Coach Adam Simpson Megathread est. 2017 - Staying for 2024, Lyon’s Cryin’

Will Simpson be Head Coach at WCE in 2024

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wanted Simmo when Woosha went and was stoked when we got him.

But ever since the start of last year I haven't rated his work at all. Backing in Mackenzie from the start of last year was a mistake, going away from the defensive system that worked the year before. The whole Mitch Brown fiasco, that doesn't need any explanation. Supposedly we worked on wet weather football over the break but we overused it like mother ****ers today.

I'm standing up for Jetta too. Simpson has no idea how to use him. Doesn't throw him forward, just leaves him to jog around unsure of his own role. We have a weapon, bloody learn to utilise him.

Willie Rioli will be a huge inclusion, we need a crumbing forward.

Where's he at?

Used to be a big fan, but it's clear he doesn't know what the * he's doing. Hasn't done anything to deter the soft attitude we seem to have. Folded like a deck of cards today, deplorable wet weather skills. He's out of his depth.

Oh what complete and utter bullshit about Jetta, he doesn't use his line breaking abilities even when he has the chance most of the time, he doesn't work hard enough and he's had more average years of footy than good years throughout his career. He constantly misses easy tackles as well. He's just not that good often enough.

Otherwise, yes there are some coaching woes, but there's only so much you can do with an average team.

Last edited:
Good to see we're not over-reacting to a close road loss
Read the OP, I've had these concerns since the start of last year when he decided Mackenzie coming straight back in and changing our structures was a sound decision.

Good to see we're not over-reacting to a close road loss
Gameplan hasn't changed even though we were exposed numerous times in 2016...

Explain why M.Brown is picked? Why was Eric anywhere near this team Rnd 1?

I'm not throwing him under the bus, but I think we are allowed to ask a few questions?

Read the OP, I've had these concerns since the start of last year when he decided Mackenzie coming straight back in and changing our structures was a sound decision.
I wasn't actually referring to your post.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He came in preaching flexibility yet we don't see s**t on gameday. Also, his methods are being worked out consistently by other coaches now.
I think you'll see what Richmond just did to us, emulated from other sides.

Sides with new kids, that are quick, will profit.

Wanted Simmo when Woosha went and was stoked when we got him.

But ever since the start of last year I haven't rated his work at all. Backing in Mackenzie from the start of last year was a mistake, going away from the defensive system that worked the year before. The whole Mitch Brown fiasco, that doesn't need any explanation. Supposedly we worked on wet weather football over the break but we overused it like mother ****ers today.

I'm standing up for Jetta too. Simpson has no idea how to use him. Doesn't throw him forward, just leaves him to jog around unsure of his own role. We have a weapon, bloody learn to utilise him.

Willie Rioli will be a huge inclusion, we need a crumbing forward.

Where's he at?

Could you melt any more? You're a stick of butter in the microwave with 4 minutes spent on the timer. Jaysus.

Can we title this "The Melt Thread"?

Having said that, I don't disagree that we should have some discussion about the coaching. We are a soft team. We really are.

But that could be more about the playing group than the coach. Coaches provide the game plan and other instructions, but the leadership group should be setting the standards for aggression at the contest and the "how to go about it" on the field.

Need more tapping to advantage, shepherding after giving off a handball, and guts in the big moments.

Without intentionally singling him out, this is a game Darling could've grabbed by the scruff of the neck (while JK had to deal with one of the best fullbacks in Rance). He didn't. Where was his lead to Gov when Gov got the ball at CHB and ran through the middle? Why can a man of such immense physical strength and with good pace never seem to get space from his opponent?

There's a broader issue though than the lack of performance by "big game players" in those "big moments".

It's ground ball nous. We lack it. We severely lack it compared to about 8-10 other sides.

Last edited:
Time for a rebuild. Put Priddis and Mitchell out to pasture end season. Trade Darling and Ezy. Play the kids. We no win flag this yr.
Are you trying to be an idiot?

Kick straight and its a win. I agree though somewhat. Martin killed us. Needed to do something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back