List Mgmt. Ross Lyon - Sacked

Is Ross still the man for the job?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Just a question have the freo media team gone on holidays or did ross not do his weekly mid week press conference i havent seen one pop up on the app yet for this week.

Just a question have the freo media team gone on holidays or did ross not do his weekly mid week press conference i havent seen one pop up on the app yet for this week.

People on Twitter bombarded the club with requests to post it but to no avail so I'm guessing they popped off on their Easter vac early. There are snippets of the video and transcript here. He talks about Paul Ross ringing him too.

https://thewest.com.au/sport/afl/unchanged-dockers-to-reward-youth-ng-b88446090z

I'm certainly enjoying our willingness to take more risks with our kicks. Yes it can lead to turnovers, but it truly opens it up. What's scary is that the room for improvement seems endless, both with game development but also cohesion as a group.

Our midfield rotations and depth is what also has allowed us to load up late in games.

Tactically strong last week, good enough this week. Keeps changes up his sleeve, deploys them and the team has been good enough to pull them off and make him look good. I'm happy to have him as coach and am excited to see what he can do with the young team given leeway to build.

May those painfully slow switches across halfback be forever consigned to history. Automatically made us 5 goals better.
We still switched, but we're better at it, brad hill kicked a lot out from defence as well. They switched all last night as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We still switched, but we're better at it, brad hill kicked a lot out from defence as well. They switched all last night as well.

Yeah we're better but we're still not there yet. I hope they have a bit of a look at the way Melbourne were able to move the ball very quickly in the 2nd and the 4th. We're still a bit static when we decide to switch and often don't go quick enough. Or we go back rather than sideways and by the time the ball makes it to the other side the zone has shifted to cover it. Part of that is personnel (i.e. Hunt and Salem are very good) but it is also a bit of planning I think.

Quite a way back to second.
I wanted Neesham to have another year.

We've still got posters who regard Lyon as a fool/dimwit.
Unpharkinbelievable.
Lyon is fool not playing kids :D

Yeah we're better but we're still not there yet. I hope they have a bit of a look at the way Melbourne were able to move the ball very quickly in the 2nd and the 4th. We're still a bit static when we decide to switch and often don't go quick enough. Or we go back rather than sideways and by the time the ball makes it to the other side the zone has shifted to cover it. Part of that is personnel (i.e. Hunt and Salem are very good) but it is also a bit of planning I think.

Early on Melbourne seemed to shut down the short kick that worked so well for us against the Dogs, but then we just blasted through in the 3rd and deliberately slow in the last. Interesting to see how we rebound off the back next week.

May those painfully slow switches across halfback be forever consigned to history. Automatically made us 5 goals better.

The one that irritates me is when the first kick goes backwards, but then the second guy (often someone like Ibbo it must be said) hesitates in trying to hit up the guys leading out to the other side until it's too late, because they don't trust their skills to hit someone who 'only' has 5m on their opponent.

If you're going to do it, commit to the whole switch sequence. Otherwise it's just a pointless conceding of territory.

Well I, for one, am happy to eat humble pie.

I was despairing after the first two games that Lyon would never change. After seeing the promise of the young players last year I was incredulous that he would start the new saeson with the same old, same old.

The Port fiasco was the turning point. It was the kick up the arse that the club needed to have if any significant change was to happen.

And boy has the changed happened. All credit to Lyon and the coaching staff on the way they have turned the team around

Back