List Mgmt. Fyfe - Signed until 2023!!

Remove this Banner Ad

electricfeel

Cancelled
Sep 21, 2008
AFL Club
Fremantle
Yes, the commentators just carried on clueless. Speaking of which **** I hate Basil commentating our games after watching the replay. Considered muting at one point. Whoever invents technology to turn off a particular person's voice on audio is going to make a fortune.
Why are all our best ever games commentated by ******* Basil. He makes our thrilling victories sound like a funeral.

Jan 18, 2002
A bay at Rotto
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Rottnest
Why are all our best ever games commentated by ******* Basil. He makes our thrilling victories sound like a funeral.

Basil in the box, Belly on the boundary.

Footy knowledge in the box = 2%, footy knowledge on the boundary = 100%.

Bloody third rate garlic muncher.

manpurple

Club Legend
Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
We will take him for nothing as a restricted free agent. With Bryce Gibbs, Dale Thomas and Liam Jones moving on or being delisted at the end of this season. The blues are going to have an extra 1.7 million in the salary cap to throw at Fyfe.
And we will be delisting about 7-9 mid to top priced players.
I see your 1.7 and match it. Given he is restricted there is no way that Fremantle does not match whatever people put on the table.

Sep 18, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Swan Districts Vancouver Canucks
Fyfe leaving Freo?

Yeah... nah
357540_1ef78a85e4fe478e17c7d25589f10f43.jpg

Wally Walpamur

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 23, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
At what price does Fyfe become too expensive for the club? Either $ or % of salary cap. Interesting that Hasleby said he wouldn't match $1.5 million a year but would match $1.2 million.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 25, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
At what price does Fyfe become too expensive for the club? Either $ or % of salary cap. Interesting that Hasleby said he wouldn't match $1.5 million a year but would match $1.2 million.

Ther is more money for salaries from next year as a consequence of the new tv deals. So the old 1 million/year golden ceiling has shifted upwards - but we don't know by how much.

But if Fyfe is going to re-sign with the club, it would be foolish to hoover up as much money as possible if he was serious about a flag. That's less money to retain other players or get trades in to the club.

G Mus

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 30, 2015
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Juventus
Ther is more money for salaries from next year as a consequence of the new tv deals. So the old 1 million/year golden ceiling has shifted upwards - but we don't know by how much.

But if Fyfe is going to re-sign with the club, it would be foolish to hoover up as much money as possible if he was serious about a flag. That's less money to retain other players or get trades in to the club.
I think wa clubs are getting flight concessions / travel fees exempt from the cap so there's extra money there too, it all depends how the contract is loaded too, nothing is flat these days and I'm pretty sure you can bank 5% from last year's cap if unspent too - I suspect we'll be in that category with the delistings

Apr 25, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
I think wa clubs are getting flight concessions / travel fees exempt from the cap so there's extra money there too, it all depends how the contract is loaded too, nothing is flat these days and I'm pretty sure you can bank 5% from last year's cap if unspent too - I suspect we'll be in that category with the delistings

Thanks, I didn't know about the flight concessions change.

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Cowboys, Packers, Scorchers
Wait, you mean on top of the disadvantage of constant travel we also had the added disadvantage of having to include the costs under our cap?

That's ludicrous, surely even the AFL couldn't blatantly tilt the playing field like that?

TheMcManusNose

Premiership Player
Apr 21, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Vancouver Canucks

Depends on our salary cap structure really. We don't have to match the exact structure of the deal, only the total dollar and term as far as I know. If we have a fair chunk in the cap in 2018 (which we may well do given the senior players who have and will come off the list) then we can front load a s**t load of it and keep rolling the space forward.

As the salary cap data isn't public everyone is really just spit-balling when they talk about dollar amounts.

freodog

Club Legend
Oct 15, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I have a really bad feeling about Hawthorn poaching Fyfe. They don't have a first round draft pick and would be eager to bounce back. They don't need draft picks for Free agency just money.

With Hodge, Gibson, Birchall & Burgoyne all probable to retire at the end of the year all on at least $500k each per year. That's at least $2m a year free.

And there is talk about Rosich becoming CEO at Hawthorn. I have a bad feeling we will get screwed :(

Belnakor

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 10, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle

there is no limit. If another club is willing to pay we are willing to match it.

who would value Fyfe more than us, when we see him every day? i'd give him 10 years at 1.2 mill a pop. Its working well with Buddy.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
there is no limit. If another club is willing to pay we are willing to match it.

who would value Fyfe more than us, when we see him every day? i'd give him 10 years at 1.2 mill a pop. Its working well with Buddy.
The other thing is that another club essentially has to offer more than what we will have available to entice him to move. If not then it is simply better for him to stay (financially speaking).

The big effect of other club's interest is to put as much pressure on us and our salary cap. The squeeze will be felt by the likes of Weller, Crozier, Tucker etc in a season or two.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back