Scape Goat Whipping Boy - vacancies available

Who is your choice as our next whipping boy?

• Shane Kersten

• Tommy Sheridan

• Cam McCarthy

• Lee Spurr

• Michael Johnson

• Griffin Logue

• Garrick Ibbotson

• Brad Hill

• Joel Hamling

• Hayden Crozier

• Matthew Taberner

• Cam Sutcliffe

• Other (please specify in thread)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Jul 15, 2007
Too far from my bed
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Patriots
Right now that's done, the team will need to fill this position. I wonder who will apply:

Wanted: New Fremantle Whipping Boy

Position became vacant with the not totally unexpected but long overdue departure of experienced members DPearce, Suban and Dawson. Big Footy community thank them for their services and wish them all the best in their roles as WAFL superstars.

Job Description:
Generally run around try hard, do some good things that rarely get noticed but stuff up with enough regularity to cause audible groans that can be heard from the International Space Station.

Must have thick skin, be experienced enough that the 'new player' shine has worn off and just enough AFL ability to remain on a list long term but not too much to be ever considered a bona fide star.

Candidates with compromising pictures of Ross Lyon will be looked on most favourably as it will aid their dumbfounding weekly selection.

Note that any new candidate will be up against internal applicants including Ibbotson and Lee Spurr.

Please address all applications to Big Footy Melt Thread Inc.

Last edited:

Yato

Senior List
Mar 27, 2006
AFL Club
Fremantle
Right now that's done, the team will need to fill this position. I wonder who will apply:

Position became vacant with the not totally unexpected but long overdue departure of experienced members DPearce, Suban and Dawson. Big Footy community thank them for their services and wish them all the best in their roles as WAFL superstars.

Inc.

Chris Mayne...... no wait...... mmmm

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle

Position became vacant with the not totally unexpected but long overdue departure of experienced members DPearce, Suban, Sutcliffe and Dawson. Big Footy community thank them for their services and wish them all the best in their roles as WAFL superstars.

Job Description:
Generally run around try hard, do some good things that rarely get noticed but stuff up with enough regularity to audibly cause groans that can be heard from the International Space Station.

Must have thick skin, be experienced enough that the 'new player' shine has worn off and just enough AFL ability to remain on a list long term but not too much to be ever considered a bona fide star.

Candidates with compromising pictures of Ross Lyon will be looked on most favourably as it will aid their dumbfounding weekly selection.

Note that any new candidate will be up against internal applicants including Ibbotson and Lee Spurr.

EFA

May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal

Job Description:
Generally run around try hard, do some good things that rarely get noticed but stuff up with enough regularity to audibly cause groans that can be heard from the International Space Station.

kersten.jpg

couldhavebeen

Premiership Player
Jun 6, 2012
success
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth lyncs

Job Description:

Sheridan put his hand up but Spurr knocked it down .

Jul 15, 2007
Too far from my bed
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Patriots
I think we've moved off field.

Yeah, sorry should probably have posted in its own thread. I guess mods can move or delete or ban me ... 'tis the season to cut the old try-hards. :)

Righteo or Allikat ?

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle

Job Description:
Generally run around try hard, do some good things that rarely get noticed but stuff up with enough regularity to cause audible groans that can be heard from the International Space Station.

Come on down T. Sheridan

Wally Walpamur

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 23, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle

Job Description:

Can we have a poll?

Wally Walpamur

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 23, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
I like polls, give me some names and I'll make one.
Geez I'm not sure where to start, but I'll put forward a few names and I'll let you decide what to make of them:

Sheridan, Kersten, Sutcliffe, Clarke, Tabs, Ibbo, Spurr

Apr 7, 2010
West
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Brewers
Geez I'm not sure where to start, but I'll put forward a few names and I'll let you decide what to make of them:

We gave up pick 3, THREE!!! for what was essentially Logue and McCarthy so I'd be remiss in not including them too.

Apr 7, 2010
West
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Brewers

I've decided to just include players from the team listed for round 3, as well as Matt Taberner. I found quite the smorgasbord of potentials.

Can edit it and include other names as we go along.

Marty Whitelaw

All Australian
Aug 27, 2014
Nedlands
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
West Perth Falcons, LA Clippers
I feel like someone needs to leap to the defence of poor old Kersten and I just remembered that I'm his buddy so perhaps it should be me! In fairness to him I feel that it's too early to make him the new whipping boy after only two games. It's not like he's lost us a preliminary final or anything.....Tommy!

Back