2017 - Non Yeo Discussion (Formerly Non Freo Discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can't lose next week
But we ourselves face a bit of a danger game for me. Can't see us losing to North at home based on how we played last two weeks, but they will be desperate for a win and we will have to keep it up...

Hawthorn are finally terrible and I can't even enjoy it because the Saints are looking at pick #1 thanks to it.
Not a fan of those future pick trading. Makes getting a pick even more a gamble...

Hawthorn are finally terrible and I can't even enjoy it because the Saints are looking at pick #1 thanks to it.
Nah maybe pick 3 like freo last year. The upside for them is they know they are having what freo had last season and start to pump game into their VFL players for chemistry loh. Gibson type of ageing players must go now .

Billy must be glad he's out of Hawthorn. Wonder what Titch and O'Meara are thinking right now? Titch gave up success for $ and O'Meara is just whipped still playing in a side that is looking like being flogged for the length of his contract.

Hahhahahaha , finally the fall of an empire. 5 year rebuild loh .

Billy must be glad he's out of Hawthorn. Wonder what Titch and O'Meara are thinking right now? Titch gave up success for $ and O'Meara is just whipped still playing in a side that is looking like being flogged for the length of his contract.
Like I said the slower hawthorn realise they had an ageing list the better for freo .

Hahhahahaha , finally the fall of an empire. 5 year rebuild loh .

You reckon that's funny.

Hawks fans in their game day thread were having a go at the umpires and on the first page of the autopsy, someone put in #freekickgeelong

The funny thing.....the Hawks had more free kicks than Geelong :D

It couldn't happen to a more deserving group of supporters. I hate them as much as I hate West Perth supporters. A mob of bandwaggoners.
The best thing is when all their fair weather fans drop off, they will be in prime position to move to Tasmania permanently.
The Tassie Hawks. Substitute gold for green. Everyone dressed as an apple tree.

I don't know...if it meant you had to bottom out and play like absolute s**t but won 3 premierships in a row I'd probs take it..
Yeah but we have had to put up with Hawks supporters thinking they have superior knowledge of football for the past half a decade. I think the supporters of all other 17 clubs are entitled to serve it up a bit now they are bottoming out. Clarkson did inherit an incredible list. I hope they get the same treatment we did last year - with questions about developing youth etc. And also interesting if plenty start jumping ship.

Yeah but we have had to put up with Hawks supporters thinking they have superior knowledge of football for the past half a decade. I think the supporters of all other 17 clubs are entitled to serve it up a bit now they are bottoming out. Clarkson did inherit an incredible list. I hope they get the same treatment we did last year - with questions about developing youth etc. And also interesting if plenty start jumping ship.
Wont happen the media fawn over hawthorn so much , we always were the ugly duckling

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know...if it meant you had to bottom out and play like absolute s**t but won 3 premierships in a row I'd probs take it..

I hate that they won one of them (2013) at the expense of us, and we were pretty much robbed. Let's put down 2015 there as well. It's hard not to feel a touch of schadenfreude at their rapid fall after all the crap their supporters heaped on us last year during the Owen run about how Ross Lyon runs down teams and that we were looking at years in the wilderness and that they would go on and win forever.

Clarkson built that list from the ground up. They did well with trading deals with Fremantle, North Melbourne and Essendon, used their high draft picks wisely and then topped up with players keen to join a successful team.

There should be no questions on his ability to rebuild. But yes, I agree that they may not be such a destination club anymore.

How the heck Menegola never got a game with us is astounding.

Instead we're stuck with a man made of glass.

I hate that they won one of them (2013) at the expense of us, and we were pretty much robbed. Let's put down 2015 there as well. It's hard not to feel a touch of schadenfreude at their rapid fall after all the crap their supporters heaped on us last year during the Owen run about how Ross Lyon runs down teams and that we were looking at years in the wilderness and that they would go on and win forever.
Yes it does suck they won one on us. Don't get me wrong I do enjoy watching their downfall, but I guess we are so desperate for a premiership they would probs be the team I trade places with!

We had to put up with them right until round 1. They're the only ones that couldn't see their list was s**t, they mortgaged their future on two average/good midfielders and we're adamant they'd just keep topping up on free agents. Not a very attractive destination and I hope they do a Brisbane and keep trading away their future for the now. Good riddance I say.

Clarkson built that list from the ground up. They did well with trading deals with Fremantle, North Melbourne and Essendon, used their high draft picks wisely and then topped up with players keen to join a successful team.

There should be no questions on his ability to rebuild. But yes, I agree that they may not be such a destination club anymore.

I don't know. A year is a long time, and after our year last year no one would have believed we could attract 4 young up and comers to the club considering. Part of that was because of the go home factor and opportunity, but part of it was because our fundamentals - well-resourced club, good fan base, coach with a good rep, some star players - were sound. Hawthorn will always be a destination club in that regard.

I don't know. A year is a long time, and after our year last year no one would have believed we could attract 4 young up and comers to the club considering. Part of that was because of the go home factor and opportunity, but part of it was because our fundamentals - well-resourced club, good fan base, coach with a good rep, some star players - were sound. Hawthorn will always be a destination club in that regard.
Don't worry about hawthorn now,they will need time to build their squad.

Did he? Didn't they already have Hodge, Mitchell, Lewis, Franklin, Roughead and Sewell when he arrived? And then he had like 11 first round picks over the next 3 years?

I must admit I'm not a full bottle but I was sure they had a heap of quality players on the list when he arrived in 2005 wasn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back