Opinion Dockers Supercoach & Fantasy Footy Discussion 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's Balic's job security like? Tossing up between him and Will Hayward for a forward downgrade.

I would be frustrated (as a Freo supporter) if he didn't play at least 15 games this season (barring terrible form). As a general rule, but based on yesterday in particular!

Hi Everyone!

Lachie Neale didn't attend a single centre bounce in that 1st half vs Melbourne, YES he scored 140 SC but I don't think we can count on him to have a 90+ point 3rd quarter every week :S (He was only on 32 at Half Time).

Please tell me Ross's plan to play him forward is temporary :'(

Hi Everyone!

Lachie Neale didn't attend a single centre bounce in that 1st half vs Melbourne, YES he scored 140 SC but I don't think we can count on him to have a 90+ point 3rd quarter every week :S (He was only on 32 at Half Time).

Best we don't give any tactics away until after the derby :)

Hi Everyone!

Lachie's only spending a lot of time forward because he had such an interrupted pre-season and a lot of off-season surgery. He's too good in the mid to sit up forward all day.

Lachie's only spending a lot of time forward because he had such an interrupted pre-season and a lot of off-season surgery. He's too good in the mid to sit up forward all day.

Wow really?? I thought Ross wants him to spend more time in there to allow the younger guys to get more on-ball time?

So you reckon that he will grow into more and more time in midfield every game?

Wow really?? I thought Ross wants him to spend more time in there to allow the younger guys to get more on-ball time?

IMO he will go into the midfield more later in games when the whips are cracking, we have realised with our mid depth and the need to blood youngsters in the mid that Lachie is a good forward(always has been a good crumbing forward), so he Fyfe and Mundy will rotate there weekly, will probably depend on matchups and the like which players will spend more time forward in whatever round.

Definitely expect the youngsters to be rotating to the bench a lot more often then Fyfe, Neale and Mundy nowadays though

Difficult to say. He certainly won't be getting the same on ball time as last year given Fyfe and Balic are now in the mid rotation as well as Mundy, S.Hill and Blakely.

Get Cam in and I got Balic in for an upgrade. Had to put the great barlow man out, so downgraded to balic and upgraded barlow to sloan. Sweet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey how long is Balic out for? Minor injury or?
Club has not said anything officially other than hip. I saw him at training on Thursday and he didn't look bad, I suspect it's precautionary and would think he'll be back sooner rather than later.

Hope that helps.

Cam McCarthy?

Otherwise good work - Balic and Sloane :thumbsu:
Well it didn't happen. Somehow Barlow recovered from injury and Balic didn't play. Barlow killed it. I would have been spewing if I'd traded him out. Balic can wait.

Gday guys, how do you see Brad Hills job security and role? Dreamteam question here.

He has put out some respectable numbers across the last 4 weeks with a deviation of 83-109 across that period, vastly improving on his mediocre first up performance in round 1.

With the lack of forwards this year I am open to going for a POD or two down there and he is currently averaging 88 which is solid, but if he keeps this consistency up it could be low 90s perhaps?

He never averaged above 80 before at Hawthorn though, going in the 70s a few times, so that would be the risk with him. But he's at a new club, new style, so perhaps we'll see better numbers from him at Freo?

I feel there are too many forwards with the round 11 bye at the moment in Riewoldt, Dahlhaus, Macrae, Steele, Neal-Bullen, Buddy etc, so I'm looking at guys like Hill, Tom Lynch (Adelaide), Jeremy Cameron and Elliot Yeo instead to be a future F5-6 type.

Gday guys, how do you see Brad Hills job security and role? Dreamteam question here.

He has put out some respectable numbers across the last 4 weeks with a deviation of 83-109 across that period, vastly improving on his mediocre first up performance in round 1.

With the lack of forwards this year I am open to going for a POD or two down there and he is currently averaging 88 which is solid, but if he keeps this consistency up it could be low 90s perhaps?

He never averaged above 80 before at Hawthorn though, going in the 70s a few times, so that would be the risk with him. But he's at a new club, new style, so perhaps we'll see better numbers from him at Freo?

I feel there are too many forwards with the round 11 bye at the moment in Riewoldt, Dahlhaus, Macrae, Steele, Neal-Bullen, Buddy etc, so I'm looking at guys like Hill, Tom Lynch (Adelaide), Jeremy Cameron and Elliot Yeo instead to be a future F5-6 type.
He won't be dropped at all so safe for that, plays a critical role in our ball movement and is an absolute workhorse, will continue to do his gut running and his scores will just depend on if we can hit him with our kicks, I expect him to stay around about where he is averaging at the moment.

I concur with freo_leo29. Only issue is whether Stephen Hill being out for 3-4 weeks would impact his scoring somewhat since they had great chemistry together. But for the dearth of non-Round 11 options you could do much worse.

He's a nice POD but probably wont average enough over the year to be worth it. I'd consider one of the names you've mentioned.

What's the story with Walters so far? He's down on last season's form. Do you guys think he's working into it or is there something changed with his role in the side?
minor injury/niggle nearly missed a game a couple weeks back

expect him to either pick up on form or miss a week with injury sometime coming up

Hi gals and guys. Just wondering what everyone thinks Balic's job security is like? Will he be in or out, or is he expected to have and extended run at it?

Hi gals and guys. Just wondering what everyone thinks Balic's job security is like? Will he be in or out, or is he expected to have and extended run at it?

Team selection was telling today, Balic coming in for Steve Hill when in the past we'd have gone with Danyle Pearce or Suban or Sutcliffe. IMO he'll stay in. Hilly out for 3-4 weeks so at the very least he has about a month to cement his spot in the team, which I think he will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back