Oppo Camp Ex-Cats Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 19, 2009
Canberra
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
ADFA Rams
Thought it might be an idea to have a thread dedicated to following the highs and lows of ex-Cats now playing for other clubs (but not add to the Steve Johnson debate - please place elsewhere).

To kick off...
Shane Kersten: 2 matches for 2 losses, 1 goal 1.
Nathan Vardy: 2 (consecutive!) matches, 2 wins, 1 goal.
Josh Caddy: 2 matches, 2 wins, 2 goals 3.

Anyone feel like we're missing these guys?

Thought it might be an idea to have a thread dedicated to following the highs and lows of ex-Cats now playing for other clubs (but not add to the Steve Johnson debate - please place elsewhere).

To kick off...

Nope

To kick off...

They said on the radio the other night that Vardy was really good. Didn't see the game though so I can't say for myself.
Oh yeah you forgot Billy. 16 possies I think. (Loss)

Yeh, Vardy's been playing a lot of minutes in the ruck which is not his preferred position but they got nothing else apart from Giles.

I wouldn't mind having Caddy over Blicavs right now to be honest.
More disposals, goals and clearances despite playing fewer minutes in the middle so far.

Yeh, Vardy's been playing a lot of minutes in the ruck which is not his preferred position but they got nothing else apart from Giles.

I wouldn't mind having Caddy over Blicavs right now to be honest.
More disposals, goals and clearances despite playing fewer minutes in the middle so far.
Agree. I don't think anyone on the Geelong Board seriously wanted to see Caddy go. Big bodied mids like him don't grow on trees

To kick off...

Smedts, Hamling, Walker and Christensen all having practically zero impact as well.

I'd have Zac Tuohy and a pick downgrade any day of the week over Smedts. Tuohy trade was a good one.
Oh s**t yeah. Don't get me wrong, the Tuohy trade will turn out to be a ripper for us. No issues with including Smedts as part of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Playing behind the ball in a bottom 3 side.

Interesting that his latest coach also clearly has no idea of Billie's best position.

Bolton only needed to jump on here for five minutes to get the inside word on where to play Smedts but it seems like he's got no idea either.

How could two AFL coaches both get it so wrong?

Interesting that his latest coach also clearly has no idea of Billie's best position.

Bolton only needed to jump on here for five minutes to get the inside word on where to play Smedts but it seems like he's got no idea either.

My consulting rates are very competitive. :)

I don't miss anyone we have traded out post GAJ. Maybe exception being SJ for half of last year.

Like above I reckon only Caddy would get a game for us next week but even then I don't think he'll improve any further so I'm ok with getting some currency for him.
Nothing against him, I really like him but at his age he's about as good as he's gunna get.

Because "Centre-Half-Bench" is not really an on-field position

Remove this Banner Ad

Back