No Oppo Supporters The Melt Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually I am going to have a melt - and it's not from yesterday's game.

We had a ******* terrible year last year - and the same team put the same s**t effort in for the first two games this year.

At the same time the kids worked their butts off in the WAFL - winning a bloody flag! And every time one of them gets dropped to the WAFL you hear about what a ridiculously good game they have e.g. Tucker last week.

So how entitled must the senior guys that got dropped last week be feeling when they're putting in the shithouse performances we've seen the last couple of weeks after putting in those same shithouse performances for over a year! They should be training and playing the ******* house down. If only they had the heart and the drive of our younger kids.

We had a ******* terrible year last year - and the same team put the same s**t effort in for the first two games this year.

At the same time the kids worked their butts off in the WAFL - winning a bloody flag! And every time one of them gets dropped to the WAFL you hear about what a ridiculously good game they have e.g. Tucker last week.

So how entitled must the senior guys that got dropped last week be feeling when they're putting in the shithouse performances we've seen the last couple of weeks after putting in those same shithouse performances for over a year! They should be training and playing the ******* house down. If only they had the heart and the drive of our younger kids.
The older guys who got dropped know their done. They know they've peaked and that this is the end for them. Barring injury most of them won't get back into the team and it's showing in their performances for Peel.

In short they have nothing to play for.

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hard to melt after two great wins, but I have one small gripe.

Reading the game day thread, it seems every time we start to lose momentum or make a few mistakes, we have people posting stuff like "Ross has reverted back to the old game plan again".

I honestly don't think he ever sends the runners out to the boys and says "OK, let's just stop running and start turning the ball over for old times' sake"!

There will be times when an opposition team gets a run on and we need to swing an extra defender in, if we didn't that would be seen as poor game day coaching, but we don't "switch game plans" on a quarter by quarter basis.

I don't believe Ross (and his team) are some geniuses who have everything planned down 6 moves ahead, but the development of our young players has been great - whether at Peel or in the AFL - and there is a definite switch in our game style from a more dour defense based game to a faster more attacking game which pretty much everyone has been calling for. Let's just back them in for now and see where it leads.

The older guys who got dropped know their done. They know they've peaked and that this is the end for them. Barring injury most of them won't get back into the team and it's showing in their performances for Peel.

In short they have nothing to play for.

But they shouldn't know that. They should be playing for their careers! Not just for the future, but for what Freo have given to them as a club. These guys played in our first ever grand final! They should be proud of that, and they should own that, and not finish their careers on a sour note - bitter because they've been dropped.
And injuries do happen. They're not out for the entire season. And experience is invaluable in depth players if we do lose one of our best 22. But why would we pick someone that doesn't even want to perform at WAFL level?

But they shouldn't know that. They should be playing for their careers! Not just for the future, but for what Freo have given to them as a club. These guys played in our first ever grand final! They should be proud of that, and they should own that, and not finish their careers on a sour note - bitter because they've been dropped.
And injuries do happen. They're not out for the entire season. And experience is invaluable in depth players if we do lose one of our best 22. But why would we pick someone that doesn't even want to perform at WAFL level?
Haha, can you imagine the melts on here if for ANY reason Suban or Dawson get another game at Freo???

Haha, can you imagine the melts on here if for ANY reason Suban or Dawson get another game at Freo???
Honestly, if a couple of our experienced defenders go down, Dawson coming back in isn't the worst idea.

I agree with you but from outside perception they just aren't cutting the mustard anymore. They know Freo has gone with youth and that the youth are delivering. They aren't the future of the club and will always be the second choice now and I reckon that realisation has hit home hard.

Some people respond to adversity and rise above while others sink and drown.
I'm hoping for some passion because at some point we will need these guys.

I agree with you but from outside perception they just aren't cutting the mustard anymore. They know Freo has gone with youth and that the youth are delivering. They aren't the future of the club and will always be the second choice now and I reckon that realisation has hit home hard.

Some people respond to adversity and rise above while others sink and drown.
I'm hoping for some passion because at some point we will need these guys.

The problem really is suban already won a wafl flag . There is nothing for him to play for in lower division. As for Dawson his style of play need his teammate to know when he is going to handball . Put him around peel local boys the chemistry just not there like macca ,MJ ,duffied .

What Alikat said.
If they are not getting back into the seniors team, it's not because of their age but their defeated attitude.
Imagine our players hanging their heads in defeat after falling behind with 2 minutes to go yesterday!!??
Giving up when the going gets tough is a sure way not to get selected into a Ross Lyon team.
If they put in a good effort even if we don't renew them they will still be picked up by another team i.e. DeBoar, Barlow, Mzungu....,Crowley.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Damnit, we're doing too well!

Only half joking, I'm enjoying the wins, but we soon need to be replacing the likes of Johno and Mundy - and our extra big achilles in Sandi. That's without targeting areas of need (oh for a skilled monster sized forward)

Sandi will necessitate a trade for someone mature to get us through (Spencer from yesterday's match anyone?).

But for drafting, our future requires some more top end injection of talent to chase a flag. Otherwise we'll be hovering around the eight, not good enough for a flag - but not bad enough to improve the list enough for future flag chances.

As I said to a mate yesterday - the kids playing at Peel won a premiership in 2016. The same old-same old players in the firsts delivered us a 4 win season. The kids playing at Peel won the first few games of 2017. The same old-same old delivered us a s**t-truck start to the season. Swap them over - play the kids in Freo and *BOOM* two gutsy wins against more fancied opponents. The same old-same old go back to Peel and look at them slide. Funny that.

I haven't seen anything beyond "refused cos he'd had a few". Was he abusive or anything? If he was a 20 year old refused just for having a few, it's not great but no hanging offence.

On the other hand, if was abusive... that's different.

I haven't seen anything beyond "refused cos he'd had a few". Was he abusive or anything? If he was a 20 year old refused just for having a few, it's not great but no hanging offence.

On the other hand, if was abusive... that's different.

Now that Ross has changed his tune and we don't have to sack him the club has probably used that money to pay off Virgin so they stay quiet about the incident.

Ross said we had to sack him.
Then we bribed Virgin staff so we didn't have to.
What Channel are you watching??

1. Ross changed his tune and started playing kids in the last couple of weeks
  2. We don't have to sack Ross any more and pay him out
  3. That money could have been used to bribe Virgin staff re:Bennell
The post was clearly tongue in cheek, maybe I should have used a disclaimer?

I don't think Bennell will ever take the field in Freo' colours at this rate. Sad but FFS it's one issue after another (and yes the afl website are *******s)

Kicked off a plane for being pissed is not good enough especially considering the rebuild and the culture the club is trying to build around players.

I don't think Bennell will ever take the field in Freo' colours at this rate. Sad but FFS it's one issue after another (and yes the afl website are *******s)

Kicked off a plane for being pissed is not good enough especially considering the rebuild and the culture the club is trying to build around players.

And now whats the bet the rumours of him partying hard in rehab are true?

Smashing the D floor ain't going to help the calf recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back