Pepper

Remove this Banner Ad

What rubbish "panic handball" the man arrived almost simultaneously with ball. Great job to get it away or it was holding ball and he had thought to direct it forward.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
What relation are you to Sam?

From your posting history, I assume you must have some sort of relationship with him.

Sam Powell-Pepper is about to speak with media #pafclive

SPP: Leading up to the game, hearing who I was going to be up against was nerve wracking. I just tried my hardest #pafclive

SPP: I feel like I belong out there. I feel good running alongside them, especially for Boaky's 200th #pafclive

SPP: I played my role, and did what the coach told me. #pafclive

SPP: Since juniors I've always put my head over the ball, looked for the bump, or the tackle, to try and get the team up and about #pafclive

SPP: Since day one, all of the new draftees have just put our heads down, worked hard, and earned the respect of our teammates #pafclive

SPP: I remember looking at how Ollie played and idolising him - now to play with him is amazing. #Pafclive

SPP: Being nominated (for rising star) was surreal. #pafclive

(from PAFC Twitter)

3f7b81b96babd738703be8123bc37861.jpg

It's great that so many clubs overlooked him but lets not forget he was our second pick.

I think we knew we were rolling the dice on that one, and hoping that a QLD club would be squirrely about getting a WA player. That frequently turns out badly for them.

Sam Powell-Pepper is about to speak with media #pafclive

SPP: Leading up to the game, hearing who I was going to be up against was nerve wracking. I just tried my hardest #pafclive

SPP: I feel like I belong out there. I feel good running alongside them, especially for Boaky's 200th #pafclive

SPP: I played my role, and did what the coach told me. #pafclive

SPP: Since juniors I've always put my head over the ball, looked for the bump, or the tackle, to try and get the team up and about #pafclive

SPP: Since day one, all of the new draftees have just put our heads down, worked hard, and earned the respect of our teammates #pafclive

SPP: I remember looking at how Ollie played and idolising him - now to play with him is amazing. #Pafclive

SPP: Being nominated (for rising star) was surreal. #pafclive

(from PAFC Twitter)

giphy.gif

He reckons his 16 year old brother is bigger than him and reckons he should play rugby. From his 5aa interview "mate he's pretty big for his age. He's a solid bloke, I think he, I've always asked him if he wanted to do rugby, I thought he could do that I reckon. I know in the back yard he used to challenge me a bit." Hope our WA recruiters keep an eye on his brother just in case...

Last edited:

"I've become really close with all the Port boys...I feel good running by their side, and looking out for each other...especially for Boaky's 200th, I just felt like I had to give everything for him."

He's not going anywhere.

He reckons his 16 year old brother is bigger than him and reckons he should play rugby. From his 5aa interview "mate he's pretty big for his age. He's a solid bloke, I think he, I've always asked him if he wanted to do rugby, I thought he could do that I reckon. I know in the back yard he used to challenge me a bit." Hope our WA recruiters keep an eye on his brother just in case...

Ok can we pick him up as a Cat B?

Just noticed Snoop Dogs write up in last years BF phantom draft. He knew.
Shaker it is as offical nickname.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok can we pick him up as a Cat B?

Just noticed Snoop Dogs write up in last years BF phantom draft. He knew.
Shaker it is as offical nickname.
Why have you assumed he doesn't play aussie rules? If he does, no Cat B 3 years unregistered exception,

"I've become really close with all the Port boys...I feel good running by their side, and looking out for each other...especially for Boaky's 200th, I just felt like I had to give everything for him."

He's not going anywhere.
Is anyone still questioning the value of a strong club culture and "making our community proud"?

Was watching on the weekend and I've become a fan of Peppa-Pig too. Saw Sydney player with ball, saw SPP come absolutely bolting at Sydney player like a bat out of hell from left of screen and a lot of players would just run through the opposition player but he effectively halted as he arrived after the player kicked the ball. Seems a decent and fair footballer.

Was watching on the weekend and I've become a fan of Peppa-Pig too. Saw Sydney player with ball, saw SPP come absolutely bolting at Sydney player like a bat out of hell from left of screen and a lot of players would just run through the opposition player but he effectively halted as he arrived after the player kicked the ball. Seems a decent and fair footballer.
I lol'd at Peppa-Pig.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back