2nds 2017 - Peel Thunder

Remove this Banner Ad

hopefully deluca ( Dracula) come back after the bye week .This peel team is not as good as last year team without bootsma.

Bootsma collins and silvagni look solid at the back in last year GF .

Is Darcy quick or just another slow lumbering type who rarely takes a contested mark, gets a kick, or scores a goal?
He's Sandi MkII. Except 8cm shorter.

Excellent tap work, big strong body.

He will help us win the clearances/stoppages like Sandi does. But around the ground... he's no Stef Martin, Heath Grundy.

I haven't seen him nearly enough but I think a few more preseason's working on his athletic abilities, speed and endurance and hopefully he turns into a Mumford type bullocking ruckman with the tap skills of Sandi.

I worry that sooner rather than later a few of these American rejects will start actually working out and slow lumbering ruckman will be left for dead.

I haven't got to as many training sessions this year, but from memory he is still doing some ruck / forward work with Hale. salim malik or DannyTheDoorman might be able to help.
Sweetback salim malik Hale did some additional work with Tabs in the pre-season mostly on his marking and kicking the ball at him hard to have him practice a soft hands technique but last season they did a lot of work together on body positioning and marking. Tabs has been involved with the Rucks from time to time in the past few weeks working on Ruck technique with the other Rucks with our Ruck Coach Simon Eastaugh. Tabs did well playing for Peel today pushing up the ground and yes he missed holding a couple of marks but he got up the field to help out the backs when he was playing forward. In his time in the ruck the Peel time managed in their revival to kick a few goals from Tabs good work in the Ruck. He also kicked 3 goals today.

You would have to think the likes of tabener,tucker,sutcliffe will be first in line for freo after their performances. Tabener should be in the freo team. It's just who comes out that is the question.

Thanks Unique for your evaluation of Darcy. From memory I thought there were one or two athletic type ruckmen in the 18s Championships. Also missed the opportunity to draft one of the top quality mids last year. Maybe we are a decade or so behind game trends in our drafting.

Thanks Unique for your evaluation of Darcy. From memory I thought there were one or two athletic type ruckmen in the 18s Championships. Also missed the opportunity to draft one of the top quality mids last year. Maybe we are a decade or so behind game trends in our drafting.
Olango is very athletic with hawthorn academy now. Sean Darcy can be great if given time .

Peel are really suffering from losing their best Freo listed players to the senior side. Those that have replaced them in the WAFL clearly don't want to be there or are just sulking and don't give a stuff.

Peel just doesn't have any quality themselves other than Jetta, Ugle, Bell, plus an aging Rory O'Brien.

Subes was knocked out in the second quarter and didn't see the game out, whilst Sean Darcy seemed to do a hamstring early in the 3rd which meant that Taberner had to ruck. Tucker and Sutcliffe were both just average I thought.

hopefully deluca ( Dracula) come back after the bye week .This peel team is not as good as last year team without bootsma.

Bootsma collins and silvagni look solid at the back in last year GF .

Once Ryan and Duman get up to speed they'll make up for Bootsma

Having one too many tall defenders is more the problem.

Once Ryan and Duman get up to speed they'll make up for Bootsma

Having one too many tall defenders is more the problem.
I will move duman to the wing. Peel team just disoriented , I not sure I want to see a team make up of giant tall and slow to be honest. Griffin and possible Clarke should be gone this season instead of next season. You looking at giving two rookie players a pre season rather than wait another year. As for Dawson I hope he make up his decision if he dont want to play for peel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Olango is very athletic with hawthorn academy now. Sean Darcy can be great if given time .
Subiaco have a Sudanese kid playing in their colts team that not only has a great vertical leap but kicks with both feet and is very athletic .He is also very quick and reads the play quite well.

Subiaco have a Sudanese kid playing in their colts team that not only has a great vertical leap but kicks with both feet and is very athletic .He is also very quick and reads the play quite well.
Hey Coulda Have you told Loydy about him.

I afraid this year peel with the many tall playing will be peel turtle rather than peel thunder , need to send small tall to reserve.

Tab playy bloody good game for a losing side.

What do you make of this early post from John Townsend's twitter feed. Was this accurate about Taberner's performance early in the game?

He is a long time WAFL watcher and does a WAFL podcast each week for the West Australian. He's also a West Perth supporter.

West Perth had 80 more disposals at qtime. 80! Up by 21 pts over Peel with 11 freodockers .Mark Hamilton smashing Taberner #wafl

What do you make of this early post from John Townsend's twitter feed. Was this accurate about Taberner's performance early in the game?

He is a long time WAFL watcher and does a WAFL podcast each week for the West Australian. He's also a West Perth supporter.

West Perth had 80 more disposals at qtime. 80! Up by 21 pts over Peel with 11 freodockers .Mark Hamilton smashing Taberner #wafl
Taberner is getting better. Suban as usual putting his head in first.

Last edited:

Yet Taberner had most posessions for Freo at half time. While possessions aren't everything i wouldn't think you are getting smashed when you have more than 10 possessions in a half as a key forward. Springer Townsend is definitely a member of the West Coast Australian journalist squad.

44b2pfz.png

bQQD2LF.png

Anyone have any idea what is the age limit for peel reserve. The reason asking this question

1) balic and apeness play some reserves last season
2) currently peel senior playing too tall and slow
3) opportunity to learn and grow diminish for development players if mid/ wing is slow or can't get the ball due to tall.
4) would it be good for stranadica and sean Darcy to play some match for peel reserve if short term they are not up for selection when Griffin and Tab not in best 22 for freo. ( If playing too tall weaker peel mid due to tall selection)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back