Jeba

Club Legend
Mar 30, 2002
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Rangers/Cowboys/Stars/Mavs
Just ducked into EB it's only and pre order online code to download which is ridiculous

What were they charging for the code, wouldn't surprise me if it was $99,lol

Matty V "here's Todd Frazier now, head to head against nova 1 for 5, he's taken him deep once" just love this kind of commentary, should have been done years ago. It maybe just because there's 2 new voices in the booth but the commentary just seems more appropriate for the situation,if that makes sense.

Only played one full game and messed around in a few others last night,really noticed the different body shapes and faces look so much better, hitting is fantastic,hits down the line getting to the wall at speed, in the past they would be fielded before getting to the wall and unless they were a speedster would never get dbls, got a dbl with a 43sped rated guy.default sliders.

can't wait to get home and get a few more games in.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Are you guys downloading in rest mode? It's quicker that way I hear. You need to change some PS4 settings, though.

What you need to change is in Settings > Power Save Settings. The two options in "Set Time Until PS4 turns off" should both be "Do not turn off".

In "Set Features Available in Rest Mode". 'Stay Connected to the Internet' should be ticked.

I have seen improvements in download speeds between rest mode and just sitting on the PS4 interface watching the progress bar.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dhoni Dakurri

Cancelled
Oct 18, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Woohoo finally got it!

After playing a few hours, its a very, very nice game. Awesome graphics. Ball physics are good. Bloopers can drop for a base hit which never happened last year. The fielding is smoother. Commentary seems a little better. But, if Im brutally honest, last year's game was also an awesome game. There's nothing that hugely massively new this year cos it was such a strong foundation to begin with. They look almost identical. It feels like I'm still playing last year's game. Thinking about it, the things I have looked forward to most about this year's game is the quick manage mode and the new rosters. Hardly ground breaking new additions. Still, its probably one of the best if not the best sports game out there. For a baseball nut its a must. For a casual baseball fan, you'll still get a great and near identical experience playing last years. For someone wanting to pick up a baseball game for the first time in a while - this will blow you away.

Apparently the servers are down and everyone is cracking a massive sad about it. Im not really into DD so doesnt effect me personally.

Dhoni Dakurri

Cancelled
Oct 18, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Road to the Show is more immersive but not without flaws. I got drafted in the 1st round by the cardinals as a third baseman. Playing AA on all-star difficulty and its been a tough grind but rewarding. Just got to the all star break averaging .250 and made the all star roster on the bench and K'd in my only at bat.

Manager asked me to play left field - said I didnt mind. Played there for 10 games then back to 3b. Boss cracked it at me for getting caught stealing. Truth was Ive been screwing up the base running controls - they are difficult and the cameras dont make it easy. I wish there was an option to use the default fielding and running cameras from the main game cos the rtts cameras are horrible.

Stayed clear of even thinking about stealing bases, but the boss pulled me in his office and spat it again at me for the same reason and benched me. So for about 25 games I played pinch hitter, but weirdly I was being put into the game at the bottom of the 1st so essentially playing the whole game anyway.

Franchise wise - quick manage is frikkin amazing. So easy to use. Best thing about this game IMO. My dodgers are a game behind the giants towards the end of May. Utley and Gonzalez are sucking bad and Kershaw is out for a few starts. Dont know whether to drop Utley back to the minors or just designate him for assignment. His attributes are decaying away like cardboard in the rain.

Edit: just got called up from AA to the MLB averaging a touch over .250. Surely a bug. Was enjoying the grind in the minors. This might have ruined it for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2010
at the track
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Cleveland Browns
Road to the Show is more immersive but not without flaws. I got drafted in the 1st round by the cardinals as a third baseman. Playing AA on all-star difficulty and its been a tough grind but rewarding. Just got to the all star break averaging .250 and made the all star roster on the bench and K'd in my only at bat.

Manager asked me to play left field - said I didnt mind. Played there for 10 games then back to 3b. Boss cracked it at me for getting caught stealing. Truth was Ive been screwing up the base running controls - they are difficult and the cameras dont make it easy. I wish there was an option to use the default fielding and running cameras from the main game cos the rtts cameras are horrible.

Stayed clear of even thinking about stealing bases, but the boss pulled me in his office and spat it again at me for the same reason and benched me. So for about 25 games I played pinch hitter, but weirdly I was being put into the game at the bottom of the 1st so essentially playing the whole game anyway.

Franchise wise - quick manage is frikkin amazing. So easy to use. Best thing about this game IMO. My dodgers are a game behind the giants towards the end of May. Utley and Gonzalez are sucking bad and Kershaw is out for a few starts. Dont know whether to drop Utley back to the minors or just designate him for assignment. His attributes are decaying away like cardboard in the rain.

Edit: just got called up from AA to the MLB averaging a touch over .250. Surely a bug. Was enjoying the grind in the minors. This might have ruined it for me.

i just kept mine on beginner! banged about 71 home runs in about 75 games! still playing AA cant even get a call up

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Just letting you guys know the OSFM (full major and minor league) volume 1 roster is up. The username to search for in the vault is: Ridindwnkingsley.

Think it took a full month to get uploaded for last years game, so this is really really quick. Although I don't have the game I can confirm that Tim Tebow is now a playable character. :D

Dhoni Dakurri

Cancelled
Oct 18, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Bought this yesterday, was still downloading late in to the night.

What game mode does everyone recommend? I've never played RTTS - does it take ages to get to the majors? I normally prefer being able to play the whole team but I'm open to trying it this season.

Personally Ive found RTTS to be a little unrealistic and unpolished. I get bored dropping the difficulty and smashing homers all day long so I played it on All Star difficulty and was having fun slowly building my average and ratings until I got called up from AA to MLB averaging only .250 in my first season. Ruined the whole experience. When I got to the majors I couldnt hit the ball off the diamond.

Almost exclusively playing franchise cos I enjoy the managerial aspect. I play nearly every game in quick manage mode except for the odd game here and there, or Ill drop into tight situations in late innings. Having a couple of concerns with the mode. My mlb team (Dodgers) are killing it because they have been able to keep an injury free 25 man roster. I thought it was weird that Id had no injuries, so I turned the injury slider up one notch. Next game, Guitierrez is injured out for 6 months and Kershaw out for a month. Back to the default setting, still having very few injuries, none major, and Im continuing to dominate. I simmed a new franchise to test the sliders and it does seem like the setting is very touchy.

Playing online is fun. Especially pitching. You dont just follow your catcher's calls you actually have to think about what and where you are going to pitch, and double guess your opponent. Its really fun and strategical.

Armchair Critic

Cancelled
Feb 8, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney
Just letting you guys know the OSFM (full major and minor league) volume 1 roster is up. The username to search for in the vault is: Ridindwnkingsley.

Think it took a full month to get uploaded for last years game, so this is really really quick. Although I don't have the game I can confirm that Tim Tebow is now a playable character. :D

Tims first Minor league at bat was a Homer. He is on the mets minor league roster in the full minors I believe

Dhoni Dakurri

Cancelled
Oct 18, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Tims first Minor league at bat was a Homer. He is on the mets minor league roster in the full minors I believe

IMG_1666.JPG

Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Ended up starting with RTTS.

Made an outfielder with similar traits to Cespedes. Got drafted to the Angels and am now playing with their minor affiliate. Averaging about .430 after 4 series.

Only thing I absolutely hate is the fielding camera. You know the ball is coming to you but the camera switches around if it's going past you - I still haven't got used to that yet.

MadTigerFan

Premiership Player
Aug 17, 2010
Vic
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Astros, Spurs, 49ers, Liverpool
Do all you guys play the easy way of hitting by just pressing the buttons?

I love the all analog for pitching and hitting, feels somewhat realistic to me and more challenging than simply hitting a button at the right time.

MadTigerFan

Premiership Player
Aug 17, 2010
Vic
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Astros, Spurs, 49ers, Liverpool
I transferred my beast SF Giants LF from 16 and 17 and haven't missed a beat, probably going better.

Started a new career with a 3B last night and struggling to even hit the ball in the first part when being thrown soft toss before the draft LMAO, it's good though tbh.

Armchair Critic

Cancelled
Feb 8, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney
Tossing up who I am going to use for my Franchise. I think either Twins, Marlins or Padres are my top 3 choices. I might wait for the hybrid roster to come out though

Dhoni Dakurri

Cancelled
Oct 18, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Division title race was neck and neck between us and the Giants until this happened in the last week of the regular season

IMG_1730.JPG

Dhoni Dakurri

Cancelled
Oct 18, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
So got through to the world series against the red sox after going 7 games with the giants in the NLCS. That was after beating st louis in the wild card game then the cubs in 5 games for the NLDS without Jansen who is out for 6 months. Trading in Ryan Schimpf from the Padres and releasing Utley has been the master stroke.

I actually get more enjoyment managing games than playing them. Managing and watching a post season game is intense. In game 7 against the giants I used Kershaw in relief to pull us out of a jam in the 5th.

Dhoni Dakurri

Cancelled
Oct 18, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
I just got promoted straight from AAA to the starting roster for LAA in RTTS. Started well but a lot harder than the AAA games obviously haha.

Nice.

In mine I played half a season at AA with the chi sox before being put up to AAA batting .330. Started off well then got traded to the Brewers. Now Im struggling - cant get my average over .245 coming to the end of my first season.

Back