List Mgmt. Fyfe - Signed until 2023!!

Tom_Thumb

Club Legend
Feb 1, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Ok hear me out, hand Fyfe over to us for a 2 year contract for McKenzie and our next 2 years highest picks plus a kid you get to pick under 20. We are very close to winning it and Fyfe would give him his flag and some money, he wins - we win. How you guys win is that we hand him back after 2 years and hopefully you have rebuilt a good list with Fyfe coming back to hand you guys your first ever flag.

This could be done. We need to get smarter with dealing with the AFL being seen as foreign interloper's just there to make the CEO some money. We seriously need to get over the "No Deal" mentality between both clubs and help each other as we are seriously up against it with our draws and limited access to our own States Talent.

Purple dynamite

All Australian
May 22, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Bayern munich
Wait so mckenzie - dont want, 2 first round draft picks - 2017 & 18, plus say venables and you give him back in 2 years....sure.
But you cany afford ballaz, how can you afford fyfe?

rgauci

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 16, 2004
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
DOCKERS
Ok hear me out, hand Fyfe over to us for a 2 year contract for McKenzie and our next 2 years highest picks plus a kid you get to pick under 20. We are very close to winning it and Fyfe would give him his flag and some money, he wins - we win. How you guys win is that we hand him back after 2 years and hopefully you have rebuilt a good list with Fyfe coming back to hand you guys your first ever flag.

This could be done. We need to get smarter with dealing with the AFL being seen as foreign interloper's just there to make the CEO some money. We seriously need to get over the "No Deal" mentality between both clubs and help each other as we are seriously up against it with our draws and limited access to our own States Talent.

As crazy as you sound, we should have been doing this for years. Dean Cox for instance would have been a great 2nd ruck in 2013-15. Instead we play Zac Clarke and he's torn apart in the finals. where did you guys finish in 2013-2014?

Silky32

Debutant
Aug 7, 2009
AFL Club
Fremantle

Tried to hear you out but spat my beer through my nose at 'very close to winning it'.

Armoooo

Club Legend
Apr 19, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
Or something like we let the trade go through, get pick 2, then trade our third for one of their firsts

Would deadset trade two firsts for a fifth if it meant that we got to take Fyfe as a Free Agent.

Would mean that you guys would potentially get three top 10 picks for Fyfe, which I daresay is pretty reasonable compensation.

Problem would obviously be that the AFL wouldn't sign off on a trade of 2 firsts for a 5th, we would need to get creative :p

Whether he comes to St Kilda or not, I think you guys are actually better off going with two or three first round picks for him.

Wally Walpamur

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 23, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle

I'm not sure what's worse, your offer or the fact I legitimately considered it. It's like in the Simpsons when the real estate agent suggests taking the offer of Ralph Wiggum's half drunk chocolate milk for their house.

if fyfe doesnt re-gain his form and say freo finish 3rd last i actually think, it'd be a good outcome for them to get pick 4, go into the draft with picks 3 & 4. it could be a daisy thomas or brendon goddard situation where you trade him out before he starts to descent from his peak

if he does re-gain his form, i can see the logic why you would make sure he is priority 1

personally i think he stays a docker. he's pretty strong on that. i wouldnt worry so much

is there any word on balic's contract?

youmewe

Club Legend
Dec 22, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Would deadset trade two firsts for a fifth if it meant that we got to take Fyfe as a Free Agent.

Would mean that you guys would potentially get three top 10 picks for Fyfe, which I daresay is pretty reasonable compensation.

Problem would obviously be that the AFL wouldn't sign off on a trade of 2 firsts for a 5th, we would need to get creative :p

Whether he comes to St Kilda or not, I think you guys are actually better off going with two or three first round picks for him.
Would you have done that with Riewoldt when he was 25?

Tom_Thumb

Club Legend
Feb 1, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Wait so mckenzie - dont want, 2 first round draft picks - 2017 & 18, plus say venables and you give him back in 2 years....sure.
But you cany afford ballaz, how can you afford fyfe?
Ballantyne wouldn't of got a game for us, we have some good kids that won't get to play this year because we are close. We need a lot of things to fall into place even get to another GF and blooding young players would get in the way.

Talking Dockers

Senior List
Sep 27, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
trade fyfe to saints for the two first rounders banked from 2016 plus their first rounder in 2017 ie 3 first rounders plus our pick 1-4 makes 4 first rounders.

Will he want to be our second greatest player if not our greatest player(could win another brownlow or two) to play our his career at the dockers and not win a flag?

He is a savvy businessman and setting himself up nicely for after football(CH Basil can't get enough of him)- does he want to be a bigfish in a small pond over here or a big fish surround by other bigfish in Melb its all to do with the Fyfe brand and where it gets the most exposure.

To quote commetti "no point in having a marquee player if there is no marquee"

Jul 5, 2011
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
just watched his press conference today and if you can believe what he is saying he isn't going anywhere. This talk of trading him is crazy he is 25/26 in his prime and loves Freo and when you get a player who at his best is the best player in the comp you don't just trade him for some magic beans . I think some people here have forgotten how good he is, we should be supporting our new captain not trying to get rid of him for some draft picks .

Apr 7, 2010
West
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Brewers
lol @ a 3 first rounder trade

lol @ obsessively lurking our board day and night liking every negative post you see

Post something that could actually be considered a useful contribution for once. It's probably beyond you but still, it's something to work on :thumbsu:

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
It's really good seeing Fyfe get out in front of the media after the poor performances the last two weeks. I'm backing him in, and respecting (at least for the moment) that he's backing in Ross. He's going to be a fantastic leader for our club and he seems the personality to dig in when the going gets tough - he has already proved that on field and first signs are he is willing to off field as well. We're in a transition phase and I don't think our list is all doom and gloom. We'll likely get smashed on the weekend but if we get to see some fresh faces that's good enough for me.

http://www.fremantlefc.com.au/news/2017-04-04/time-for-cool-heads-fyfe

Sweetback

Cancelled
Dec 23, 2014
lol @ obsessively lurking our board day and night liking every negative post you see

Post something that could actually be considered a useful contribution for once. It's probably beyond you but still, it's something to work on :thumbsu:

You have the patience of a stone, Righteo.

meima

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 5, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
From Fyfe press conference he really wanted to captain Freo and bring the next generation like balic and logue to success.

Yeti

Premiership Player
Feb 17, 2012
Newcastle
AFL Club
Fremantle
From Fyfe press conference he really wanted to captain Freo and bring the next generation like balic and logue to success.

I am a bit confused over the hype regarding Balic, more so on the main board than here. People seem to be pointing to him as proof that Lyon is refusing to play the youth.

He spent the entire year last year rehabbing from a pre-draft wrist injury and the only reason he played at all was because of the club listing him on the bench for Peel games.

Fast forward to this year and he plays 2 WAFL games and all of a sudden he is the next Judd, Ball and Hodge rolled into one being held back by the big bad Ross Lyon.

The guy has missed a year of footy, has not played at AFL level and should be made to earn his spot. If it gets to round 4 and he is racking up possessions at will then I can understand it but the hysteria over Balic not getting picked is bordering on ridiculous.

He will be given the same opportunity as Weller / Tucker / Langdon. In fact due to our current predicament he is likely to be given even more opportunities than they were.

Lloyd's little rant on FC last night was ill informed and premature. It seems the media (and many on BF) are more interested in being first to announce the sky is falling.

There is no evidence to suggest that Ross Lyon isn't the man to lead a rebuild. So what he hasn't done one yet? St Kilda were dumb enough to screw him around on his contract and we pounced.

We failed to get a flag, I am as annoyed and shattered as anyone but he has earnt the right to rebuild us after all he has done for the club. If it gets to 2018 and we are no better than punt him, but he has done more for Fremantle FC as a coach than our previous coaches combined.

Fyfe will stay. I predict a 3 year deal where he will help lead the club back up the ladder. I am already prefering his public message compared to Mundy last year but he has a long way to go as captain.

To anyone sooking about his haircut or his brand or his personal sponsorships, unless you were doing it when he was winning a Brownlow and games off his own boot then maybe you need to take a deep breath, have a think about how diverse your life is and understand there is more to being a footballer than winning games.

meima

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 5, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
I am a bit confused over the hype regarding Balic, more so on the main board than here. People seem to be pointing to him as proof that Lyon is refusing to play the youth.

He spent the entire year last year rehabbing from a pre-draft wrist injury and the only reason he played at all was because of the club listing him on the bench for Peel games.

Fast forward to this year and he plays 2 WAFL games and all of a sudden he is the next Judd, Ball and Hodge rolled into one being held back by the big bad Ross Lyon.

The guy has missed a year of footy, has not played at AFL level and should be made to earn his spot. If it gets to round 4 and he is racking up possessions at will then I can understand it but the hysteria over Balic not getting picked is bordering on ridiculous.

He will be given the same opportunity as Weller / Tucker / Langdon. In fact due to our current predicament he is likely to be given even more opportunities than they were.

Lloyd's little rant on FC last night was ill informed and premature. It seems the media (and many on BF) are more interested in being first to announce the sky is falling.

There is no evidence to suggest that Ross Lyon isn't the man to lead a rebuild. So what he hasn't done one yet? St Kilda were dumb enough to screw him around on his contract and we pounced.

We failed to get a flag, I am as annoyed and shattered as anyone but he has earnt the right to rebuild us after all he has done for the club. If it gets to 2018 and we are no better than punt him, but he has done more for Fremantle FC as a coach than our previous coaches combined.

Fyfe will stay. I predict a 3 year deal where he will help lead the club back up the ladder. I am already prefering his public message compared to Mundy last year but he has a long way to go as captain.

To anyone sooking about his haircut or his brand or his personal sponsorships, unless you were doing it when he was winning a Brownlow and games off his own boot then maybe you need to take a deep breath, have a think about how diverse your life is and understand there is more to being a footballer than winning games.
I don't get it , isnt it the captain job to help squad member like balic and logue develop, also fyfe been a new draftee before what got to do with his hairstyle. Yes my preference is fyfe with shorter hair but that is his hair and opinion in a forum in my previous post , is just an opinion if I go and cut his hair then you can have your concern . did you actually listen to fyfe conference that provide negative vibe , what I said is a young leader willing to learn from mundy and Sandi and face the challenge, nothing to do with hairstyle or brand .

Yeti

Premiership Player
Feb 17, 2012
Newcastle
AFL Club
Fremantle
I don't get it , isnt it the captain job to help squad member like balic and logue develop, also fyfe been a new draftee before what got to do with his hairstyle. Yes my preference is fyfe with shorter hair but that is his hair and opinion in a forum .

I don't understand your post. I would suggest it is all the senior players and the coaching staff that are responsible for the development of our 1st-5th year players.

Why does that mean they have to be played immediately without earning their stripes or any of the other stuff I talked about?

Maybe re-read my post and grasp what I meant in relation to the external noise regarding his out of football activities. I doubt what style his hair is changes how much time he spends with the younger players.

meima

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 5, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
I don't understand your post. I would suggest it is all the senior players and the coaching staff that are responsible for the development of our 1st-5th year players.

Why does that mean they have to be played immediately without earning their stripes or any of the other stuff I talked about?

Maybe re-read my post and grasp what I meant in relation to the external noise regarding his out of football activities. I doubt what style his hair is changes how much time he spends with the younger players.
I did not said play them immediately . I just post that in his press conference he mention there is some kids in peel that are playing well , the team selection will have a look at them as he is not the selection committee. I thought you are mature enough to know that people here just discuss changes who they prefer in the end is all up to the match committee. People here don't have any said about anything about how freo fc operate. Even if they do BF is not the place .

* I did some negative perception post about the Ross ,players ,which is quite normal in a discussion forum .if all the post here is fyfe is great , freo fc is doing OK , the club don't need rebuild , then you tell me what we going to discuss here.

Last edited:
Back