Alex Wright (Norwood)

Jack Tuthill

North Launceston

Ins:

Outs:

Michael Stingel (Norwood)
Tom Bennett
Corey Nankervis

* will only add confirmed as there are obviously heaps of rumours out there.

* post here and I’ll add on

Last edited:
Interesting round yesterday on a very windy day.
At Lauderdale, North Launceston trailed by over five goals at quarter time kicking against the wind and ended up smashing Lauderdale by 61 points.
At the Twin Ovals, Kingborough, under the pump close to the start of the season led all day to defeat a Burnie side featuring nine debutants by 23 points in an upset.
Up at Devonport, the home side trailed all day and went down to a 34 point defeat to Launceston.
Have to say, looking at the vids posted on Youtube, the crowds all looked pretty dismal at each ground which is a shame for an opening round.

Last edited:
It already looks like North Launceston & Glenorchy with the rest making up the numbers this season. I hope its a bit more even than that, but it sort of looks that way.
The crowd at NHO was pretty fair I thought. The hill was reasonably well populated as It wasn't a bad night for a drink ;) The TV is always filmed from the hill so you dont see most of the people watching from the hill & the seats behind the coaching boxes.

You can read I trust.
Their seem to be a lot of 'incidents' their over the years.

Right, so when Thor Boscott got 4 weeks because Brady Jones knocked himself out trying to run through Phil Bellchambers, was that not at Blundstone arena?

Why do you have such a problem with Lauderdale, their coach and their ground?

Interesting to hear from some close TSL watchers on how you rate Tarryn Thomas compared to some of the other big Tassie prospects from the last decade to play in the TSL and how he stacks up?

Interesting to hear from some close TSL watchers on how you rate Tarryn Thomas compared to some of the other big Tassie prospects from the last decade to play in the TSL and how he stacks up?

He's a gun, dominates matches.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it correct that a NW club signed on players last season for $X but because they went over the salary cap then the players received a % of what was owing? Sounds very odd if true.

Is it correct that a NW club signed on players last season for $X but because they went over the salary cap then the players received a % of what was owing? Sounds very odd if true.
I think that is what happened from what I am hearing, very strange if it is true and even stranger if it was in the players contracts. I cant see how the club could get away with it if it wasn't in the contracts but I don't agree with it. If you promise a player a certain amount per game then that's what they should get.

I think that is what happened from what I am hearing, very strange if it is true and even stranger if it was in the players contracts. I cant see how the club could get away with it if it wasn't in the contracts but I don't agree with it. If you promise a player a certain amount per game then that's what they should get.[/QU
I think that is what happened from what I am hearing, very strange if it is true and even stranger if it was in the players contracts. I cant see how the club could get away with it if it wasn't in the contracts but I don't agree with it. If you promise a player a certain amount per game then that's what they should get.

Doesn

Doesnt the competition owner/operator ("new old mates') have a responsibility to vet contracts pre season to make sure this does not happen? Good governance of course, esp with new guns in-charge? Hang on, some clubs still have dispensations in 2017. why do thy bother?

Doesnt the competition owner/operator ("new old mates') have a responsibility to vet contracts pre season to make sure this does not happen? Good governance of course, esp with new guns in-charge? Hang on, some clubs still have dispensations in 2017. why do thy bother?
Who said the contracts Burnie made were the same ones they sent to ADLTas?
Nothing will happen. Burnie can do what they like.

Yay! Finally a win to NHCFC. I like the way they are going about it. Still miles to go to get up to NL & Glenorchy level.
Given AFLTas mismanagement of Tasmanian football, Im not sure how much longer clubs will keep going with this TSL. It needs rationalisation to 8 teams & better funding. Now the clubs have to find volunteers & money to run ladies teams. Meanwhile their are more employed in Head office & they achieve????

Agreed MM, local managers need to do something and soon. Whether head office interested remains to be seen, priorities to be more resources to Mariners and focus on AFLW team for Tassie.
Rostering games at places like Qboro are poor choices, not well thought out by club (appease some old boys, tick) or AFLTas (yeah whatever, tick).

I watched the live stream at Queenborough for awhile there, geez the crowd was almost non-existent. Were there many in front of the old Sandy Bay enclosure? Terraces were near empty from what I could see.

I watched the live stream at Queenborough for awhile there, geez the crowd was almost non-existent. Were there many in front of the old Sandy Bay enclosure? Terraces were near empty from what I could see.
Glad to see the crowd was poor all part of the current Hobart Chity non elected Board to have a quasi-merge with the Dead body of SBFC, heck even the jumper has more Blue and White than Red and Blue.

Why else move your home game to Queenborough? crap venue even in the TFL days in the 1980 they walked away from the stink hole. Better of playing up the coast at "Bunna or Hootville" than the six klm to the the old home of RM Williams boots and moleskins.......silvertail

Glad to see the crowd was poor all part of the current Hobart Chity non elected Board to have a quasi-merge with the Dead body of SBFC, heck even the jumper has more Blue and White than Red and Blue.

Why else move your home game to Queenborough? crap venue even in the TFL days in the 1980 they walked away from the stink hole. Better of playing up the coast at "Bunna or Hootville" than the six klm to the the old home of RM Williams boots and moleskins.......silvertail

Did you go to st virgils or something
I never disliked Sandy Bay. They were rarely a challenge except for a while in the 1970s.
Queenborough though is & always was a pig hole if a footballground.

Yay! Finally a win to NHCFC. I like the way they are going about it. Still miles to go to get up to NL & Glenorchy level.
Given AFLTas mismanagement of Tasmanian football, Im not sure how much longer clubs will keep going with this TSL. It needs rationalisation to 8 teams & better funding. Now the clubs have to find volunteers & money to run ladies teams. Meanwhile their are more employed in Head office & they achieve????
What was the game like ? The Dockers had a good win the week before with a very young side but then lost 4 players to the Mariners and another 2 to local leagues who went back to their original clubs (both these boys played really well last week). With Proctor pulling out on the day of the game with a knee injury I didn't expect them to get as close to Hobart City as they did. I didn't realise AFL Tas were live streaming the game and would have watched it for sure if I had of known. It may have been advertised but I certainly didn't see it anywhere. What's the point of live streaming if they don't tell anybody ?

What was the game like ? The Dockers had a good win the week before with a very young side but then lost 4 players to the Mariners and another 2 to local leagues who went back to their original clubs (both these boys played really well last week). With Proctor pulling out on the day of the game with a knee injury I didn't expect them to get as close to Hobart City as they did. I didn't realise AFL Tas were live streaming the game and would have watched it for sure if I had of known. It may have been advertised but I certainly didn't see it anywhere. What's the point of live streaming if they don't tell anybody ?

I couldn't go. I'm not real keen to go to Queenborough anyway. I went last year & think its a waste of time. NHCFC were unlucky not to beat Kingston Tigers the week before. I went down & thought the Tigers looked the better team except they were poor in front of goal. NHCFC showed a lot of guts to keep at it & nearly pinch it at the end.

Did you go to st virgils or something
I never disliked Sandy Bay. They were rarely a challenge except for a while in the 1970s.
Queenborough though is & always was a pig hole if a footballground.
1976 1977 1978 @ Cosgrove High and our PE Teacher Sandy Bay Coach Paul Sproule

Remove this Banner Ad

Back