DudleyDocker

Cancelled
Oct 3, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
NE Patriots
Brady is Zoolander level really really ridiculously good looking ;)

Of course the photos were of the kids. The marketing dept monitors social media. Fans were at bursting point with frustration over the continued playing of rusted on stalwarts despite terrible results. I've never seen so many people across all platforms saying they were sick of watching the boring crap we were dishing up as evidenced by a 20k crowd on Saturday night.

Hopefully the wheel has turned.
It was certainly down, but let's not overstate it...

Official crowd: 28,865 at Domain Stadium.

That's only about 5k less than normal and against a team with a small following in WA.

Crippa

Club Legend
Aug 2, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
Of course the photos were of the kids. The marketing dept monitors social media. Fans were at bursting point with frustration over the continued playing of rusted on stalwarts despite terrible results. I've never seen so many people across all platforms saying they were sick of watching the boring crap we were dishing up as evidenced by a 20k crowd on Saturday night.

If the marketing dept really determined what photos get posted from training based on fan preferences expressed on social media in a bid to lift crowd attendance, they'd hardly be posting a photo of Zac Dawson outmarking Sunshine juxtaposed against a photo of Sam Collins being outmarked by an 18 year old.

E Shed

Fremantle Obsessive
Sep 10, 2006
Perth WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
A crowd in the 20's I should have said, I didn't know the exact number just it started with 20. Still not a ringing a endorsement of the stuff dished up in the first 2 rounds.
If the marketing dept really determined what photos get posted from training based on fan preferences expressed on social media in a bid to lift crowd attendance, they'd hardly be posting a photo of Zac Dawson outmarking Sunshine juxtaposed against a photo of Sam Collins being outmarked by an 18 year old.
I'm not sure what you're saying.
Are you saying the marketing/media dept don't get any say in how the club presents itself online?
Or that they don't pay any attention to the feedback they get through social media channels?
Or its just a coincidence we had a our first win of the year playing kids and these are the same players that were just randomly used in almost all the photos?
Or all these things.
As much as traditionalists might not like it the club has to try and fill a 50,000+ seat stadium next year and selling an encouraging picture of the future direction of the playing list is one of the most powerful things they have to sell.
Of course they feature a few other players too.

wild side

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 29, 2010
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle

There is no doubt that 28 odd thousand were much happier with the performance, than the one dished up against geelong in round 1.
How many went to round 1 (34 odd thousand ??)

DudleyDocker

Cancelled
Oct 3, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
NE Patriots
There is no doubt that 28 odd thousand were much happier with the performance, than the one dished up against geelong in round 1.
How many went to round 1 (34 odd thousand ??)
34,638. We had a couple of games last year around the 30,000 mark too, but not sure if that was weather related. I want to see us getting back to a full stadium, and playing like we did on the weekend is a great start.

Crippa

Club Legend
Aug 2, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'm not sure what you're saying.
Are you saying the marketing/media dept don't get any say in how the club presents itself online?
Or that they don't pay any attention to the feedback they get through social media channels?
Or its just a coincidence we had a our first win of the year playing kids and these are the same players that were just randomly used in almost all the photos?
Or all these things.
As much as traditionalists might not like it the club has to try and fill a 50,000+ seat stadium next year and selling an encouraging picture of the future direction of the playing list is one of the most powerful things they have to sell.
Of course they feature a few other players too.

None of those things.

My point is that you don't need a marketing dept to tell you to post photos of the kids after the excitement machine revolution that occurred last Saturday. Conversely, if we did, then the marketing department should all be sacked immediately. Posting a photo of Zac Dawson taking a strong mark over Sunshine when he's the number one most detested player among Freo fans on social media is not sending the message you say they are sending - especially when it is juxtaposed against that uninspiring photo of Sam Collins: the very player those same fans are demanding should come in to replace Zac Dawson.

E Shed

Fremantle Obsessive
Sep 10, 2006
Perth WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
None of those things.

My point is that you don't need a marketing dept to tell you to post photos of the kids after the excitement machine revolution that occurred last Saturday. Conversely, if we did, then the marketing department should all be sacked immediately. Posting a photo of Zac Dawson taking a strong mark over Sunshine when he's the number one most detested player among Freo fans on social media is not sending the message you say they are sending - especially when it is juxtaposed against that uninspiring photo of Sam Collins: the very player those same fans are demanding should come in to replace Zac Dawson.
I'm not sure they think about it to quite the molecular level we do.
So who posts the social media photos if its not the marketing dept? Sorry if I'm being thick I just assumed the online side of thing would have been handled by a media/marketing dept as thats been my experience in the organisations I deal with. My GF does that role for a NGO music organisation and she's the one that posts all that stuff up after gigs. I just assumed it would be similar.

Crippa

Club Legend
Aug 2, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
So who posts the social media photos if its not the marketing dept? Sorry if I'm being thick I just assumed the online side of thing would have been handled by a media/marketing dept as thats been my experience in the organisations I deal with. My GF does that role for a NGO music organisation and she's the one that posts all that stuff up after gigs. I just assumed it would be similar.

The issue is not who posts those photos. The issue is that if the marketing dept were really so terrified by the recent social media hysteria then photos of Zac Dawson taking marks and Sam Collins failing to take them would be binned immediately without a moment's thought. Nobody minds photos of David Mundy. That's fine.

E Shed

Fremantle Obsessive
Sep 10, 2006
Perth WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
The issue is not who posts those photos. The issue is that if the marketing dept were really so terrified by the recent social media hysteria then photos of Zac Dawson taking marks and Sam Collins failing to take them would be binned immediately without a moment's thought. Nobody minds photos of David Mundy. That's fine.
Its an interesting pickup. I still think they notice the feedback they get from the various channels and tailor the message a bit but you're right, it doesn't fit. But like Ross I think they like to offer some comfort to those who've had their heads on the block. The overall message comes over loud and clear, here is the future.

Jan 14, 2008
AFL Club
Fremantle
Walters subjected to a fitness check early in the session and left the ground and headed into the medical rooms and didn't return. Tucker with the Peel guys and Pearce 2 bob each way with time spent with both groups. Apart from Sonny all looked bright and healthy. Tricky wind this morning so skills not A grade like last Thursday. Nyhuis and Duman both trained.

Last edited:

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Walters subjected to a fitness check early in the session and left the ground and headed into the medical rooms and didn't return. Tucker with the Peel guys and Pearce 2 bob each way with time spent with both groups. Apart from Sonny all looked bright and healthy. Tricky wind this morning so skills not A grade like last Thursday. Nyhuis and Duman both trained.
What impact do you think the wind there is going to have on training if any? I've heard (and seen from photos) that it is quite exposed, but I guess there is not anywhere as much wind in the mornings.

meima

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 5, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
D.pearce did train strongly if Walters fail fitness test.

Players expected to turn up for peel tommorow
1) suban
2)Dawson
3) Griffen ( not sure)
4) duman
5) nyhuis
6) Tabener
7) sean Darcy
8) stranadica
9) Cox (fitness test)
10) tucker
11)Collins

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
No-Country-for-Old-Men_Tommy-Lee-Jones_Josh-Brolin_Javier-Bardem_9.jpg

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle

Players expected to turn up for peel tommorow
1) suban
2)Dawson
3) Griffen ( not sure)
4) duman
5) nyhuis
6) Tabener
7) sean Darcy
8) stranadica
9) Cox (fitness test)
10) tucker
11)Collins