Drummond

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 13, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Red Wings
How good is this guy? Sure opposition fans love to hate him, but he is a class act.

All-Australian last year, and continued with the form early in 2017. Saw first hand last week how hard he works and it made me appreciate him all the more. Kicked 5 today, but it's the way he always finds the right position, always ready to crumb, strong overhead and elusive on the ground. Such an important member of the Giants and for me, a joy to watch.

Where does he rank in terms of small forwards in the competition?

Bald

Premium Gold
Apr 5, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
He's good at spitting on blokes and beating up bouncers with a crutch too.

But seriously he's a great player. I'd have him top 10, not sure I'd have him top 5 though.

Infra Ted

Cancelled
A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life
Jan 28, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
How good is this guy? Sure opposition fans love to hate him, but he is a class act.

All-Australian last year, and continued with the form early in 2017. Saw first hand last week how hard he works and it made me appreciate him all the more. Kicked 5 today, but it's the way he always finds the right position, always ready to crumb, strong overhead and elusive on the ground. Such an important member of the Giants and for me, a joy to watch.

Where does he rank in terms of small forwards in the competition?
I'd probably have him second behind Eddie.

Established1870

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 28, 2016
Tigris River
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Off the top of my head are small forwards who are better than Greene (IMO):

Eddie
Chad
Cyril
Walters
Stringer

Fantasia and Gresham are catching up quickly as well. As the Doggies poster before said, I'd have him top 10 but not top 2/3 or even top 5.

Bald

Premium Gold
Apr 5, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Off the top of my head are small forwards who are better than Greene (IMO):

Eddie
Chad
Cyril
Walters
Stringer

Fantasia and Gresham are catching up quickly as well. As the Doggies poster before said, I'd have him top 10 but not top 2/3 or even top 5.

I wouldn't call Stringer a small forward. He's 8cms shy of 200cm haha.

My list is:

Eddie
Wingard
Cyril
Puopolo
Walters
LeCras
Dahlhaus (admittedly plays more midfield now)
Greene
Motlop
Elliot (when fit)

Bald

Premium Gold
Apr 5, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Forget Breust or don't rate him?
Nah didn't forget him, I just think of him as more a mid-size, in the same conversation as Tory Dickson from the dogs for example, and Stringer. I know he's 184cms but he almost plays like a mid-size. I suppose LeCras (who made my list) probably qualifies there as well.

Bald

Premium Gold
Apr 5, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Fantasia is top 5.
He's definitely on the way, if he keeps playing the way he has he'll be definitely up there, but 29 goals last year and his efforts to date thus far this year can't put him ahead of Cyril, Puopolo, Eddie, Walters or Wingard IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dec 2, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
He's definitely on the way, if he keeps playing the way he has he'll be definitely up there, but 29 goals last year and his efforts to date thus far this year can't put him ahead of Cyril, Puopolo, Eddie, Walters or Wingard IMO.

Puopolo is terrible now the others all good but Raz is coming for em, His speed is close to unparalleled in the forward line.

Bald

Premium Gold
Apr 5, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Puopolo is terrible now the others all good but Raz is coming for em, His speed is close to unparalleled in the forward line.
Eh, I dunno about terrible, he had his highest contribution last year as far as goalscoring is concerned, and has started the year already and kicking 5 goals in 2 games for a small forward is quite good I would have thought, gives you an average of 55 for the year!

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
I wouldn't call Stringer a small forward. He's 8cms shy of 200cm haha.

My list is:

Eddie
Wingard
Cyril
Puopolo
Walters
LeCras
Dahlhaus (admittedly plays more midfield now)
Greene
Motlop
Elliot (when fit)

Lecras doesn't get a kick against good sides away from WA and Josh Greene ok nvm I just wrote up a rant on why the * is Josh Green in your top 10 but you meant Toby, carry on.

Bald

Premium Gold
Apr 5, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Lecras doesn't get a kick against good sides away from WA and Josh Greene ok nvm I just wrote up a rant on why the **** is Josh Green in your top 10 but you meant Toby, carry on.
I hate stats as much as the next guy but LeCras has kicked 3 goals less away from WA than in WA.

snitzel

Cancelled
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
GWS
He's good at spitting on blokes and beating up bouncers with a crutch too.

But seriously he's a great player. I'd have him top 10, not sure I'd have him top 5 though.
If you have seen the footage you will know he drops his crutch on the ground when the bouncer wont stop physically touching him.

Why you have to make s**t up? Its only a football forum.... why lie.

He was pretty s**t last week to be fair. Kicked 5 today against a soulless, heartless rabble.
He is a pretty good player for a s**t bloke

Sent from my SM-P555 using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back