Status
Not open for further replies.

E Shed

Fremantle Obsessive
Sep 10, 2006
Perth WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
As soon as I saw the words Footy Classified I stopped reading. You will not find a bigger gang of dumb campaigners talking about football anywhere.
I don't do any footy media anymore except maybe ABC Saturday morning waiting for a game to come on. TV? Forget it. We know more than they do.

May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal
I don't do any footy media anymore except maybe ABC Saturday morning waiting for a game to come on. TV? Forget it. We know more than they do.
On the Couch is worth watching but that's about it.

Although I did laugh when King reckoned we should put a line through Kersten with the other 4 cooked players as far as playing again already.

Grandstan

Team Captain
Jul 15, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
On the Couch is worth watching but that's about it.

Although I did laugh when King reckoned we should put a line through Kersten with the other 4 cooked players as far as playing again already.

There's a clip here. The writing's on the wall, but dunno how you drop Ibbo, Johnno and Zac all at once. Griffin has to be in the mix too, but then I'm not convinced our talls are the main problem.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/the...g/news-story/9c7965626d277f4c11019158be610882

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Cowboys, Packers, Scorchers
I don't remember the media carrying on this much when the Eagles were beaten at home by Geelong a few years back by 118 points. They only mentioned the bit about Bomber Thompson eating a sandwich whilst watching the game, as he didn't need to do any coaching at the time.

Wasn't that against us?

Sep 30, 2003
Bunvegas
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
WA, Australia
The West is a glorified dick rag at the best of times, but this morning's sport section took the cake - three pages of copying and pasting what a mob of ex-players said on radio.

But this gem from Kane Cornes took the cake: https://thewest.com.au/sport/afl/ho...epper-slip-through-wa-clubs-net-ng-b88435474z

Port Adelaide great Kane Cornes says it is “staggering” Fremantle overlooked readymade WA midfielder Sam Powell-Pepper at last year’s national draft.

No surprise he left the firies - probably couldn't tell which way to point the hose.

Marty Whitelaw

All Australian
Aug 27, 2014
Nedlands
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
West Perth Falcons, LA Clippers
The West is a glorified dick rag at the best of times, but this morning's sport section took the cake - three pages of copying and pasting what a mob of ex-players said on radio.

But this gem from Kane Cornes took the cake: https://thewest.com.au/sport/afl/ho...epper-slip-through-wa-clubs-net-ng-b88435474z

Port Adelaide great Kane Cornes says it is “staggering” Fremantle overlooked readymade WA midfielder Sam Powell-Pepper at last year’s national draft.

No surprise he left the firies - probably couldn't tell which way to point the hose.

Geez there's some rubbish being written this week. Footy media has become exactly like the Canberra press gallery. A particular idea takes hold and then the so called experts spend the next week parroting exactly the same thing at each other until it's replaced by something better.

We are absolute rubbish at the moment but it's unlikely that drafting SPP would've done anything to change that. In fact you can guarantee they'd have been writing about our inability to draft key position players if we'd taken him.

Also, remember in 2011 and 2012 Port Adelaide were the laughing stock of the competition, and everyone said their list was the worst since Fitzroy, that they'd be on the bottom of the ladder for at least the next 5 years and that they had no decent young talent? Things turned around for them much quicker than the so called experts predicted.

electricfeel

Cancelled
Sep 21, 2008
AFL Club
Fremantle
Geez there's some rubbish being written this week. Footy media has become exactly like the Canberra press gallery. A particular idea takes hold and then the so called experts spend the next week parroting exactly the same thing at each other until it's replaced by something better.

We are absolute rubbish at the moment but it's unlikely that drafting SPP would've done anything to change that. In fact you can guarantee they'd have been writing about our inability to draft key position players if we'd taken him.

Also, remember in 2011 and 2012 Port Adelaide were the laughing stock of the competition, and everyone said their list was the worst since Fitzroy, that they'd be on the bottom of the ladder for at least the next 5 years and that they had no decent young talent? Things turned around for them much quicker than the so called experts predicted.
Wasn't so long ago that Port vs the Bye happened...and the tarps!

Yes we are s**t right now and yes we know, but jeez the media have short memories and jump at any opportunity to further sink the boot into a struggling team

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Marty Whitelaw

All Australian
Aug 27, 2014
Nedlands
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
West Perth Falcons, LA Clippers
Wasn't so long ago that Port vs the Bye happened...and the tarps!

Yes we are s**t right now and yes we know, but jeez the media have short memories and jump at any opportunity to further sink the boot into a struggling team

Haha yes. Port versus the Bye was enjoyable.

Your second paragraph is bang on. I feel it's particularly bad in our case because: 1. Ross seems to have built up quite a few enemies, especially in the Melbourne media; and 2. The Eagles mafia is till alive and well over here. That being said, the only solution is to stop playing rubbish footy!

scon

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2009
western australia
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Long haired Champs.
Lyon has previously declared that the bedrock of the entire show is recruiting.
If you don't get that bit right your club goes nowhere.
So while I don't agree with his assessment that you can't shift skills too much,he has definitely put the recruiting department on notice previously and may well be reminding them.

LiZ4RD

Senior List
Aug 5, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
The Worst didn't run spellcheck before their email blast today.. or maybe they did.

Capture1.JPG

Proud SJW

Cancelled
Aug 27, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Lyon has previously declared that the bedrock of the entire show is recruiting.
If you don't get that bit right your club goes nowhere.
So while I don't agree with his assessment that you can't shift skills too much,he has definitely put the recruiting department on notice previously and may well be reminding them.
Somewhat related and interesting in light of what you said there:
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-04-06/analysis-senior-coaches-say-in-draft-decisions

Apr 18, 2011
Japan
AFL Club
Fremantle
Mention of the Krakouer brothers in the Hill brothers thread was timely given this was in the Worst today https://thewest.com.au/sport/wafl-r...n-claremont-and-south-fremantle-ng-b88443636z Have actually been enjoying the retro WAFL sections they've been doing, makes me think Channel 7 still have some footage that hasn't made it onto YouTube. Anyway the '81 GF punch on shows the Krakouers in action, Phil and Benny Vigona shaping up, Jimmy getting dragged out by Stephen Michael among other goings on. My memory is that there was another brawl early in the 1st quarter and that one was far more willing, with Maurice Rioli showing some very fast hands indeed. It's not on the clip above nor on YouTube so I wonder if perhaps my memory is faulty all these years later. Can anyone recall?

Jan 18, 2002
A bay at Rotto
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Rottnest
Mention of the Krakouer brothers in the Hill brothers thread was timely given this was in the Worst today https://thewest.com.au/sport/wafl-r...n-claremont-and-south-fremantle-ng-b88443636z Have actually been enjoying the retro WAFL sections they've been doing, makes me think Channel 7 still have some footage that hasn't made it onto YouTube. Anyway the '81 GF punch on shows the Krakouers in action, Phil and Benny Vigona shaping up, Jimmy getting dragged out by Stephen Michael among other goings on. My memory is that there was another brawl early in the 1st quarter and that one was far more willing, with Maurice Rioli showing some very fast hands indeed. It's not on the clip above nor on YouTube so I wonder if perhaps my memory is faulty all these years later. Can anyone recall?

Gerard Betts I think came out a bit shaken.

I think Brad Hardie can be seen doing some dance moves, around the outside of the pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back