Supercoach DRAFT 2017 - Discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Benefit to what? Viewing other peoples waiver requests?
People will just poach your waivers if you are not careful

Ye, why would they have an option that allows you to see other people's waiver claims? I haven't seen that option in other fantasy games. Is there any benefit to it?

Ye, why would they have an option that allows you to see other people's waiver claims? I haven't seen that option in other fantasy games. Is there any benefit to it?
Well if you are top of waiver wire and someone puts claims in on someone you think you want/could use to sabotage their team....then you can see their process/thoughts on a possible strategy.

You can loophole but you'd need bench set to auto emergency wouldn't you? My league doesn't have auto emergencies so the VC is only there in case captain doesn't play. Not for loophole purposes

Hmmmm.... I've just checked and Auto Emergencies is on, however it says lowest scoring player on the bench replaces a player who doesn't play in your starting lineup.......if my non playing player was a defender and I only had one defender on the bench, would that player come on regardless of the scores of the other players?

Been offered Hanners for Jack Steele, it has definitely got me thinking.

Thoughts?

Assuming you aren't short of forwards or stacked with mids, take it and run. Run fast.
No better example of buying low.

Heeney and Mitch Wallis are sitting in free agency at the moment and it's killing me.

Ive got koby Stevens and armitage on my bench, Armo is useful mid coverage but heeney and wallis are too good to pass on.
Thoughts?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Assuming you aren't short of forwards or stacked with mids, take it and run. Run fast.
No better example of buying low.

I brought in Yeo in the midfield last week for Hanley. So I can just swap him to the fwd line if I trade Steele

Will Hanners %100 play this week? Heard rumours of injury..

Heeney and Mitch Wallis are sitting in free agency at the moment and it's killing me.

Ive got koby Stevens and armitage on my bench, Armo is useful mid coverage but heeney and wallis are too good to pass on.
Thoughts?
Had our draft tuesday night and Heeney got picked up by a team. Having said that I picked up Cogs as he is worth the 4-5 week wait. Also picked up Pittard.

If you are happy with coverage Heeney might be worth it

You can loophole but you'd need bench set to auto emergency wouldn't you? My league doesn't have auto emergencies so the VC is only there in case captain doesn't play. Not for loophole purposes
This might sound a touch silly but without auto emergency do you pick your emergency or do you have no emergency?

This might sound a touch silly but without auto emergency do you pick your emergency or do you have no emergency?
No emergency. We have 3-4-1-3 (IIRC) plus 4 on the bench I think, so not super large teams, but donuts are unavoidable at some point or another. Makes free agency pretty valuable in our league. Also keeps us invested throughout the weekend which was good when we were pub and footy goers, but now more difficult with other commitments/blokes overseas.

Edit: Late outs are mayhem

No emergency. We have 3-4-1-3 (IIRC) plus 4 on the bench I think, so not super large teams, but donuts are unavoidable at some point or another. Makes free agency pretty valuable in our league. Also keeps us invested throughout the weekend which was good when we were pub and footy goers, but now more difficult with other commitments/blokes overseas.

Edit: Late outs are mayhem
Thanks! My league is trying to move away from auto and that should keep them at bay. Cheers to a new season!

Thoughts?

Heeney in the pool? Man I'm taking him with my second pick if he even lasts that long. Jump on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back