Welcome Harley Bennell (To make long awaited Dockers Debut!)

Remove this Banner Ad

i just live down the road from the old premises....so that's why i have an interest and the main board seems to have moved on.

It seems that Bennell was drunk and Virgin has the right to remove passengers that appear to be "under the influence" even if they are sitting calmly in their seat. However, as a sometime passenger, I would like to know how Bennell was accessed. I am not a rampaging lefty on these matters, but i catch the train from mciver most days and if indigenous people are at the station, there is always security staff at the end of the platform....always. And if the indigenous people are doing anything wrong, they are quietly asked to leave. There is no doubt that most of the people shouting or smoking or whatever, have been indigenous. It's adjacent to perth hospital and its the focus of lot of low-income health care. However, I have seen non indigenous people get away with being disruptive because there are no security staff at the station when they do it. For indigenous people, the security staff just appear....always...it made me wonder if bennell's story had a connection.

Dunno what actually transpired in this situation but that is the first thing that popped in my head considering that
  • He complied with requests to be removed from the flight
  • There were no indications he was abusive
  • I have seen other passengers in questionable state get on a plane without any issues

Damian Barrett: "It is a strong possibility [we have seen the last of Bennell]"

"Bennell had gone off the alcohol for at least six weeks, and that was an arrangement he had with Ross"

"Bennell still has a close relationship with Ross Lyon, and Ross will allow Bennell to honour his contract at this stage"

"it is 50/50 at best if Bennell plays again"

"there is something seriously wrong with someone who gets them self in a condition where they can't board a flight."

#Dirty_banchezNews

I have no information on Harley's plane issue so I'm not commenting on that.

But did you not just see what happened to that poor Asian man on that United plane. He had done nothing wrong, paid for his ticket, wasn't drunk. Do you honestly think they would have treated a white female passenger in that way? And then in the companies first press release try and blame that women.

If you don't think racism is an ongoing issue and effecting the way this world works you are blind.
What? The guy refused to leave the aircraft, so they picked him up and dragged him off. We HAVE seen white women treated the same way in similar circumstances.

I absolutely think racism occurs still, I just don't think for a second either of those situations are an example of that, even ******* remotely.

If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, it's a racist!!!!!1!!!1....right.

Last edited:
Don't you think if it was a race related issue, in light of the recent Adelaide issues, bennell would have come out very loudly against virgin?

It wasn't a race issue here. Just boozed. Let's move on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anybody who brings race into Bennell's latest indiscretion is being incredibly banal, and mischievous with the truth. The club, nor has the media raised the prospect of racism. However, yet again we have a few people on here who try to obfuscate the facts by trying to introduce their conspiracy theories.

There is no global cabal.

Anybody who brings race into Bennell's latest indiscretion is being incredibly banal, and mischievous with the truth. The club, nor has the media raised the prospect of racism. However, yet again we have a few people on here who try to obfuscate the facts by trying to introduce their conspiracy theories.

Agree, especially when flying Business class

"Bennell had gone off the alcohol for at least six weeks, and that was an arrangement he had with Ross"

"Bennell still has a close relationship with Ross Lyon, and Ross will allow Bennell to honour his contract at this stage"

"there is something seriously wrong with someone who gets them self in a condition where they can't board a flight."

#Dirty_banchezNews
Damian Barrett is just a rumour mongering flog that's started making up news because none of the clubs will talk to him anymore. Be careful because I don't want Banchez in the Barrett basket bb.

He should know better... You get hammered once you're on the plane and in the air, that way they can't kick you off!
Nah doesn't work. Plenty of flights get diverted cos of rowdy passengers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

#Dirty_banchezNews
If it's 50/50 (bs) then it'd be because of injury, not because of his first problem outside the club. Reeks of poor journalism and desperate attempt to make some news

Damian Barrett is just a rumour mongering flog that's started making up news because none of the clubs will talk to him anymore. Be careful because I don't want Banchez in the Barrett basket bb.

Barrett still hasn't apologised for blatantly lying about why that Saints player (Dempster?) retired the other week. He flat out lied and hasn't had any bit of scrutiny put on him. Flog of the highest order. For some strange reason he absolutely LOVES Ross though. Like, a strange, stalker-ish level desire to get RTB's approval sort of love.

Ross Lyon has said race comes into the treatment of Bennell before. He's not going to raise it every time, or certain people would say he's playing the race card.
There's not much to indicate Bennell's behaviour was unusual compared with a lot of young men.
But do we know that aboriginal men are treated differently in Australia? The answer, sadly, is yes.

Ross Lyon has said race comes into the treatment of Bennell before. He's not going to raise it every time, or certain people would say he's playing the race card.
There's not much to indicate Bennell's behaviour was unusual compared with a lot of young men.
But do we know that aboriginal men are treated differently in Australia? The answer, sadly, is yes.

Unfortunately , A lot of it is unconscious, especially with city people that do not live and work in a mixed community.

Everybody is different and deserves to be judged on their own character, not someone else's.

I find it incongruous to say the least that, in a week where the AFL (rightly) made a big issue of the treatment of Indigenous players in the Showdown, they chose on their website to make a similar issue of Harley being asked to leave a flight - with the heading of "Drunk Docker". The story has been front and centre for days, which I doubt would have been the case with a non-Indigenous player.

I find it incongruous to say the least that, in a week where the AFL (rightly) made a big issue of the treatment of Indigenous players in the Showdown, they chose on their website to make a similar issue of Harley being asked to leave a flight - with the heading of "Drunk Docker". The story has been front and centre for days, which I doubt would have been the case with a non-Indigenous player.
I think his drug history is going to follow him pretty closely until he gets back on the park and achieves something.

Yep! As I said "Unconscious" .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back