No Oppo Supporters The Melt Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know when Lyon says "play the kids" we're in for a long year.

I don't know why Sheridan and Collins are not in this side.

Why is Weller a defender and Blakely given a role that = don't touch the ball.
Sheriden is a spud like sutty or suban . hopefully he play vs bulldog.

To the mod that deleted my post in the "positive" thread. If someone says that this game should be a learning experience now and not realise that a 4 win season last year wasn't, they deserve a bagging no matter what thread it is.

To the mod that deleted my post in the "positive" thread. If someone says that this game should be a learning experience now and not realise that a 4 win season last year wasn't, they deserve a bagging no matter what thread it is.
Well for starters you clearly didn't understand the post because you are talking nonsense. The post said it was a wake up call. They haven't made any changes to date - so they have yet to have a wake up call. Stop flying off at everyone around you and start thinking before posting perhaps?

No changes doesn't equal a wake up call more a stubborn stance on playing the so called "tried and tested" if you don't understand that then enjoy the rest of the year

No changes doesn't equal a wake up call more a stubborn stance on playing the so called "tried and tested" if you don't understand that then enjoy the rest of the year
Continuing to make even less sense now. I'll try and rephrase in basic English... Our coaches would have finally got the wake up call they needed to realise they are only in a rebuild (not dual narrative of bouncing back to making finals as well) and will therefore finally implement some changes. Hasn't changed my pov one bit - I've been calling for changes for months anticipating our current situation. We as fans will now get to see those changes that we should have seen ages ago. That's the positive.

Continuing to make even less sense now. I'll try and rephrase in basic English... Our coaches would have finally got the wake up call they needed to realise they are only in a rebuild (not dual narrative of bouncing back to making finals as well) and will therefore finally implement some changes. Hasn't changed my pov one bit - I've been calling for changes for months anticipating our current situation. We as fans will now get to see those changes that we should have seen ages ago. That's the positive.
so you are saying our coaches are dumb and and thought last year was an aberration?

I'd be happy for Lyon to get the ass tomorrow. Don't care who takes over. Do the due diligence and find the next highest rated assistant in the league who has a vision to bring our gameplan into the current era.
I'm over watching the tripe we dish up. Now we are the only team left in the league playing the slow defensive crap and we are not coincidentally the worst team in the league.
And for people who keep saying Fyfe will walk, if he does he learnt nothing from Pav about taking responsibility and leading from the front.
If he walks for success we don't need him.

Where were these Lyon haters 4 years ago when we made it to the GF? He was so s**t to take us to a final.

Anyhow, I'm glad that was the last time I get to watch us in person for 2 years.
Probably admiring his soon to be outdated game plan as extremely effective.

I know it's the melt thread, but I do get disappointed with the eat our own mentality. I reckon the recruiting team have more to answer for than Lyon. Last time I checked, hawks haven't won a game since Mitchell and Lewis left. Proves that even "master coaches" need the cattle.

Now just to put everything in perspective RTB and the Fremantle management have created the team we are watching . The signs were there but no one was willing to do anything about it .
The recruiters since 2013 have dropped the ball . We had an ageing list and a lot of foot soldiers . We had a fantastic 2014 season but injuries killed our finals campaign .That was when we needed to start the rebuild . We are now paying the price . Pav had to play an extra year because we had no replacement for him .We kept De-Boer , Mzungu , Morabito and Barlow then let 3 of them go for no return .We gave D Pearce a 2 year contract extension .
The Club is also paying the price for hanging onto Clarke who's knees are shot .
Now for the replacement players that are both in the team and those who haven't played so far this year .Kerstan has had no impact .Hamling is struggling .Cam is trying but has no support .The delivery from the midfield to the forward line is non existent . Our players are just bombing away hoping that someone will mark it but when the opposition double team him he just gets killed same as Pav used too.
The RTB game plan has been superseded . The best coaches have worked out that quick ball movement and hard running midfielders that run both ways carve up static defences . Half backs are now sweepers that leave their forwards and create havoc by creating more options for the ball carrier . The best midfields in the game don't all stand flat footed at stoppages .They use sparing numbers in close and everyone else is on the move outside waiting for their team mate to feed it out or ready to apply pressure to an opposition player that is trying to breakaway from the stoppage .RUN AND SPREAD .The don't rely on having a dominate ruckmen .
RTB and the selection committee need to make the hard decisions NOW ,not wait till season end . The first decision is what assistant coaches stay and who goes . The second decision is what players stay and who goes . The third decision is who of the back up players need to be exposed to the AFL footy and who hasn't met the required levels for taking the Club forward . Ross stays .I'm not calling for his head but he has too show us and the players that he can bring out the talent and develop a game plan that the players on our list can execute

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd be happy for Lyon to get the ass tomorrow. Don't care who takes over. Do the due diligence and find the next highest rated assistant in the league who has a vision to bring our gameplan into the current era.
I'm over watching the tripe we dish up. Now we are the only team left in the league playing the slow defensive crap and we are not coincidentally the worst team in the league.
And for people who keep saying Fyfe will walk, if he does he learnt nothing from Pav about taking responsibility and leading from the front.
If he walks for success we don't need him.

Kinda agree, but you can't take responsibility and lead from the front as you say under a stubborn Ross Lyon who calls all the shots and refuses to change. If we convince Fyfe that we are committed to a serious overhaul and he leaves then it's on him. But if Ross stays and Fyfe leaves then I honestly don't begrudge him.

Kinda agree, but you can't take responsibility and lead from the front as you say under a stubborn Ross Lyon who calls all the shots and refuses to change. If we convince Fyfe that we are committed to a serious overhaul and he leaves then it's on him. But if Ross stays and Fyfe leaves then I honestly don't begrudge him.
I was actually thinking about that before. If it came down to a choice between Fyfe and Ross who would the club choose?
I personally believe they would back Fyfe.

I was actually thinking about that before. If it came down to a choice between Fyfe and Ross who would the club choose?
I personally believe they would back Fyfe.

Thought a similar thing. Along the lines of if Fyfe indicated that he was to leave would the club take dramatic action and give Ross the boot to convince Fyfe to stay. Either way if Fyfe - who is from WA - leaves it is a pretty huge indictment on Lyon and surely would create waves.

I don't know why Sheridan and Collins are not in this side.

Why is Weller a defender and Blakely given a role that = don't touch the ball.
Agree with all but Sheridan. He would not have made an iota of difference today.
Collins deserves to be in as our defense is in disarray.
Weller is not a defenders jock strap. He needs to go in the forward line.
Unfortunately, Blakely is last in line of the midfielders. He is too slow to be in the forward line but where do you put him? He'd get slaughtered in defense. I can see him getting the chop next week, sadly.

So why did we get rid of Barlow because supposedly he'd been pushed out for someone like Blakely...who barely even gets a run in the midfield now anyway!!! Now poor Barlow has to rot in a losing team like GC when he could be rotting in a losing team at Freo but not have to move house :p

Anyway the point is, we have a shitload of players playing out of position right now. We are forced to play someone like Weller at half back because NO ONE else is decent enough to play there.

Agree with all but Sheridan. He would not have made an iota of difference today.
Unfortunately, Blakely is last in line of the midfielders. He is too slow to be in the forward line but where do you put him? He'd get slaughtered in defense. I can see him getting the chop next week, sadly.

Agree re Sheridan. Has been given plenty of opportunities to cement a spot and for mine, has never made much of an impact (aside from an extremely negative one in the 2015 Prelim).

Sheridan wouldn't of made any difference, no player would. However, other coaches would look at Sheridan and see the potential that he has. The modern game should suit him with his enormous tank and potential to spread. Unfortunately, he has few opportunities to use these attributes under Lyon's system. Same with Crozier's marking ability and goal nous.

For all of you talking about Lyon's outdated 2013 game plan, do you really believe we are playing the same style? I have never seen Freo under Ross, give opposition so much space and time. That is nothing like 2013.
I would lean to the thinking that Ross is trying to change the game plan to be more attacking, but it ain't working for whatever reason. Occasionally we are getting caught with 2 or less in the forward line, like today, which may seem to be 2013-esque but the rest is nothing like the old style.

I prefer to think we are tanking because I saw nothing from the coaching staff to lead me to believe we wanted to win today.

For all of you talking about Lyon's outdated 2013 game plan, do you really believe we are playing the same style? I have never seen Freo under Ross, give opposition so much space and time. That is nothing like 2013.
I would lean to the thinking that Ross is trying to change the game plan to be more attacking, but it ain't working for whatever reason. Occasionally we are getting caught with 2 or less in the forward line, like today, which may seem to be 2013-esque but the rest is nothing like the old style.

I prefer to think we are tanking because I saw nothing from the coaching staff to lead me to believe we wanted to win today.

It is. We're just doing is shitter, it's obsolete and the modern game has gone waaaaaaaay past it.

Where were these Lyon haters 4 years ago when we made it to the GF? He was so s**t to take us to a final.

Anyhow, I'm glad that was the last time I get to watch us in person for 2 years.

4 years ago Freo and Ross were relevant. Things have changed so fast since then.

I don't hate Ross, but he is a sounding a bit like a Betamax salesman right now.

4 years ago Freo and Ross were relevant. Things have changed so fast since then.

I don't hate Ross, but he is a sounding a bit like a Betamax salesman right now.
Last year people wanted Ken Hinkley's head, the players finally decide to turn up for Port with the same game plan effectively and they're top of the table and anointing him as their saviour. Fans are fickle and stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back