Favourite XI

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Besides, Gerrard should always be considered as a box to box attacking midfielder anyway, purely because of the tools he has going forward, can never really compare him to the likes of Scholes or Vieira coz they're different.

Dare I say if he isn't a Liverpool player people would be rating him far higher

I agree 100% on this regard, it always infuriates me when people try and debate who was a better midfielder when comparing players with completely different stylistic qualities and positional responsibilities, the Lampard, Gerrard, Scholes debate is the main example that springs to mind for me.

I'm going to disagree on the latter point though. As much as I dislike Liverpool I've always had a lot of respect for the clubs tradition and stature within the game as quite similar to the traditions and stature of United, if that makes sense. I think the fact he stood out in weaker Liverpool sides and thus cemented himself as an icon of the club is part of the reason I respect him so much actually, I think part of this stems from appreciating what Giggs and Scholes mean to us United fans as becoming a legend of a club as big as either of these two really takes something special IMO.

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
Lloris
Lahm - Shawcross - Kompany - Azpilucueta
Modric - Xabi Alonso - Isco
Bale - Ibra- Ronaldo

Shawcross just so that no side would try and rough up my team of stars. And for the scrappy corner goal if anyone parked the bus. How he isn't in the England squad or at a better club is beyond me

Super Hans

marcus proudson
10k Posts Pokemon is Life SuperCoach Club Board Championship League Member
Apr 27, 2009
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
TrailBlazers, Juventus, Raiders
Going to update mine.

---------------- Lloris ---------------
Lahm - Kompany - Jagielka - Alaba
--------- Pogba ------ Kroos --------
Muller--------- Modric ---- Griezmann
--------------- Tevez ---------------

Isco very stiff, but Griezmann has overtaken him in the last year or so.

Spitter9

Club Legend
Jul 29, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool
Neuer
Can Varane sakho
Lahm Gerrard javi Martinez Alaba
Coutinho
Suarez aguero​

Jan 13, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Leicester, Vixens
All Time

Kahn

Nesta – Lima - Maldini

Rinaldi - Hazard –– King - Mahrez

Frick - Aloisi – Selva

Current:
Courtois
De Laet - Wasyl - Lima - Kompany
Rinaldi - Hazard - King - Mahrez
Frick - Selva

I'll be honest, I think I've had a little too much fun with the minnows and Football Manager.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Hm, this looks vastly different now.

Buffon
Bellerin Koscielny Azpi
Kante
Mane----------Silva--------Hazard
De Bruyne
Lukaku Alexis
Costa
Kun
Coutinho
Ozil
Suarez
Cazorla
Kane

Formation is weird, but there just aren't many defenders around these days I like. It was a big toss up between KDB/Coutinho/Ozil. And Rom/Kun.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.

Buffon
Bellerin Koscielny Azpi
Kante
De Bruyne
Lukaku Alexis
Costa
Kun
Coutinho
Ozil
Suarez
Cazorla
Kane

Formation is weird, but there just aren't many defenders around these days I like. It was a big toss up between KDB/Coutinho/Ozil. And Rom/Kun.
I thought you hated Suarez?? I thought everyone hated Suarez, outside of Liverpool fans.

Aug 28, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
I thought everyone hated Suarez, outside of Liverpool fans.
As much as I wanted to hate him I never did. His last season in the Premier League is one of the best I have ever seen. He was absolutely ruthless. He wasn't your typical superstar footballer either. No stupid haircuts, no ridiculous outfits and he always came across as incredibly humble.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
As much as I wanted to hate him I never did. His last season in the Premier League is one of the best I have ever seen. He was absolutely ruthless. He wasn't your typical superstar footballer either. No stupid haircuts, no ridiculous outfits and he always came across as incredibly humble.
Yep. He's well loved among Liverpool fans, not just because of his outstanding play but like you said. He was just incredibly humble, team first, just a top bloke who loves his family and just wants to play. The villain tag he has is unfortunate as off the pitch i think he's a totally different person.

Amazing footballer though. The only bloke IMO who has approcahed Messi/Ronaldo levels.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
Suarez is a huge campaigner on the pitch because of his upbringing where every game on the streets was a battle that had to be won at any cost. Football was a way out of poverty.

Got to admire him for just wanting to play football and not worry about going to nightclubs / driving flash cars etc etc. Bet he doesn't whore himself out to Chinese clubs when he finishes up at Barca. Can see him going back to Uruguay when he is done at Barca.

How he hasn't suffered a broken leg in his career is amazing after all the horror challenges he has copped. One of the most durable players I have seen.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Bet he doesn't whore himself out to Chinese clubs when he finishes up at Barca. Can see him going back to Uruguay when he is done at Barca.
Nah he wont leave his family. His wife's family all live in Spain. He'll just retire and live where ever his wife wants to. He loves that woman. Bit of an amazing love story between the two.

Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Stevenage FC

Buffon
Bellerin Koscielny Azpi
Kante
De Bruyne
Lukaku Alexis
Costa
Kun
Coutinho
Ozil
Suarez
Cazorla
Kane

what? no more Szezeny?

Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Stevenage FC

Buffon
Bellerin Koscielny Azpi
Kante
De Bruyne
Lukaku Alexis
Costa
Kun
Coutinho
Ozil
Suarez
Cazorla
Kane

so much prem

Back