Training 2017 Season Training Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

34 on the track. Mundy running laps, Ryan and Nyhuis both trained. Skills good in tricky conditions. Short session and not a lot to report. Main drill was forward entry and then the transition out of defence. Balic and Grey worked with the main squad. Interesting that Johno worked with the Peel boys. I think he was on light duties so had an easy morning. Boys worked hard. Not a lot of banter but to be expected after Sunday.
Nyhuis ready for peel?

Are the new facilities just as easy to get into to watch training as the old ground?
Once it's finished there won't be an issue,but at the minute the viewing area is quite restricted.
The once I went I walked in the front door,up a couple of levels ignoring 'no access' signage,pressed a button on a door and walked out onto a balcony where the team's media bloke was filming.
It was at least 40 mins before someone came out and asked me if I was a media hack.

Was Taberner with the main group? Any of last weeks 22 not with the main group? Hope Balic gets his shot as he's earnt it and Ross needs to reward strong form in the 2's when our guys struggle like last week.

Are the new facilities just as easy to get into to watch training as the old ground?

Yeah pretty much. There is a small gate with some stairs that you go through and it takes you down to the admin. We just watch from the fence along there.

Was Taberner with the main group? Any of last weeks 22 not with the main group? Hope Balic gets his shot as he's earnt it and Ross needs to reward strong form in the 2's when our guys struggle like last week.

He was and Johno wasn't but Wednesday is not the main session. Friday is the go to see who will line up.

He was and Johno wasn't but Wednesday is not the main session. Friday is the go to see who will line up.
By today you will know who is on the 25 men squad , peel thunder will had their line up also , no need to wait until tomorrow ;)

By today you will know who is on the 25 men squad , peel thunder will had their line up also , no need to wait until tomorrow ;)

Yeh we do have to wait until Fri;) to see who the 3 are to come out . The three won't train with the main squad and will have a light run with the Peel boys .

Yeh we do have to wait until Fri;) to see who the 3 are to come out . The three won't train with the main squad and will have a light run with the Peel boys .
Will let you know my guess selection before you watch tommorow training. :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Vey quiet session with 2 groups ,the peel boys in red and they did about an hour of skill work, the main squad in purple and they did very little. Tabs,Stratocaster and Darcy a lot of ruck drills . Great to see Nyhuis with the boys and out of the rehab group. The boys who played Sunday a 5 minute run then inside. The rehab group looks promising with Apeness, Uber, Deluca and Human out of the gym and into full on the track rehab incl running. Balla also out on the track with the rehab group. Logue and Sheridan did some extra work with a kick to kick and looked great. On a side note the foyer and store are now open in the main building and its 5 star hotel class. We have a new viewing area to watch training from and thats also first class. We have been moved from the previous area because some knobhead keyed Fyfe's vehicle.AND BENNELL WORKED WITH THE REHAB GROUP.

Thanks Salim. Good to hear the players in rehab are looking good.

Slightly worrying we suck so bad and are having very quiet sessions though...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back