Welcome Shane Kersten - Welcome to Freo!

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't he extend his contract to 2019 last year? He would've been coming out of contract this year, but pretty sure he signed on for an extra 2 years late last year. Unfortunately.
Think we had a crack at Lobb and Hogan and both were signed up? Or does Lobb come out of contract this year?

Our 4 recruits have all shown enough to suggest they were great pick ups for what we gave up.

Kersten and Hamling were both bargain basement prices. McCarthy was always a potential great pick up and early signs are he'll be a great pick up. Been pleasantly surprised at Brad Hill. Was fearing a Jetta type home coming, but he has in my mind been one of our consistent best players.
He did sign a two year extension last season, however, if they want to keep the likes of Hopper and Kelly (and they've just resigned Shiel) they may look to free up some cap space and let go of a player they are well stocked. Just a thought.

Brad Hill was still contracted and we got him for a second rounder.

He did sign a two year extension last season, however, if they want to keep the likes of Hopper and Kelly (and they've just resigned Shiel) they may look to free up some cap space and let go of a player they are well stocked. Just a thought.

True - but GWS are w***ers to deal with and Hawthorn were chucking everyone out the door at bargain basement prices.

edit: W*nk*r is on the swear list?? Pretty tame IMO. :huh:

I want Jack Martin.
Rory Lobb hopefully has an 'ok' year and we can launch at him.

I back our recruitment department. If freo can get WA players in reasonable price no problem , if not draft is the way to go . Sometime high price recruit can destabilise the squad .

Take it to the trade thread people!

So that Kersten hey? I think he just needed some confidence to get playing the way he is now.
I was sitting right behind where his kickout was, and you could see his confidence drop before he kicked it - and he completely fudged it.

That handball and spoil tho!! Can see him bagging at least 25 goals this year.

The synergy was noticeable with Cam. They were feeding off each other. He really looks like he is enjoying his footy with us. He will only get better as he gels with the boys. The best part about getting Kersten and the other boys is that the MCG was a second home to them. Kersten, B.Hill and Hamling have probably played there more in one season than our combined squad in their entire careers.

Bodes well for us to have big game players as we restump, rewire and so forth.

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app

The big handball was ok. But he did a couple of excellent hand passes to advantage earlier in the game that lead to goals. So well weighted that the other player didn't have to break stride. Annoys me when others miss by hand or make their team mate stop in their tracks
Sandilands is one of the main offenders with the s**t handball, does atleast two a game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I said it in another thread but I want Lobb. GWS have players coming out of contract, pressure on their salary cap and plenty of talls.
He would have a great impact for us. I know nothing about him, but Cameron Loesch is a tall forward/ruck coming out of contract, from WA.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back