No Oppo Supporters The Positivity Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Positive for me is this Easter round 4 is the one I chose for the annual Freo trip to Melbourne. Saw a cracker on Good Friday, we have a win for the ages at the G and there's still more games to come.

I'm currently 6/6 in my tips and the weather's been brilliant.

Only downside is I've lost my voice after the game yesterday. Not worth melting over though. Heave ho

Are you mob shocked how dangerous Mundy was yesterday when resting forward?
Mundy looked like a forward who'd played up forward his whole career.

Mundy,Kersten & Cammy combining up forward,hope it's an ongoing set up.

He's not very quick on the lead. But McCarthy and Kersten are lightning quick. It's a very good balance. I prefer this Mundy / Fyfe forward combo than the resting ruck. It's like our resting ruck is averaging 4 goals a game.

I love the resting Midfielders in the forward line. Provides class and intensity.

Neale, Fyfe, Barlow, Mundy and Hill combined to kick 31 goals over the whole of last year.

This year the top 5 Midfielders of Mundy, Fyfe, Neale, Hill and Hill have kicked 19 goals in the first 4 games.

What a feeling to wake up to after that win!

Just analysing yesterday's game. We kicked 16 goals, but most impressively was the spread and having 10 goal kickers. Basically everyone who we'd hope to kick a goal did so.

Typically I think you'd want 6 goals between McCarthy, Walters and Kersten, 4 goals between Crozier, Grey and any 2 of our resting mids. Then ideally you'd want another 4 from somewhere and that somewhere is our other mids or wingers pushing forward like the Hill brothers or Weller and Langdon types.

14 goals probably becomes the new 12 with the rules and change in style. If we can regularly kick 14 we'll be in many games.

Where is the upside in our scoring going to come from? Apart from hoping McCarthy or Walters can kick bags. Well Bennell is clearly the ideal player that will make us a 2 goal a game better side if fully fit. Also possibly that mobile tall forward and second ruck (Apeness) or even Taberner.

What's 100% evident is that in the last 2 weeks we've had options forward of the ball. Sometimes we've butchered it, but at least we've had options.

He's not very quick on the lead. But McCarthy and Kersten are lightning quick. It's a very good balance. I prefer this Mundy / Fyfe forward combo than the resting ruck. It's like our resting ruck is averaging 4 goals a game.

The height of Fyfe/Mundy would be very worrying for opposition coaches,they both pretty much warrant an opposition key defender sitting on them.

I might be getting bit ahead of myself but are we finals bound if we can get a win against north next week?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Being at work, I listened to the first 3 quarters on radio. Robert Walls was very impressed with Cam McCarthy, he was really praising him, which was nice to hear.
I watched the final quarter on my phone in the crib room surrounded by Eagles supporters waiting for the choke..
RDO today, can't wait for the replay:thumbsu:

I might be getting bit ahead of myself but are we finals bound if we can get a win against north next week?

Those first 2 weeks have me a bit scarred, but after 4 games what were we actually hoping for pre-season?

Geelong at Subi - In our wildest dreams perhaps a win, but this was at best 40-60 always.
Port away - Always a loss
Dogs at Subi - Always a loss
Dees at the MCG - Always a loss

This is how I viewed it pre-season. 2-2 is by far a great start, 3-2 would be sublime!

It's not the actual wins that have me excited, it's the style.

Finals would be glorious, but realistically 8-10 wins would be a great platform for 2018 onwards.

Those first 2 weeks have me a bit scarred, but after 4 games what were we actually hoping for pre-season?

Geelong at Subi - In our wildest dreams perhaps a win, but this was at best 40-60 always.
Port away - Always a loss
Dogs at Subi - Always a loss
Dees at the MCG - Always a loss

This is how I viewed it pre-season. 2-2 is by far a great start, 3-2 would be sublime!

It's not the actual wins that have me excited, it's the style.

Finals would be glorious, but realistically 8-10 wins would be a great platform for 2018 onwards.

Yeah 8-10 wins is what I predicted before round 1. I tempered those expectations after Port but now I'm back thinking 8-10 wins. I reckon we'll be 3-2 next week but injuries are always on the horizon and some of the young blokes will tire in the back end of the season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What I've noticed is that the whole team seems to be enjoying their footy at the moment. They all seemed so pumped up after kicking goals.

The celebration after the siren went was awesome. You can see how hungry these guys are for success and they know that they have to perform or lose their spots.

It was sooooo good walking into work last night after the win. I strut around the place like a peacock with my feathers out. Only one coaster tried to ruin it with the "You guys were sooo lucky. Melbourne was the better team." I replied with "Like the Saints with you guys hey. But like you said last week 'good teams just find a way to win'."

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app

What I've noticed is that the whole team seems to be enjoying their footy at the moment. They all seemed so pumped up after kicking goals.

The celebration after the siren went was awesome. You can see how hungry these guys are for success and they know that they have to perform or lose their spots.

It was sooooo good walking into work last night after the win. I strut around the place like a peacock with my feathers out. Only one coaster tried to ruin it with the "You guys were sooo lucky. Melbourne was the better team." I replied with "Like the Saints with you guys hey. But like you said last week 'good teams just find a way to win'."

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yes! I just came to post this. This is a team that really wants to play footy, and is really enjoying and relishing the opportunity. And they're actually playing as a team too!
They took so long to get off the ground after the game yesterday, celebrating amongst themselves, then coming over to clap the crowd, and waiting for each other before walking off together.
I was so proud of it being stacks on Balic after his first goal! Everyone came over to celebrate!

501386.jpg

When we win it seems DanWA forgets to post here.

+ JoondalupJ gets more bitter.

The team is playing as a team, everyone having a dip.

Fyfe leading by example, Mundy back to his best ........ laconically cruising along giving his best.

I call it a positive, in that this week I will be not be asking for any changes. Logue, Grey, Balic & Crozier are doing all that is asked of them.

Kersten, gets an elephant stamp.

Yes! I just came to post this. This is a team that really wants to play footy, and is really enjoying and relishing the opportunity. And they're actually playing as a team too!
They took so long to get off the ground after the game yesterday, celebrating amongst themselves, then coming over to clap the crowd, and waiting for each other before walking off together.
I was so proud of it being stacks on Balic after his first goal! Everyone came over to celebrate!

501386.jpg
Look at Logue! Love it

On SM-T355Y using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back