Society/Culture Feminism - 2017 Thread - Pt II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Idiots. Although I've heard bosses do the opposite and say men do nothing of value etc. Just shut up either way. Not impressing anyone anyway and people just want to go about their lives without a bullshit tokenist ceremony.

Ceremony is a part of how we mark important times in our lives. How we show we are part of each other's lives.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Melbourne Hawks, NY Rangers
And welcome NT to 2017. :thumbsu:Fantastic to see abortion decriminalised, and women in NT have access to control their own bodies.

Even though the bigots tried every scare campaign and pathetic story to try to sway logical, rational people.. they failed.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-03-21/nt-abortion-debate-hears-from-all-sides-of-parliament/8374464

There are bigots and scare campaigns on both sides of that argument.

I find the 'control over own bodies' argument to be a fake one. It's not like people are allowed to do whatever they want with their own bodies in every other situation, let alone when other lives are concerned, such as in abortion. And yet apparently people are indignant as though this is a unique situation where the government gets involved.

There are bigots and scare campaigns on both sides of that argument.

I find the 'control over own bodies' argument to be a fake one. It's not like people are allowed to do whatever they want with their own bodies in every other situation, let alone when other lives are concerned, such as in abortion. And yet apparently people are indignant as though this is a unique situation where the government gets involved.

Nah. Its a real argument.
Unless one is in favour of forced pregnancies, of course.

skilts

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Feb 14, 2002
South-West Gippsland
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lexton, Northcote Park
Men and women are different and will always be different. The only 'gender roles' that matter are mother and father and I can't see that changing in a hurry.
Personally, I find it more productive to contemplate the similarities I have with 'the other', no matter their sex.

I agree if it has value, is important to someones life and there is buy in.

Just having a concept fostered on people where someone just craps on needlessly detracts from real value.
And the concept you're upset about at the moment is... ?

Lets get a list of those things people are not allowed to control about their own bodies.

Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Melbourne Hawks, NY Rangers
How are these things equivalent to abortion, apart from all being "things you are not allowed to do with your body"?

They're just examples of areas where your own personal use is regulated, which was my point against the protesting against government interference, because it happens all the time.

WCE1987

All Australian
Sep 3, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Black Ducks, Scorchers, Rams
They're just examples of areas where your own personal use is regulated, which was my point against the protesting against government interference, because it happens all the time.
There is an interesting look at abortion in freakonomics and its economic and social impact.

kwikfix

Club Legend
Jul 11, 2016
In your head
AFL Club
Fremantle
Feminists and Progressives have no problem with the ideology of Islam as long as it doesn’t negatively affect their lives in any real way. The increase in rape and other violent crimes is ignored as long as it is happening in someone else’s country, city or suburb. When it arrives in the area they live however they tend to pack up and flee.
http://www.breitbart.com/london/201...sts-flee-suburbs-due-islamic-fundamentalists/

Kynge of Begrem

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 13, 2011
on bail at the time
AFL Club
Collingwood

pugsville

Club Legend
Nov 28, 2001
leningrad
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
collingwood
Feminists and Progressives have no problem with the ideology of Islam as long as it doesn’t negatively affect their lives in any real way. The increase in rape and other violent crimes is ignored as long as it is happening in someone else’s country, city or suburb. When it arrives in the area they live however they tend to pack up and flee.
http://www.breitbart.com/london/201...sts-flee-suburbs-due-islamic-fundamentalists/

breitbart has no credibility whatsoever. you got any actual evidence that this story is even vaguely true?

or do you stand by breitbart as a reasonable source o information?

kwikfix

Club Legend
Jul 11, 2016
In your head
AFL Club
Fremantle
breitbart has no credibility whatsoever. you got any actual evidence that this story is even vaguely true?

or do you stand by breitbart as a reasonable source o information?

I trust breitbart more than I trust you grasshopper, I've seen the crap you spew all over "Israel, Palestine, and everything related"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back