No Oppo Supporters The Melt Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bulldogs have Murphy, Suckling, Johnassien, Boyd and Wood as there rebounding defenders that set up attack. That's 5 players and Biggs aren't too shabby at it either.

Hawks have Birchall, Hodge/Burgoyne go through there, Burton, Henderson

Adelaide - Laird, Smith, Reilly

WCE - Hurn, Sheppard, McGovern, Wellingham

Freo - Weller?

Good teams start there attack from the backline and these players all push up the ground actually wanting the ball in there hands to start play. We moved Crozier out :drunk:. Look how far off we are with the rest of the comp, it's 2017 and that's all we have to offer?!
It comes down to work rate. Bulldogs, Crows, Eagles etc all work 10 times as hard off the half back line, they create opportunities to score and have excellent disposal with very little turnovers.

Fremantle just seem to run themselves into pressure with every possession they have, players like Sutcliffe do it constantly and guess what it creates turnover, you cannot win a game of footy if your basic skills and work rate are horrible.

Its just horrible to watch everytime a freo player gets the ball near the half back line its handball then another handball (into congestion) then turnover from the kick that comes out. It is seriously the worst footy ive ever seen from any side in my 28 years of watching footy.

Im of the view hes done PEDs and the AFL is sweeping it under the carpet with the its his calf as a cover up

Such complete and utter bullshit that the AFL screwed us over in sending bennell to us

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know it's the melt thread, but I do get disappointed with the eat our own mentality. I reckon the recruiting team have more to answer for than Lyon. Last time I checked, hawks haven't won a game since Mitchell and Lewis left. Proves that even "master coaches" need the cattle.

Oh come now Clarkson had the balls to move on two of his greats and kick start his new era , our bloke can't even move out or try hard scrubbers

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Prediction - Harley Bennell will never play a game of football for Fremantle Football Club . It's Morabito all over again

You are spot on. Do not forget Simpson!!!! Great recruiting of a resiliant players who can actually get on the park.

Ross mentioned before the season started that we need to go back to "giving great effort" - the mantra that took us to a GF in 2013.

After round two it appears the players haven't got the message...

Despite being:

No 1 for Clearances
2nd best for DE%
Better than average clangers
8th for uncontested ball

We are:

Worst in the comp for Goals kicked
Worst for opponent goals kicked
2nd worst for i50s

Primarily because we are:

Worst in the comp for tackles (By a long way)
Worst in the comp for opponent DE%
Worst for opponent bounces
Worst for Cont Poss
Worst for opponent cont Marks

So basically, we're not winning the hard ball and we're not applying pressure when we don't have the ball. And when we do get the ball, we're using it effectively, but it's not ending up in our forward 50.

A lot of this can be explained by the poor gameplan. Particularly our inability to generate i50s. But how much of it is players not running hard enough and not going hard enough at the ball?

From round 3 onwards, the stats I'll be looking out for are contested possessions, tackles, pressure acts and opponent DE%. When they improve, we will at least know we're giving great effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back