Mega Thread Miscellaneous Freo Discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure firework smoke isn't great for you, but it's the sort of thing you'd need prolonged exposure to for it to be bad for you. It's no worse than sitting near a burning campfire. A few minutes every fortnight wouldn't hurt anyone.

I'm sure firework smoke isn't great for you, but it's the sort of thing you'd need prolonged exposure to for it to be bad for you. It's no worse than sitting near a burning campfire. A few minutes every fortnight wouldn't hurt anyone.

Neither will the odd f** once a fortnight but the club will come down hard on any player who tries it.

Neither will the odd f** once a fortnight but the club will come down hard on any player who tries it.

That's mostly because smoking **** makes you want to smoke more ****, and before you know it, you're smoking a pack a day and it's severely affecting your fitness. Standing around in fireworks smoke isn't as addictive.

That's mostly because smoking **** makes you want to smoke more ****, and before you know it, you're smoking a pack a day and it's severely affecting your fitness. Standing around in fireworks smoke isn't as addictive.

I take your point. However, even if it could be proved that a player had limited his **** to one a fortnight over a long period, any player who did that would be punished for failing to take his fitness seriously.

I take your point. However, even if it could be proved that a player had limited his **** to one a fortnight over a long period, any player who did that would be punished for failing to take his fitness seriously.

Plenty of AFL players have the odd f** now and again.

I like the drums at the start they bring onto the field with the pump up song but can they do better at making sure the drums are in timing with the beat? Otherwise it's terrible and we might as well not have them at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not about the addiction. My concern is the presence of metallic particles in the smoke that are bioreactive. If you're busting a lung running after a player, surely it can't be good breathing in that stuff.

He was emg last week V Dogs so he missed Peel's game V Subi and is the travelling emg V Demons so missed Peel V WP. Hoping real hard that Sony plays today and Pearce doesn't slide back into the side without tasting a few games at Peel.Tucker had another good game so hopefully he gets a call up next week if any changes before Pearce.

Despite popular BF opinion, Pearce played OK (and better than a lot who kept their spots) in the first couple of rounds. I'm happy with a move away from him to youth, but I also think he will get more games throughout the year. He is the perfect small to have as emergency. He can play a number of positions, his disposal and general game is better than average (once again despite BF opinion) and he will be OK without playing every week as a 31 year old. If Walters misses, then DP is a cromulent replacement.

The vitriol aimed at him is ridiculous.

Despite popular BF opinion, Pearce played OK (and better than a lot who kept their spots) in the first couple of rounds. I'm happy with a move away from him to youth, but I also think he will get more games throughout the year. He is the perfect small to have as emergency. He can play a number of positions, his disposal and general game is better than average (once again despite BF opinion) and he will be OK without playing every week as a 31 year old. If Walters misses, then DP is a cromulent replacement.

The vitriol aimed at him is ridiculous.
I think you are being a little kind to Danyle and harsh on us supporters. I was on board the DP train when he first came over and I thought he would bring a lot to the team. But I have been somewhat disappointed over the years. When we had the 3 Pearces in the team, Danyle was dubbed "20m-Pearce" as that was about the distance you could rely on him to hit a target. Anything more and it would end up in opposition hands or OOB. I think he looked good in the first couple of games because everyone else looked like crap; it's not like DP stepped up.

Don't hate the guy and if he is given another opportunity in the team then I hope he kills it and makes me eat my words. Like you I am happy that a youngster is getting ago instead and am happy to have him as an emergency until someone else steps up to take his place.

If he not really happy to play for peel , I am happy for him to be an emergency as long as possible. Too good for wafl . Dawson and griffin already pass it in wafl . one don't want to play ressies and the other don't have the speed .

Despite popular BF opinion, Pearce played OK (and better than a lot who kept their spots) in the first couple of rounds.
Well he was dropped, so I don't think he did that well according to the coaches ;) I think most have valid criticism of Danyle - his inside 50 entries. Did you see how improved the ratio of shots on goal to inside 50 entries was last week? I hope he has to go back to Peel to work on that because it's very important. All the hard work winning the ball and transitioning to get an i50 entry can not only be undone with poor i50 delivery but can hurt you majorly on the rebound - like both Geelong and Port did against us in Rds 1 & 2. If he comes back in without any WAFL time I'll personally be disappointed (the only exception being due to an injury).

It's not about the addiction. My concern is the presence of metallic particles in the smoke that are bioreactive. If you're busting a lung running after a player, surely it can't be good breathing in that stuff.

In that case see my original comment

He was emg last week V Dogs so he missed Peel's game V Subi and is the travelling emg V Demons so missed Peel V WP. Hoping real hard that Sony plays today and Pearce doesn't slide back into the side without tasting a few games at Peel.Tucker had another good game so hopefully he gets a call up next week if any changes before Pearce.
I don't know which game you were at yesterday or were you relying on stats but I was at the Peel game with salim malik sitting in the members stand. We thought that no one from the Dockers player in the Peel team did enough to warrant elevation next week. Peel I understand also has a bye next week giving Subes and Sean Darcy time to recover from head knocks..

If he not really happy to play for peel , I am happy for him to be an emergency as long as possible. Too good for wafl . Dawson and griffin already pass it in wafl . one don't want to play ressies and the other don't have the speed .

Think you are being a little tough on Dawson if you think he is not prepared to play reserves.

It was very clear from Ross that Dawson understood his role this year was potentially depth, then A Pearce injured himself and an opportunity arose.

I don't think Dawson is going to look like a champion in any grade because his sole role is a stopper. He is not ever going to dominate a game or get a lot of possessions whatever the level.

I don't know which game you were at yesterday or were you relying on stats but I was at the Peel game with salim malik sitting in the members stand. We thought that no one from the Dockers player in the Peel team did enough to warrant elevation next week. Peel I understand also has a bye next week giving Subes and Sean Darcy time to recover from head knocks..
Well the The West said the Docker listed players seem disinterested!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back