Score Graphics

Remove this Banner Ad

Not much of a tennis watcher, however is the current series (Hopman Cup?) produced by Seven? The scoreboard in the bottom left is different.

Looks like 7 are just using the international graphics for the tennis this season (which have had the same score graphics for about 10 years). Normally only the Hopman cup gets this treatment, but the Brisbane International also has been given this treatment too.

Looks like 7 are just using the international graphics for the tennis this season (which have had the same score graphics for about 10 years). Normally only the Hopman cup gets this treatment, but the Brisbane International also has been given this treatment too.
Yeah these graphics are the official tennis Australia graphics used since 2012. I honestly think they look great except for one thing, with widescreen today there is plenty of room to put in the full names. I want to see dimitrov v Simon. Not dim v sim.

Yeah these graphics are the official tennis Australia graphics used since 2012. I honestly think they look great except for one thing, with widescreen today there is plenty of room to put in the full names. I want to see dimitrov v Simon. Not dim v sim.

Agreed. We're the only Grand Slam that still uses abbreviations for our score bug.

Looks like Fox have updated the flags/triangles for the footy this season. Changed them from generic colours to have the jumper design in them. Unfortunately, they've given West Coast the tri-panel (and in the wrong order, too!) and Saints have a cross. Graphic designer must be stuck in 2001.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

crow28

I really should get around to resurrecting this website concept over the summer. I know you're passionate about it.

Was just trawling through some old flashbacks on YouTube and found one I hadn't seen before, the full time scorebug from Sports AFL Optus games.

Screen Shot 2016-11-07 at 5.23.40 pm.png

crow28

I really should get around to resurrecting this website concept over the summer. I know you're passionate about it.

Was just trawling through some old flashbacks on YouTube and found one I hadn't seen before, the full time scorebug from Sports AFL Optus games.

View attachment 308394

Clean, clear, crisp, concise.

I like it.

New TV deal starts next season doesn't it? Channel 7 have changed their graphics at the start of the last 2 new deals. Could perhaps see something new next season

crow28

View attachment 308394

Yes! I actually started compiling some more stuff a few months back to try and get it going again, but it didn't last long and dropped off my radar again. Keen to help out wherever I can.

Great find with that Optus Sport graphic! I've never seen it before either. Actually looks pretty decent!

New TV deal starts next season doesn't it? Channel 7 have changed their graphics at the start of the last 2 new deals. Could perhaps see something new next season

It's usually in line with their other sports graphics, which hasn't changed since the last deal started.

Unless they do a complete refresh next year. We'll know for sure during the tennis.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

[youtube]Z2xyTK3QQjI[/youtube]

RichoWAPT made this video showing them all minus Footscray and Sydney.

Hawthorn is the best one (saw it enough back then), as the Hawk looks cool and it incorporates it's theme song.

Geelong's just shows it's clacker to the viewer, Richmond's looks like a pointer dog, whilst North Melbourne's looks like a kangaroo with down syndrome.

West Coast's is cool, obviously like Collingwood's, while Essendon's has the added impact of flashing the entire screen black and red!

The initial video is not on YouTube anymore, but this version with Footscray and Sydney exists.

Fox Footy last night integrated their triangles into last night's coverage showing the viewer what direction the wind was heading.

Annoying graphic which could've been replaced with commentary of the breeze.

Fox Footy last night integrated their triangles into last night's coverage showing the viewer what direction the wind was heading.

It does looks a bit stupid. They've gone a bit too far with the whole triangle thing, I think.

I loved the 2007-11 Channel 10 scorebug with the dark blue/greyish colour.

Complemented with the 5 minute warning which started in 2002.

When they switched fonts from what looked like Futura to FF Din, that's when I started becoming more interested.

Big percentage of audience in pubs don't hear commentary

Wonder if having a list of players on the bench permanently shown in bottom corner of the screen could work.
Would be a great tool for supercoach/dreamteam followers.

Wonder if having a list of players on the bench permanently shown in bottom corner of the screen could work.
Would be a great tool for supercoach/dreamteam followers.
They only just started doing that at the ground, so it might be a while before that happens.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back