List Mgmt. Fyfe - Signed until 2023!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Reluctantly we'll accept Weitering and Cripps. Maybe even take Kreuzer too.

We will take him for nothing as a restricted free agent. With Bryce Gibbs, Dale Thomas and Liam Jones moving on or being delisted at the end of this season. The blues are going to have an extra 1.7 million in the salary cap to throw at Fyfe.

Fyfe to Carlton via FA this year. Multiple sources. Probably been discussed repeatedly. Would be incredibly surprised if wrong.
Oh no!!!! I can't believe this is happening. Why would he want to leave us? This is the worst news ever. I bet we aren't going to get any compensation either. Fyfe is going to turn Carlton from **** to super-stars whilst we are going nowhere. Doubt very much if I'm going to be able to sleep tonight. It's shocking to all of us but so glad you shared this highly credible information with us so we have time to prepare.

We will take him for nothing as a restricted free agent. With Bryce Gibbs, Dale Thomas and Liam Jones moving on or being delisted at the end of this season. The blues are going to have an extra 1.7 million in the salary cap to throw at Fyfe.

Unfortunately, money won't be the deciding factor. Don't think that Freo won't have a huge deal prepared for him. If he moves it'll be for the best chance at premiership glory, so I hate to say it but I think we can probably rule Carlton out on that alone :(

Fyfe is OK . You can have him in a forum.

Unfortunately, money won't be the deciding factor. Don't think that Freo won't have a huge deal prepared for him. If he moves it'll be for the best chance at premiership glory, so I hate to say it but I think we can probably rule Carlton out on that alone :(

Blues will be in the premiership window in 2019

Just for your own information, the free agent's club need only match the length and total value of the deal to trigger the matched clause and restricted free agent contracts are a minimum of two years.

Obviously the longer the offer is the easier it makes the originating club matching of that offer, they can heavily back load it to bring up the value knowing the player will force the trade.

He'll coach you for nothing while skippering us up the ladder.
Save the money,stick to your plan and just overpay spuds.

Exactly. For $1.7 million they could afford like 4 or 5 mediocre GWS reserves players who are currently smashing it in the NEAFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha no you're getting Mzungu and De Boer this year now that they've ticked off your recruit pre requisite sheet. "Every recruit must have been on the Giants list for a minimum of 1 year" So instead of Fyfe for 1.7 million a year, you can get the following players.
Matt De Boer
Tendai Mzungu
Sam Reid (s**t one)
Dean Brogan
Kevin Sheedy
Jed Lamb.... oh wait.

Just for your own information, the free agent's club need only match the length and total value of the deal to trigger the matched clause and restricted free agent contracts are a minimum of two years.

Obviously the longer the offer is the easier it makes the originating club matching of that offer, they can heavily back load it to bring up the value knowing the player will force the trade.

Yep solid point.

Carlton would actually be a really interesting club, because they'd also be a club where we'd probably be able to milk far more value out of them than just the compensation pick should he demand a trade (especially if Gibbs went). Given their 1st will probably be within a couple of spots of said pick. If he demanded to go to a club that finished top-8 it would be harder for us to get better value out of a threat to match.

Fyfe was believed to have told his manager "just get me there", before going to the Bulldogs and winning a flag. Wait, that was the last player to tell the Blues to stick it now that Dick Pratt and his brown envelopes have gone - not the next one.

I'll admit to a little schadenfreude on this issue after the way many people on her carried on about Hogan, but Fyfe to Carlton? HAHAHAHA.

Some unjust bum slapping for Nat after last nights incident with Picken.

Nat stop play as he thinks we have a free and doesn't want to take the advantage.
Football world applauds him for being a Good Samaritan haha

Nat stop play as he thinks we have a free and doesn't want to take the advantage.
We'll take it though considering most opposition fans/hack journos like to put his character down and see the worst in him :p

We'll take it though considering most opposition fans/hack journos like to put his character down and see the worst in him :p

For sure. Imagine the ass kissing if it were Danger.

Yes, the commentators just carried on clueless. Speaking of which **** I hate Basil commentating our games after watching the replay. Considered muting at one point. Whoever invents technology to turn off a particular person's voice on audio is going to make a fortune.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back