#38 - Tim Smith (R) - Retired

Remove this Banner Ad

The Bull will be Pedobears apprentice and second. Very happy with this. Gives the Weid another year to pack on 5kg, or at least the first half of the year. If Pedo goes down we've got a ready made replacement. And praise be to God, he tackles.

I don't think i've been so pleased with the clubs draft choice sentimentally, since we took Stretch and Omac in the same year

So, who is closer to a 3rd tall spot, Hullett or Smith? Smith was better in the VFL this year, right?
I'd say smith is closer than Hullett, but he has a few years on him, Hullett is still a kid developing really.

Pressure for tall spots is pretty good now. Watts/Hogan/Smith/Keilty/Weideman/Hulett/Pedersen can all play the key forward role.

There is a LOT of development needed there but it's nice to have multiple players fighting for it, rather than "Hogan and one of Pedersen/Weideman automatically gets a game cos who else ???"

Love this guy. Fave player at Casey. Makes things happen from half chances and we need that until our ball movement into the 50 cleans up (which I expect to happen as our youngers guys get more experience)

He should provide an immediate impact if given an opportunity, great to see the Casey alignment creating these opportunities for players.

I'd have him in the round 1 side next season. He's a proven goalkicker, and actually puts great pressure on in the forward line. Weids and Pedo are more natural forwards, but they don't give the same defensive pressure as the Bull. And against St Kilda we really need to pressure their defence, otherwise they just kick goals from the man out the back. Weids time will come. No need to rush him.

I guess the drawback from having him Smith play instead of Pedo is that Watts presumably has to chip in with some ruck work also. Yes I rate Pedo, but I think Smith makes our forward line more dynamic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think at his age he'll need to have an impact relatively quickly. Won't be afforded the same time as some other rookies. Physically ready though.
Agree with you. I'm going to hold fire on this one. Seems like an impressive bloke and tough footballer, but he'll need to replicate the 31 goals he scored at VFL level against far superior defenders to get another year. There's no room for him and vandenBerg to both play, IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back