2nds 2017 - Peel Thunder

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty cool watching local footy again, haven't seen a wafl game for a decade.
Standard's not that bad really.

Bit of a spin seeing Tabs and Tucker in Peel colours though, they're less recognisable to me and I have to look harder.
Tucker shouldn't have been dropped, Tabs is still Tabs and it's good to be actually able to see the draftees for myself.

Tabs was mauled a bit early which is an area of weakness(too easily put off even though it's strictly illegal) when it's genuinely contested and I don't recall him in the ruck although he did have the ruckman's shinpad on;but overall a solid performance,running and competing right to the last.One or two of his marks showed really good judgement.
Collins was good all day,courage,judgement,spoiling,distribution he'll slot into the 1 seamlessly and take up where he left off.
Darcy Tucker went from strength to strength as the game went on.No idea what his DE was but his kicking at times was lofty.
Long and short kicks picking the best options and a couple over 40m were perfectly weighted and landing on a 10c piece to the receivers advantage and mincing Subi's defensive structures.Add the tackling to that and he's providing the selection pressure we're after.Will not have done him any harm at all.
Sean was just steady without being disappointing,Strnadica shows he's got enough to persist with and may end up being a real bargain.
Other than the late surge they were 2nd in most things to a well drilled outfit.Collins at times the boy with his fist in the dike.
Off to watch the WAFLers play the Premiers in a bit.

Not really happy today for peel , with freo win more players I don't like play for peel . :'(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tucker's kicking skills were excellent but have noticed today (and in a couple of the WAFL finals) that he can get a bit fumbly with his hands trying to take possession of the ball when there's opposition players around. He doesn't look lightly framed, but he's probably built up his body very quickly and doesn't yet know how to impose himself in a contest.

Collins makes me think of those old fashioned backman of good character in days of yore. The ones that will lose a few contests here and there to a forward and then backs against the wall he will do the team lifting thing against the odds.

Taberner consistently plays stronger later in the games because he has endurance which his opponents can't sustain - but dropping marks is still a big issue Subiaco defenders got away with a lot borderline free kicks - pushing him under the ball as he was trying to mark. Not sure if its so much Tabs hands or that he doesn't protect his body in a contest or attack it hard enough.

Strnadica and Darcy, promising efforts. Subes tried hard but faded.

Thought Sutcliffe performed the best out of the Fremantle listed players. Less pressure saw him shine.

Last edited:
Tucker's kicking skills were excellent but have noticed today (and in a couple of the WAFL finals) that he can get a bit fumbly with his hands trying to take possession of the ball when there's opposition players around. He doesn't look lightly framed, but he's probably built up his body very quickly and doesn't yet know how to impose himself in a contest.

Collins makes me think of those old fashioned backman of good character in days of yore. The ones that will lose a few contests here and there to a forward and then backs against the wall he will do the team lifting thing against the odds.

Taberner consistently plays stronger later in the games because he has endurance which his opponents can't sustain - but dropping marks is still a big issue Subiaco defenders got away with a lot borderline free kicks - pushing him under the ball as he was trying to mark. Not sure if its so much Tabs hands or that he doesn't protect his body in a contest or attack it hard enough.

Strnadica and Darcy, promising efforts. Subes tried hard but faded.

Thought Sutcliffe performed the best out of the Fremantle listed players. Less pressure saw him shine.

So much this.

Additionally it could just be me but I noticed today when the ball was not in Peel's hands Strnadica looked a little lost (reminded of Natanui in his early days). He looks great in a marking contest and most certainly kicking for goal, but he won't get a game if he can't play two way footy; hopefully he can improve that area because overall he looks so much more a real deal KPF.

So much this.

Additionally it could just be me but I noticed today when the ball was not in Peel's hands Strnadica looked a little lost (reminded of Natanui in his early days). He looks great in a marking contest and most certainly kicking for goal, but he won't get a game if he can't play two way footy; hopefully he can improve that area because overall he looks so much more a real deal KPF.
Just a few game he got time like logue got to be patient. I will always pick him ahead of Tab based on his raw potential.

Just a few game he got time like logue got to be patient. I will always pick him ahead of Tab based on his raw potential.

Yes no doubt Meima - I would (pick him over Tab) too and I guess I am advocating patience with him as well.

B Taylin Duman ~ Zac Dawson ~ Benjamin Hancock
HB Cameron Sutcliffe ~ Sam Collins ~ Ryan Nyhuis
C Darcy Tucker ~ Nicholas Suban ~ Traye Bennell
HF Leroy Jetta ~ Luke Strnadica ~ Joshua Mathers
FF Bradley McGowan ~ Blair Bell ~ Gerald Ugle
R Sean Darcy ~ Brayden Lawler ~ Rory O'Brien

I/C Bradley Walsh, Corey Morris, Calvin Thorne, Alexander Bray

Plus 2 of DPearce, Taberner and Griffin. Hope Tabs plays to continue building.

Excited to see Duman and Nyhuis both back!

B Taylin Duman ~ Zac Dawson ~ Benjamin Hancock
HB Cameron Sutcliffe ~ Sam Collins ~ Ryan Nyhuis
C Darcy Tucker ~ Nicholas Suban ~ Traye Bennell
HF Leroy Jetta ~ Luke Strnadica ~ Joshua Mathers
FF Bradley McGowan ~ Blair Bell ~ Gerald Ugle
R Sean Darcy ~ Brayden Lawler ~ Rory O'Brien

I/C Bradley Walsh, Corey Morris, Calvin Thorne, Alexander Bray

Plus 2 of DPearce, Taberner and Griffin. Hope Tabs plays to continue building.

Excited to see Duman and Nyhuis both back!
West Perth win confirmed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back