meima

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 5, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
If Kersten have a bad one tomorrow, Taberner is straight in. 23 disposals, 7 marks and 3 goals to Tabs. Very very handy to have. Definitely not putting one foot wrong.
I actually like his game today , but those chest mark he should mark it in wafl ( small criticism) but will recommend him vs north Melbourne.

scon

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2009
western australia
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Long haired Champs.
If Kersten have a bad one tomorrow, Taberner is straight in. 23 disposals, 7 marks and 3 goals to Tabs. Very very handy to have. Definitely not putting one foot wrong.
He's a slow build our Tab but that was always anticipated and many of us have kept the faith.
It's almost like Silly Hilly, too nice to hurt anyone(despite the fact that if they had the same chance they'd snap you in half)!
Tabs requires a mongrel upgrade.
Then when you think about it Pav never really bothered about it.
He was scary good without it.

meima

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 5, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
He's a slow build our Tab but that was always anticipated and many of us have kept the faith.
It's almost like Silly Hilly, too nice to hurt anyone(despite the fact that if they had the same chance they'd snap you in half)!
Compare pav/s.hill with Tab you lost me here.

meima

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 5, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
Silly and Pav:champs without being nasty,arseholes.
Tabs:not a champ yet whose game might be improved with a bit of nasty.
Tab in my opinion is the most difficult player for match committee to select. He is a confident player but keep dropping easy mark in AFL and wafl will not help him .

WeaselWJ

All Australian
May 1, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Went to the game today and wasn't impressed. Poor game overall. Sutcliffe got it a bit and started the game in the centre square but threw it on the boot to turn it over too often for my liking. Taberner was OK but dropped a few he should've taken. Collins too slow, Dawson pretty good. Nyhuis a neat sort of small defender, reminds me of Nick Smith for Sydney.

Last edited:

DudleyDocker

Cancelled
Oct 3, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
NE Patriots
Tabs also spent some time in the ruck and was not terrible. He needs to learn to centre himself as he is too easily pushed off balance, but did compete OK. Will not hurt his chances of a recall if he keeps developing his ruck work.

Sweetback

Cancelled
Dec 23, 2014
Tabs also spent some time in the ruck and was not terrible. He needs to learn to centre himself as he is too easily pushed off balance, but did compete OK. Will not hurt his chances of a recall if he keeps developing his ruck work.
Is Hale still working with him one-on-one this year like last year? Any training watchers know?

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
Tabs definitely blew the gasket off the ball a few times when players didn't kick to him with him open, whereas they just bombed for goal. When he does have that lil mongrel, he actually excels. But seems to be too little.
You're right, Pav is notoriously quiet and hardly ever did chase players off the backline at times. Tabs needs to be backed in, and get given an extended run. Every time Freo tend to lose badly, he's often the immediate scapegoat. Frustrating, much like Tucker at the moment too.

meima

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 5, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
Tab will be good if he is not the focus point. I actually don't mind playing him as backmen/ winger in wafl as croz mention playing halfback improve his game. If he get beaten in wafl as a defender at least he learn how his opponent position as a forward .

scon

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2009
western australia
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Long haired Champs.
I've seen Tabs in fuqen hectares of space inside 50 and our mids or whoever bang it in to a triple teamed Pav.
He underestimates himself coz we underestimate him cos he underestimates himself.
We've got options now but my belief when we didn't was to tell him 'You've got 10 games.Talk us into it or talk yourself out of it!'

meima

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 5, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
I think I will get target many saying this, but what the hell freo keeping slow ruck men that can't mark the ball( griffin) second effort is pretty much none , injured ruckmen ( Clarke) for . clearly peel will not win back to back and the goal is to develop younger players . As much as is an alignment I rather one of sean Darcy or strnadica play reserve .

Crippa

Club Legend
Aug 2, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
I thought there was a bit of that last week as well.
I expected a much higher workrate and intensity.
Sure he'll get over it.
Hopefully the headknock causes no issues.

Snap!!
I'm talking about Sean!!:cool:

Poor bloke has an illness I just read about in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders. It's called "Absence of Grey-Balic-Hughes Syndrome" and apparently it's quite serious.

DudleyDocker

Cancelled
Oct 3, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
NE Patriots
Poor bloke has an illness I just read about in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders. It's called "Absence of Grey-Balic-Hughes Syndrome" and apparently it's quite serious.
I suffered a mild case of that myself today, had to leave the game at half time as the effects were making me quite nauseous.

meima

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 5, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
No love for croz- sher;).

Back